Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion on Trading Optimisation

(PSN)thatsmybigtoe

Howdies peeps 

So can I just bring something up and please use an open mind. Also please offer constructive feedback on what you think is best. So I find the trade to be a little clunky, even though its amazingly fun to engage in when you have farmed up the right stock. I think a great addition to the game, which could also act as a trading hub for players to meet up in, would be a trade platform like WOW's auction house. 

The clunky part about trade is the waiting on trade chat, while continuously typing your stock (irritating on ps4 mind you.) and hoping for the best. When you could post your item for trade and its amount, allow players to bid or outright buy the item, all the while you browsing items at your own pace and time. So lets use maroos bazaar, let her be the auctioneer, players post their items and collect there items via the mail system or directly through her if you want a hustling busy space. 

I know this isnt something that can just happen over night, but its a nice thought to streamline trade in the game and add some great quality of life changes. 

Anybody want to share some constructive thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

Howdies peeps 

So can I just bring something up and please use an open mind. Also please offer constructive feedback on what you think is best. So I find the trade to be a little clunky, even though its amazingly fun to engage in when you have farmed up the right stock. I think a great addition to the game, which could also act as a trading hub for players to meet up in, would be a trade platform like WOW's auction house. 

The clunky part about trade is the waiting on trade chat, while continuously typing your stock (irritating on ps4 mind you.) and hoping for the best. When you could post your item for trade and its amount, allow players to bid or outright buy the item, all the while you browsing items at your own pace and time. So lets use maroos bazaar, let her be the auctioneer, players post their items and collect there items via the mail system or directly through her if you want a hustling busy space. 

I know this isnt something that can just happen over night, but its a nice thought to streamline trade in the game and add some great quality of life changes. 

Is this just another auction house suggestion? DE has straight up said no to that. They will never allow passive trading as long as we can freely trade unlimited amounts of premium currency. Being able to list stuff would be nice, but they;ll never let you set it up and forget about it.

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

Is this just another auction house suggestion? DE has straight up said no to that. They will never allow passive trading as long as we can freely trade unlimited amounts of premium currency. Being able to list stuff would be nice, but they;ll never let you set it up and forget about it.

Why is that though? you think its a server orientated thing?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

Thats where you stray into the Hyper Zone.  Use the trade chat filter to only see WTB wanting to buy.... have your "Prime Parts" Inventory up in the background, in front of yr trade kiosk.  Youll have buyers lined up in the spawning areas.  Your wasting your time advertising your own items.  Want proof...ask DE to print my annual sales report.

Just now, Hyperdrome said:

Thats where you stray into the Hyper Zone.  Use the trade chat filter to only see WTB wanting to buy.... have your "Prime Parts" Inventory up in the background, in front of yr trade kiosk.  Youll have buyers lined up in the spawning areas.  Your wasting your time advertising your own items.  Want proof...ask DE to print my annual sales report.

hahaha I love this, alright so filter wtb and prime inventory up

13 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

Why is that though?

Two things:

1. It supports afk/set and forget play which DE wants to avoid under any circumstances

2. the market would collapse in mere hours

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

but explain how it would collapse the market in hours, the pattern is already player driven, its merely another system. Just playing devils advocate

They already did:

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

No, they straight up don't want passive trading. What your suggestion would do is allow the wealthiest players and bot accounts to buy up parts en masse at cheap, leting small groups of players control the market, tanking prices for "trash" prime parts and stuff, and MASSIVELY inflating prices for good gear from hundreds to thousands.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

12 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

Why is that though? you think its a server orientated thing?

No, they straight up don't want passive trading. What your suggestion would do is allow the wealthiest players and bot accounts to buy up parts en masse at cheap, leting small groups of players control the market, tanking prices for "trash" prime parts and stuff, and MASSIVELY inflating prices for good gear from hundreds to thousands.

Edited by Atsia

Just now, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

hahaha I love this, alright so filter wtb and prime inventory up

Yea...cause your so called "methods" are working so well you decided to post about it asking for "constructive thoughts" and condescendingly question how my sales blow yours out of the water.  Hmmmm?

I fully support the idea of the auction, according to the type of GW2 for example:

Спойлер

IwbnebL.jpg

Pay attention, all things of the same type are exhibited at the same price. Nobody "cuts" anyone. In fact, you simply sell your goods to the auction at a certain fixed price, immediately receive money and do not even wait until your goods are bought.

Спойлер

mbL3PsX.jpg

Of course, you can put a price higher automatically offered by the auction, but then you have to wait until all items at a lower price are redeemed.

I read objections many times against the auction on this forum that it is supposedly "killing the economy", "killing the gameplay", "Clemm" will be killed")), etc., all these objections seem to me to be meaningless.

Trading chat is terribly inconvenient. Trading chat is open for fraud. I did not see a more inconvenient trading system in any game, to be honest.

Of course, players who are accustomed to earning good money on the novices' ignorance will be up to the last defend this wretched system. But the more popular is Warframe, the more new players will constantly ask developers to make a normal trading system. Since Warframe is primarily interested in beginners and not in veterans, I think the developers will eventually make an auction.

Naturally, there will be some technical difficulties with the servers for trading, but this is basically a natural development process, and I'm sure that the developers have enough resources to solve this problem.

12 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

I fully support the idea of the auction, according to the type of GW2 for example:

Hide contents

IwbnebL.jpg

Pay attention, all things of the same type are exhibited at the same price. Nobody "cuts" anyone. In fact, you simply sell your goods to the auction at a certain fixed price, immediately receive money and do not even wait until your goods are bought.

Hide contents

mbL3PsX.jpg

Of course, you can put a price higher automatically offered by the auction, but then you have to wait until all items at a lower price are redeemed.

I read objections many times against the auction on this forum that it is supposedly "killing the economy", "killing the gameplay", "Clemm" will be killed")), etc., all these objections seem to me to be meaningless.

Trading chat is terribly inconvenient. Trading chat is open for fraud. I did not see a more inconvenient trading system in any game, to be honest.

Of course, players who are accustomed to earning good money on the novices' ignorance will be up to the last defend this wretched system. But the more popular is Warframe, the more new players will constantly ask developers to make a normal trading system. Since Warframe is primarily interested in beginners and not in veterans, I think the developers will eventually make an auction.

Naturally, there will be some technical difficulties with the servers for trading, but this is basically a natural development process, and I'm sure that the developers have enough resources to solve this problem.

Sweet lord I never thought I would get an actual sound voice. I am finding major resistance on the forums to quality of life changes. My personal experience of trading is irritating and Ive never seen a game economy crash over a system which supports better trading. People are selling items at low price on trade chat anyway, creating a market for reselling at a higher price, which is the argument of people saying a small wealthy community is going to own the market if there is a auction house. People need to stop resisting change so much.

4 минуты назад, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe сказал:

Sweet lord I never thought I would get an actual sound voice. I am finding major resistance on the forums to quality of life changes. My personal experience of trading is irritating and Ive never seen a game economy crash over a system which supports better trading. People are selling items at low price on trade chat anyway, creating a market for reselling at a higher price, which is the argument of people saying a small wealthy community is going to own the market if there is a auction house. People need to stop resisting change so much.

I absolutely agree with you, my friend) 

In fact, in this forum often appears with a request for an auction in the game, so we have much more like-minded people than you think) And it inspires hope)

6 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

I absolutely agree with you, my friend) 

In fact, in this forum often appears with a request for an auction in the game, so we have much more like-minded people than you think) And it inspires hope)

Does it? Because all of them have been told "no", "firm no", or "this again? How many times do you need to be told no". 

But given what I've already seen here, I'm beginning to think that I can guess why it needs to be restated so often. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Does it? Because all of them have been told "no", "firm no", or "this again? How many times do you need to be told no". 

But given what I've already seen here, I'm beginning to think that I can guess why it needs to be restated so often. 

if you consider the fact that trade is a core feature of the game. Its inevitable its going to happen. Open world was also something they said they would not do (to my understanding.) 

10 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Times change. I already gave an argument about the desire of new players.
Previously, it was "no", and tomorrow it may well be "yes."
By the way, I watched similar in the same GW2. 
When she came out, there were no mounts. The developers firmly said "no" to this idea.

For several years the forum raged disputes between opponents and supporters of the idea of mounts. 

More and more people asked to put mounts into the game and in the end ... the developers introduced into the game the mounts))
And whats! Excellent mounts. Everyone was happy, even former opponents of this idea)

There is nothing unchangeable in the world, and even more so in a video game)

2 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

Times change. I already gave an argument about the desire of new players.
Previously, it was "no", and tomorrow it may well be "yes."
By the way, I watched similar in the same GW2. 
When she came out, there were no mounts. The developers firmly said "no" to this idea.

For several years the forum raged disputes between opponents and supporters of the idea of mounts. 

More and more people asked to put mounts into the game and in the end ... the developers introduced into the game the mounts))
And whats! Excellent mounts. Everyone was happy, even former opponents of this idea)

There is nothing unchangeable in the world, and even more so in a video game)

The truth is, the change on this matter is necessary. Even if people want to fight it, it will do the game ultimately a lot of good. You have my support brother