Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught is Pointless Boredom Because of Saryn

ActionPoohole

1 hour ago, Asherdr said:

So because the option to opt out of pointless bullet spraying exists, the entire game is therefore boring?

It seems like you are unaware of non-AoE existence.

What is melee attacking if not mindless spamming? Secondaries and primaries go the same way, hold down the trigger and spray or tappa tappa tappa, spam spam spam.

Sure, hide in the corner and start spamming melee button (or shoot without aiming), we'll see how far it will get you.

Its interesting that people even target saryn for the spam title in elite sanctuary, when she usually ends the sanctuary with fewest abilities cast. You cant spam 4, and spamming 1 defies the point. Apply the spores, hit the target with toxic lash, profit. What almost everyone is calling spam, is actually ability synergy, thanks to Active Gameplay Changes made to her last build, wow. Changes, not nerfs.

Just because you are performing an "active" play style, doesn't make you effective, or make it interesting. Hunting Eidolons being case in point, very active, boring as watching paint dry, all the more so when people bring the wrong load outs to contribute to the kill.

And finally, personal taste and preference, everyone is different. I enjoy a good mesa waltz every now and then, and sometimes i enjoy cleaving through an infested survival with inaros melee builds. I tolerate Elite sanctuary farm, only because of aoe kill frames.

If you find some gamemodes bad, you can propose changes for these gamemodes instead of praising band-aids.

Remember the Mirage-simulor and the Loki-tonkor? Pepperidge farm remembers 

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep

Who makes up excuses for Saryn's current situation are the same who wanted those to stay, despite their pretenses that "if you nerf this there will be another there" we're slowly getting rid of the damage ticks in the distance cancer and 300% range AOEs where you brainless kill stuff you're not even aware of, and proceeding step by step towards the better end of the rope. DE clearly stated against this kind of unfun gameplay when they addressed the melee 'spin to win through walls'

6 hours ago, Andaius said:

Oh, so "fun" thats overly complected, doesn't work very good most of the time, and only is very good if you use very particular spammy combos (namely molt spore bomb) that limits what weapons you can use effectively is "adult". XD Then yay for extemely limited one trick nuke spam!

Mmm, if that's your understanding of my reply you failed to grasp what I was saying.  Instead of replying to what you wanted me to say, you should try replying to what I actually said. And again, your lack of understanding of how her interactions used to work shines through.The spores burst damage could only be increased if its host was inflicted with a toxin proc. And Molt was not able to be inflicted with toxin procs. You were not able to increase spore burst damage by placing spores on molt and shooting them. Meaning the "mini nuke" as you referred to it, would have been (25 x Ability Strength) worth of damage. Maxing out at ~75 damage per spore popped. At this point, it seems as if your conception of how Saryn used to work is incorrect if you think weapon choice mattered when molt spore spamming. Which from this sentence,

6 hours ago, Andaius said:

and only is very good if you use very particular spammy combos (namely molt spore bomb) that limits what weapons you can use effectively

its obvious that you do. Like I said before, there were some people who were willing to put in the time and effort to understand how she worked, and there were some people who were not. And that's fine, that's how it should be. You invest time and effort into things you think are worth your time and effort. Some people decided that understanding Saryn was worth their time and their effort, and some people did not. It's not a crime either way.

I'd suggest going through reddit threads, warframe topics, and youtube videos to re-evaluate your understanding of 2.0 Saryn before replying to me again. Having a discussion about Saryn 2.0 interactions with someone who doesn't understand Saryn 2.0 interactions would be a waste of my time. And if you don't want to put in the time or effort into doing what I mentioned above, that's perfectly alright. If you do not feel like putting in the time or effort into understanding how she used to work, I'd suggest you refrain from continuing this discussion with me, for, as you have demonstrated in your replies, you do not understand how 2.0 Saryn used to work, well enough, to have a productive conversation about it.

12 hours ago, MageSkeleton said:

In the PoE when your "liberating the camp" there are no walls. You kill enemies and you gain in percentage. THIS IS HOW ESO SHOULD WORK. The percentage should not be a hybrid of Life Support and Interception, it needs to reflect the number of enemies actually on the map where then each zone enemies spawn onto the map faster. And if the map is too full of enemies THEN players get kicked out.

Best idea I've seen. You get an upvote.

If you think ESO is boring when there's saryn, try use any frame without mods and go solo to challenge yourself.

As a new player, ESO is challenging for me. I have to kill everything efficiently. Saryn, Equinox or Mag are my choice because of the AoE. But I still need someone else to protect me, give support, and keeps me alive. When I use them in ESO, I always need Trinity for energy, frame with high armor or health like Rhino or Inaros to be my guardian, or maybe Octavia to buff everyone. But when I don't use Saryn, Equinox, or Mag in ESO, my choice would be Trinity or Inaros to take supportive role. I thinks that is sinergy. But that just me. Everyone has different opinions about everything.

But why do veterans always think that end game content should be ultra hard? Although, for me the only veterans in Warframe are the ones who have Excalibur Prime. The rest is just ex-newbie.

19 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

But why do veterans always think that end game content should be ultra hard? Although, for me the only veterans in Warframe are the ones who have Excalibur Prime. The rest is just ex-newbie.

buying a founders pack doesnt make you a vet. its like saying someone who doesnt play, logs in, buys the pack, logs out and doesnt play again is more of a vet than someone who plays 10hrs everyday. new player logic is funny.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

buying a founders pack doesnt make you a vet. its like saying someone who doesnt play, logs in, buys the pack, logs out and doesnt play again is more of a vet than someone who plays 10hrs a everyday. new player logic is funny.

But why did they buy the founders pack in the first place if they didn't love the game and didn't want to play a lot? Too much money?

I play 10 hrs everyday for months and now MR 20. Does this make me a veteran? My friend has been playing for years but still MR 16 and not doing 10 hrs everyday routine. Does that make him still a newbie?

On 2018-09-21 at 12:19 AM, Asherdr said:

-snip for brevity-

Overextended already has a strength penalty on it........ Everyone who seems in favor of nerfing warframes or warframe abilities, doesnt seem to remember the name of the game, WARFRAME. If my warframe isnt the lynchpin of the gameplay, then this is no better than 3rd person shooter simulator.

I think you might have misunderstood the point. Damage FALLOFF isn't at all the same as overextended's straight damage reduction.

A falloff is full strength up to a certain threshold and then a reduction out from there. Shotguns work with a similar premise already in warframe.

Judging by your post, you like being able to click one button and zap entire waves of mobs. That's fine, if that's what you want to do. But, for me, saryn really has gotten to the point where i just log out of a match when i find a player doing this. I don't begrudge them, I just simply don't want to stand in a corner sucking my thumb and watching them kill everything.

There is a PlagueStar event. I run it with Mirage, some crit amprex, and 500% eclipse. Could be better, but not a bad setup, yet still there are damm Titanians reaching 70% damage . Totally op. And unlike ESO which have only relics, Plague Star have some useful rewards. It is almost unplayable with all the Titanians flying around. Should we nerf Titania? I am paying customer and demand justice!

Edited by felixsylvaris

Yeah, I still refer shifting the topic with personal assumptions (linking it to a wikipedia page about latin locutions doesn't make it more exhaustive nor make you look more "skillful") a childish way to derail the thread. 

If you think that people are exaggerating about Saryn new prowess on mopping the maps, that's your opinion, as mine is the contrary and this section of the forum is the right place to place your feedback about it. "If people are too blind or too ignorant to acknowledge it then it's honestly not my problem"  is in fact not for you neither others to decide, It's always DE's final sentence to take the suggestions and acknowledge if there is a problem or not with Saryn's rework, thinking it as a one-upmanship of who speaks louder and who gets the last sentence is childish at best

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

"Try again kiddo" says the person who argues for a nerf because a thread seemed to be full of posts (which is very typical for nerf threads. have 3 persons ask for nerf and have 30 people defend it)

I'm not stating that it is true that Saryn needs a nerf only for the fact that many talk about it, but that it is in fact controversial if it gained that much attention, and it "seems" to you that it has received so much reception because the minority is arguing about it and the majority against it is what is really generalising and trying to sweep the matter under the carpet. Go open one about nerfing Wukong if you want to see how much is there to talk about, and don't bother me with this biased mess

when it comes to saryn you DO NOT need to hit her 4 every 10 dm sec.. if spores are spread & then use lash its perfect not only for the saryn but as a squad. i run eos solo with saryn & use my 4th maybe 2x in 8waves. i decided to run some public bc a clanmate said hes tired of walking around in both low & high tier onslaught. 4x in a row if it wasnt 1 then there were 2 saryns hittn that 4 every 10sec where i was left walking around. its absolutly ridiculous that ppl are so ignorant & lazy when it comes to gaming. so im now awaiting a very good frame to be nerfed to the grave bc of the idiots who dont want to spend 5min to read what her abilities acually do. lame..

18 hours ago, MudShadow said:

The only problem with Saryn in ESO is that she can spread spores indefinitely through-out the entire round where as other frames are stunted due to re-using the same power. 

as long as its not spam, but her spores help the other players. i use oberon, trinity, atlas & some otners & can use my abilitys without getting locked out. but my point is a saryn player dosent have to use the 4th more than 1x a wave if spores are kept up. ive seen as many as 8 casts in just the 1st wave. totally unesessary & pointless

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-05 at 8:45 PM, Kraythax said:

To heck with it. I'm not on Warframe to play the bloody forums. You will notice I have a very small number of posts because I like t play, not forum chat. I have had my say and will say now that I will not purchase another thing from Warframe until it becomes a fun game to play again. If it goes the way of destiny, well oh well,  Fallout 76 is coming up and if DE doesn't want my business that is their choice.

Bye. You can all flame me in peace and harmony.

play solo then or with friends lol.. always confused when i see "Oh i am not spending anymore money, or supporting wf bc of my bad experiences" so why play publicly? ive been playing solo 2.5 - 3yrs.. when my clan/friends are on we play. & it is possible to play more than 1 game. ive got a full time job & a house & i manage to not only play wf but several other games as well.. you got it wrong "if DE doesnt want your business thats theyr choice"? wrong thats your decision.. or quitting wf until its fun again? they do have some issues but the fun aspect is on you & only you. how you chose to play isnt decided by them. GL

On 2018-09-24 at 8:38 AM, felixsylvaris said:

Yeah spamming Miasma is weird thing to do. If something is spored it will die anyway, and if there are some other players they could use their weapons and do it just fine. Corrosive proc could be very useful on grineer waves.

ive got some vids a prime example of players not only spamming saryns 4 but thats all theyr bringing to the fight. the last vid was a player just running around hitting 4 about every 10sec or so. from wave 1-8. didnt even fire off 1 shot from a weapon.. i personally wouldnt care if thats how you play come wave 8 & above or if in pub matches there were a ton more enemies. but seriously wave 1. & a squad of players as well. i posted a solo vid of operator only maintaining 100% efficentcy wave 1-4. 

the main prob is people play public & treat it as if they were playing solo. if a squad of 3 can maintain 100% up to wave 8 with not 1 sayrn then it says a lot about them spams.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Deliriums Realm said:

the main prob is people play public & treat it as if they were playing solo.

This has been the biggest conundrum I have with the Warframe player base as a whole.  They say that it's more fun to play with others, but yet play as if the others aren't even there.  If you're going to play that way, you might as well just solo.  

The only reason I can think for doing this is to have an audience to stroke an ego.  That or just being really inconsiderate.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

I'm a big fan of the Saryns that come to Sortie Mobile defense  - no cc &  the spores don't kill the enemies before they kill the defense objective. /s  For that matter, they bring Saryns to sortie rescue, sortie sabotage, sortie spy etc... 

They only bring saryn to have a high damage number on summary screen . 🤷‍♂️ Maybe they think other players won't think they are scrubs but that they are 733T.  Or when all you have is a hammer, all the worlds a nail I guess.

Honestly I don't think this is a problem with Saryn. It is a problem with "End Game Content" or lack there of in warframe. The closest thing that can be considered a real endgame in Warframe is hanging out for 2+ hours in a survival which doesn't actually net any additional loot beyond what you would get for running 6 20 minute survivals. The problem with this is that DE has taken the quick a dirty route when it comes to "Difficulty" and that is over inflated health pools (and/or damage reduction) and infinite damage scaling that makes an attack that wouldn't so much as leave a scratch on your immaculate fashion frame paint job at the start of the mission capable of atomizing entire galaxies after about 15 episodes of the enemies collectively chanting Kamehameha! This as lead to the issue that instead of encouraging players to use abilities in creative ways to solve problems it is often more effective to just go with the most broken over powered option there is. I also doesn't encourage ability designs that have a lot of enemy interaction. After all if your enemy will delete your very existence from reality as we know if you let them touch you then all that matters is that they don't touch you, the last thing you want is for them to ever actually interacting with you. You want to kill them before they have LoS because if you give them that then you are just dead. 

The solution to this isn't taking quick and dirt route slapping a hard nerf on frames that can do this (though that also wouldn't necessarily hurt) but instead taking the time to create more interesting enemy types that REQUIRE player interaction in order to kill. I think the Kuva guardians and eidolons while not nearly as fleshed out as they could be are a good example of something already in the game that DE should make more use of. That is because the solution to the problem they bring up is not solved by "hit it with a bigger hammer from further away" mostly anyway. Another example of something that could be used more are things like the rockets that are used by the raptor in either a sortie 3 or in the second round of a high risk index run. They are capable of dealing massive soul crushing damage but the are telegraphed enough for a player to see what is about to happen and move out of the way. 

Basically there are more creative and infinitely more effective and enjoyable ways to create challenge and difficulty in the game that don't require hard board wide nerfs. If Saryn's ability to  spam spores is OP then create an enemy type that gets powered up when ever it takes corrosive damage so it punishes the heavy use of that strategy. If Equinox's maim is too OP then create an enemy type that will reflect a percentage of ability damage over a certain threshold back at the caster. This creates incentive to use abilities creatively and strategically as using something that is "OP" may just end up punishing you if you aren't paying attention or aren't working as a team. 

18 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

then create an enemy type that gets powered up when ever it takes corrosive damage so it punishes the heavy use of that strategy.

I would literally laugh my arse of if this was to really happen.  The levels of salt from the forums alone would be massive.  

I say this because there is already an enemy type that ignores both Saryn's and Equinox's powers.  Nullifiers and we already know how much the forums complained about them.  LOL

I myself find enemies like Nullifiers, Nox, Combus, Bursa, etc to be interesting enemies.  

42 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I would literally laugh my arse of if this was to really happen.  The levels of salt from the forums alone would be massive.  

I say this because there is already an enemy type that ignores both Saryn's and Equinox's powers.  Nullifiers and we already know how much the forums complained about them.  LOL

I myself find enemies like Nullifiers, Nox, Combus, Bursa, etc to be interesting enemies.  

I would generally agree with this yes. I think they could be tweeked but they are the enemies that actually make you alter they way you play if only in the slightest way possible (that being: oh now I really need to focus on killing that guy so I can go about may marry way and press the same 2 buttons for the next 20 minutes) I will saybout of the ones you mentioned combus are BS because they can drop your energy with no warning and it is unavoidable out side of out right killing them before they get close enough to do that which is bad design IMO. But nullifiers, nox, bersas all have way to deal with them before they really do a lot of damage.