Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yagu/Drauger - the spirit (remastered)

zackharius

Drauger/Yagu/Yaga

”Drauger is a spirit of pure energy that wanders between the land of the living and the dead.”

PtkIxqL.jpg

Hp: 1

Energy: 250

Shield: 2000

Armor: 300

Passive: Spirit eternal. If Drauger’s shield is completely drained he screams emitting a wave of cold and fear while becoming a spirit that hungers for energy so he can re-enter to the land of the living. Drauger is invulnerable during Spirit Eternal.

Abilities:

1. Wanderer

- Surge through the enemy leeching shields and energy while disorienting the victim. Wanderer jumps from enemy to enemy if one is found close enough. Wanderer primes the target for a finisher. Performing a finisher interrupts jumping.

2. Dark Latch

- latch on enemies as their shadow or on a wall. Enemies can’t detect Drauger when latched until the ability is disabled or an offensive action is performed. If latched to an enemy he follows the victim where ever it goes. Shadows linger on you after latching and you gain invisibility for a short time. Performing a finisher refreshes the period of invisibility.

3. Abyss

- Drauger disappears to a pool of tar and reappears nearby making a second pool. Enemies crossing the pool will get stuck for 5 seconds. If enemy is killed in the pool it will regenerate energy and shields for a short time. Performing Dark Latch on a pool will activate Spiraling Shadows. Ghostly fingers emerge from the pool pulling enemies in the tar.

4. Possession

- Drauger’s spirit takes control of an enemy draining energy and turning it into a hollow being of undead wrath. The more energy drained of your victim the more consumed by undead powers you both become.

Draugr is an undead or a ghost in norse mythology. It was the first inspiration for the frame but there also was a celtic beast called Sluagh that was described as restless spirit that isn’t welcomed in heaven or hell or even the otherworld. Combining these two I came up with Drauger the Spirit. This frame has a great shield but almost no health at all (who knows some shield mods get a new life with him). He needs to survive with constantly replenishing his shield and being a hard target due to spirit like abilities and a passive that forgives the fragile nature of Drauger’s being… for a fleeting moment.

The name Drauger might be something that people see as a part of another game and it made me look if there’s some other spirit/ghost mythology. I found Chinese folklore being called ”Yaoguai” that means ”strange ghost”. Simplifying the name for Warframe it could be Yagu or Yaga.

Edited by zackharius

I feel like in the gaming community Draugr or Drauger is always going to be from TES series, even if the name origin is from another location.

Looks good and doable but the only unique ability is his 2, his 1 seems familiar a combo of Revenant and Excalibur, his 3 sounds like Hydroid and his 4 sounds like Nezha

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

15 minutes ago, zackharius said:

Really? I didn't know that could be done since it comes from a mythology. Can they actually do that?

A lot of video game enemies are actually inspired by real mythology. What video game designers do is divorce them from their mythological origins and make them unique. If Tolkien didn’t do that, all goblins/orcs would suffer from tender feet, and it wouldn’t be as fun to kill them, for example.

19 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I feel like in the gaming community Draugr or Drauger is always going to be from TES series, even if the name origin is from another location.

Looks good and doable but the only unique ability is his 2, his 1 seems familiar a combo of Revenant and Excalibur, his 3 sounds like Hydroid and his 4 sounds like Nezha

The concept of the first ability was made and posted first time last spring before Revenant was announced. Nevertheless I agree to some extent but same kind of abilities with mobility and a bonus something is quite common and I felt this way it would be more spirit like since he needs to always keep his shield up.

I can see how the fourth ability could be seen something like Nezha's four as well but in my mind I see it more like Scorpion in Mortal Kombat tbh. It's also cc and replenish for shields. It can be used with 1 and 3 as well to get more out of it.

Thanks. I have to think if I should make them more unique somehow.

19 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

A lot of video game enemies are actually inspired by real mythology. What video game designers do is divorce them from their mythological origins and make them unique. If Tolkien didn’t do that, all goblins/orcs would suffer from tender feet, and it wouldn’t be as fun to kill them, for example.

Hmm. I think I have to check some options for the name. Fortunately I actually researched a lot of mythologies so there might be some other that could be used for the frame as well. I ended up on Drauger since it sounded most like a name that was fitting for Warframe.

Thank you.

Sorry if I misunderstood but if he only has 1HP he'd be instantly killed by anything with toxin damage right? And there are a lot of enemies that leave toxin clouds such as Nox, infested ospreys, ghouls etc. Turning into a ghost when you're out of shields is really cool but I think it needs some kind of gate to stop damage from bleeding over into health eg if you had 100 shields left and the enemy did 150 dmg you're instantly dead right?

5 hours ago, zackharius said:

Hmm. I think I have to check some options for the name. Fortunately I actually researched a lot of mythologies so there might be some other that could be used for the frame as well. I ended up on Drauger since it sounded most like a name that was fitting for Warframe.

Thank you.

I do know that the modern Scandinavian incarnation of draugr are called “Gjangganger” (good luck at saying that right the first time)

15 hours ago, Mr.Prat said:

Sorry if I misunderstood but if he only has 1HP he'd be instantly killed by anything with toxin damage right? And there are a lot of enemies that leave toxin clouds such as Nox, infested ospreys, ghouls etc. Turning into a ghost when you're out of shields is really cool but I think it needs some kind of gate to stop damage from bleeding over into health eg if you had 100 shields left and the enemy did 150 dmg you're instantly dead right?

Didn't really think of toxin clouds and bleeds but the passive was thought up thinking that there's a frame that is fragile but doesn't need to fear dying that badly since he has the opportunity for few seconds (maybe 5 is ok?) to find an enemy to feed on and turning to ghost he would be invulnerable for that period of time.

Good point though. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I do know that the modern Scandinavian incarnation of draugr are called “Gjangganger” (good luck at saying that right the first time)

There's also this 'Yaoguai' in chinese folklore that could be used in some form. It means 'strange ghost' so it sounds kind of fitting imo. Turning it to Warframe it could be 'Yaga' maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoguai

In Japan it's called 'Yokai'.

On 2018-09-05 at 9:08 AM, zackharius said:

There's also this 'Yaoguai' in chinese folklore that could be used in some form. It means 'strange ghost' so it sounds kind of fitting imo. Turning it to Warframe it could be 'Yaga' maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoguai

In Japan it's called 'Yokai'.

I do remember that by looking at faeries from other cultures, DE gave Titania her abilities. Some cultures said that “faeries kill when night falls”, while others say that “faeries can steal souls”. Otherwise a fairy frame would have been too “fluffy” for Warframe’s world.

I dont know if i like the passive. Shields have like 3 second recharge delay so once they begin to charge, will i not be a ghost anymore?

I also agree that his abilities could use some more uniqueness. The 2nd ability i cant find my self using. The current stealth frames make this ability extraordinarily dull. I mean, i magine being in a mission, waiting minutes for a grineer or corpus enemy to move to a location you wish to go to. It would be extremly painful know?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

I dont know if i like the passive. Shields have like 3 second recharge delay so once they begin to charge, will i not be a ghost anymore?

I also agree that his abilities could use some more uniqueness. The 2nd ability i cant find my self using. The current stealth frames make this ability extraordinarily dull. I mean, i magine being in a mission, waiting minutes for a grineer or corpus enemy to move to a location you wish to go to. It would be extremly painful know?

Maybe Drauger/Yaga could have abilities related to possession. I do know that ghosts from various cultures around the world are capable of at least some form of possession.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

The second ability was something I have been thinking for a long time because I wanted something different to use while being stealthy. So it's actually something I thought would be nice to have on spy missions for example. You could do a Dark Latch when you are latched on enemy or wall and jump forward that way too so you didn't need to wait.

When shield is spent the passive kicks in and you are in a state without shield until you replenish your shield with your abilities.

3 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Maybe Drauger/Yaga could have abilities related to possession. I do know that ghosts from various cultures around the world are capable of at least some form of possession.

Funny that you say that because that was exactly what the original Drauger had.

4. Possession

- Drauger’s spirit takes control of an enemy draining energy and turning it into a hollow being of undead wrath. The more energy drained of your victim the more consumed by undead powers you both become.

Which one do you like better?

Also I was thinking rewording the 4 a little so it would sound more like shadowy fingers drawing enemies to the spot Drauger was when activating the ability. The idea about 4 is that it can be used with Abyss' (3) pools to draw enemies in.

The idea behind this frame is that it's fast and hard to target since it's somewhat fragile. For example there's really short animations if any for the abilities. The 1 could be like kuva mist but faster. The 2 could be like x-men Nightcrawler's teleport smoke. 3 could be easily done kind of similar as the Hydroid's pool but with teleport. I actually thought it would be easier to accomplish when there's an ability like it. Nevertheless I felt the teleport part to be important since it adds to Drauger's surivability. 4th could be just rising up in the air and becoming misty and shadowy. You could just leave it there and move on so you wouldn't need to stay and cast it.

I actually even made a picture that in my opinion was how Drauger looked like. Want me to add it?

Edited by zackharius

4 hours ago, zackharius said:

Funny that you say that because that was exactly what the original Drauger had.

4. Possession

Which one do you like better?

Also I was thinking rewording the 4 a little so it would sound more like shadowy fingers drawing enemies to the spot Drauger was when activating the ability. The idea about 4 is that it can be used with Abyss' (3) pools to draw enemies in.

The idea behind this frame is that it's fast and hard to target since it's somewhat fragile. For example there's really short animations if any for the abilities. The 1 could be like kuva mist but faster. The 2 could be like x-men Nightcrawler's teleport smoke. 3 could be easily done kind of similar as the Hydroid's pool but with teleport. I actually thought it would be easier to accomplish when there's an ability like it. Nevertheless I felt the teleport part to be important since it adds to Drauger's surivability. 4th could be just rising up in the air and becoming misty and shadowy. You could just leave it there and move on so you wouldn't need to stay and cast it.

I actually even made a picture that in my opinion was how Drauger looked like. Want me to add it?

Sure, why not?

Something that fits a ghost more for survivability imo is its ability to go through things and take no damage.

You could add damage evasion and/or reduction as his passive perhaps. That increases as he uses abilities. Turning him more into a ghost.

Ghost are supposedly cold too when youre near them so there could be some sort of cold aura simular to the mod coolant leak.

After loosing all of his shields it would be cool to have it to were the warframe is no longer transparent like, exposing his true terrifying face causing enemies facing him after the removal of his shield to run in fear. Like a "boo" scare

However if you do really want to be inside enemies shadows i think it would be cooler if it was simular to demonic possession of a human. Theyre body starts to rot, things move around them that they didnt touch, little things like that. So while youre latched to an enemies shadow you have 4 new abilitys, 1 allowing you to fling the enemy in a direction your aiming at, knocking down enemies in your path and dealing damage. 2 drain health from the enemy rapidly draing 5% health per second and healing you. 3 make the enemy attack another causing all nearby enemies to attack the enemy your latched to dealing 500% extra damage to it. 4 take all projectiles enemies are firing and direct them at a spot your aiming at.

To encourage players to possess an enemy, you could have it to where if the enemy is killed player will recieve a buff that last for an pretty long time (like 40 seconds affected by duration mods) since being latched to enemy may not be too satifying to do without 1. The buff could provide the player with increased damage reduction, damage evasion, and health regeneration for the duration. Maybe even make it an aura that affects nearby players making them look ghost-like.

Some ideas

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

On 2018-09-08 at 3:15 PM, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I just thought of something so bad it’s funny that I had to put it here: when Yaga “scares” someone, sometimes it causes their pants to fall down.

Actually laughed aloud for that! Thanks! You've got a peculiar mod right there! 😆

On 2018-09-08 at 3:14 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

So you turn back to normal after a duration of time or once youve maxed your shields out? Neat passive btw

The passive came from the Celtic beast 'Sluagh' description. It said: "restless spirit, sinner and evildoer that isn’t welcomed in heaven or hell or even the otherworld". How I thought it Drauger would turn back to his material form completely if he gets to a victim fast enough. The time should be kind of short in my opinion because it could be strong a passive otherwise. Maybe 5 seconds or so.

Edited by zackharius

On 2018-09-08 at 3:09 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Something that fits a ghost more for survivability imo is its ability to go through things and take no damage.

You could add damage evasion and/or reduction as his passive perhaps. That increases as he uses abilities. Turning him more into a ghost.

Ghost are supposedly cold too when youre near them so there could be some sort of cold aura simular to the mod coolant leak.

After loosing all of his shields it would be cool to have it to were the warframe is no longer transparent like, exposing his true terrifying face causing enemies facing him after the removal of his shield to run in fear. Like a "boo" scare

However if you do really want to be inside enemies shadows i think it would be cooler if it was simular to demonic possession of a human. Theyre body starts to rot, things move around them that they didnt touch, little things like that. So while youre latched to an enemies shadow you have 4 new abilitys, 1 allowing you to fling the enemy in a direction your aiming at, knocking down enemies in your path and dealing damage. 2 drain health from the enemy rapidly draing 5% health per second and healing you. 3 make the enemy attack another causing all nearby enemies to attack the enemy your latched to dealing 500% extra damage to it. 4 take all projectiles enemies are firing and direct them at a spot your aiming at.

To encourage players to possess an enemy, you could have it to where if the enemy is killed player will recieve a buff that last for an pretty long time (like 40 seconds affected by duration mods) since being latched to enemy may not be too satifying to do without 1. The buff could provide the player with increased damage reduction, damage evasion, and health regeneration for the duration. Maybe even make it an aura that affects nearby players making them look ghost-like.

Some ideas

I actually thought that during the passive Drauger would be invulnerable but I didn't put it anywhere. Thanks for pointing it out.

I really like the idea of cold aura and fear when the passive kicks in. Sounds really cool!

The original Drauger had an ability called "Possession" and it was quite similar what you proposed there. I have actually told about that in a post above. The ability was like this:

Possession

What this means Drauger will get his shields back but also gains a damage buff. The negative of this ability is that the more you drain your enemy the less it has health after you leave the possession. So the possessed victim is stronger but has less health so it can't take as many hits.

Thank you very much! You gave lots of good ideas and they brought up even more ideas of my own. 😊

Edited by zackharius