Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus clock as landing craft decoration

antiqwiz

So here is my idea: would be nice to have a clock, maybe cetus style sundial, where we can check how many time left until night, because i am lazy to ckeck external sites and therefore skipping most hunts. We could buy it for ostron points (multiple times) and place anywhere in our ships. Example near navigation, so when I done with my missions and looking for something to do, I can see it.
But would be extracool when [Lodestar Syandana] can be also animated and show us cetus day/night cycle! :)

See you ingame!

2 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:

Did you Not Notice the Cycle On the Node in Navigation?

I believe they're referring to the actual timer Konzu has for his bounties. To a point I kind of agree with that because Day/Dusk/Night can be ambiguous. But, on the other hand it would be redundant because we have the Cycle on the node as Runeglyph pointed out.

On a different note, I'm all for a sundial as a decoration piece. Would look neat IMO.

7 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:

Did you Not Notice the Cycle On the Node in Navigation?

That's not accurate enough. When it says "Day" how long is it till night? It can be more than an hour or less than 20 minutes. Morning/Dawn/Sunset last for like 10 minutes.

On 2018-09-05 at 10:34 AM, Kialandi said:

That's not accurate enough. When it says "Day" how long is it till night? It can be more than an hour or less than 20 minutes. Morning/Dawn/Sunset last for like 10 minutes.

Exactly this. Just because it says "Day" on the PoE node, that doesn't relay any information about when in the "Day" it is. Or when in the "Night", for that matter. This is esp important for those of us with older rigs, as loading into Cetus and PoE can be quite a chore. And to go through all that trouble just to find out that there are only 5 minutes left of Night, or that Day is only 5 minutes old, is quite frustrating. Or vice versa if you are frame/mod farming.

Great idea, antiqwiz!

Edited by Thunder_Chief
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Great Points from everyone!

This Cetus Clock doesn't need to be a true sundial but,

What if...

• It was a Disk with Illuminated "Cetusian" (See-Tuss-ian) Numbers.
  • the numbers one after the other go off when that Minute passes till the last one, instead of the last going out it flashes until the next part of the cycle (Dawn,Day,Dusk,Night) then Min. after Min. starts lighting the Numbers up, repeat, etc.
  • Center has a little glowing orb of light changing colors depending on the cycle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvv4k2EJE6AwRvCu8wvXGFFD_Feature_07_l.jpgfrisbee-flashflightv2-red-1_3.jpg510LQajhSnL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg60206999-stock-vector-timeline-icon-3d-n

Edited by Runeglyph
added examples