The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught is Pointless Boredom Because of Saryn

ActionPoohole

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. last i checked solo gets less spawn which means less affinity and less item drops due to being tied to spawn which increases with squad size.

nidus with any AOE weapon means what exactly. no weapon in the game can one shot a room. if more powers were like aoe weapons there would be no issue. so im gonna go ahead and move away from the forums the fanboy strength is getting a bit too much for me.

Then what you want? solo EOS with a sentinel only?

there is a reason to be called elite sanctuary ouslaugh.

25 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

name one weapon that can one shot a room. ill wait.

A Zenistar with Ivara can easily wipe out a entire room. More so if you manage to get a Riven for it but i tried it whitout and it still works.
I would imagine it got a bit nerfed with the Melee rework forcing you to have LoS between the moving disc and the mobs.

Still a one Forma Zenistar manged to do ~2550 damage a tick, have 50% chance to apply either a ~750 burning proc and a Stun equal to Miasma. Or Apply Viral.
All this on level 150 Elite Lancers, those have 41156 Clone Flesh and 5546 alloy armor = 94,87% Damage resistance towards the above mentioned damage.

This was done with.

130% Power Strenght Ivara
and a Zenistar with
Vicous Frost, Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Primed Pressure Point, Drifting Contact, Molten Impact, Primed Reach and Spoiled strike.

And i would imagine someone who built a more effective Ivara and/or weapon config and/or got lucky enough to get a Riven with more Reach would deal more damage and wipe foes out even faster.

And all of this can be done sitting stealthed in a corner.

2 minutes ago, miomima said:

toxic lash is melee oriented ability, which make saryn tanky as hell and helps deal more damage.

"Saryn imbues all her weapons with potent toxins for 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 seconds, adding 20% / 24% / 26% / 30% of the weapon's total damage as Toxin b Toxin damage (doubled for melee weapons), with 100% Toxin b Toxin status chanceon every strike. Attacks enhanced with Toxic Lash will burst all Spores on infected enemies on hit and spread them to nearby enemies." - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn#Abilities

Again, where did you see that Saryn is melee?

5 minutes ago, miomima said:

toxic lash is melee oriented ability, which make saryn tanky as hell and helps deal more damage.

And it is true that it will help her with Surviving. But here is a common missconception people who have yet to play her miss out on.
In order for the damage resistance to help her, you not only need to be front facing foes and have a melee weapon out. But as soon as you do anything else such as cast a ability or melee, you are no longer gaining the damage resistance it can give you.

6 минут назад, Peter сказал:

"Saryn imbues all her weapons with potent toxins for 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 seconds, adding 20% / 24% / 26% / 30% of the weapon's total damage as Toxin b Toxin damage (doubled for melee weapons), with 100% Toxin b Toxin status chanceon every strike. Attacks enhanced with Toxic Lash will burst all Spores on infected enemies on hit and spread them to nearby enemies." - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn#Abilities

Again, where did you see that Saryn is melee?

damage is doubled for melee, adds 40% (moddable) damage block to any weapon (up to 90%)

4 минуты назад, Hellmaker2004 сказал:

And it is true that it will help her with Surviving. But here is a common missconception people who have yet to play her miss out on.
In order for the damage resistance to help her, you not only need to be front facing foes and have a melee weapon out. But as soon as you do anything else such as cast a ability or melee, you are no longer gaining the damage resistance it can give you.

and then we have saryn stats with good amount of EHP (~5000+) before blocking, unlike some banshee.

3 hours ago, Buttaface said:

You posted Ember needs further nerfs. That's either a woeful lack of knowledge of the game or trolling. No "C" option.

I'm disappointed that you're advocating to nerf "Abusive, mindless map clear AOE spam" but refuse to acknowledge that WoF is exactly that, except you don't have to spam it just click it once. Yet you accuse me of lacking knowledge. Wonder who's the troll here?

I don't know about you but unlike Saryn, Ember doesn't need to pop spores or wait till the damage is scaled up. Saryn has more range and can strip armor i give you that but that's it.

14 minutes ago, miomima said:

and then we have saryn stats with good amount of EHP (~5000+) before blocking, unlike some banshee.

Saryn have
Armor: 300/(300+300) = 0.5 = 50% DR.
Health 300/(1-(300/(300+300))) = 600
Shield 300
For a total of 900 EHP.

Banshee have
Armor 65/(65+300) = 0.17808219178 = ~18%
Health 300/(1-(65/(65+300))) = 365
Shield 300
For a Total of 665 EHP.

I might have missed something, and i can agree that Saryn have more EHP than Banshee. But last time i checked 900 = 5000 is a false statement.

Or is this once again one of your 200%+ Power Strenght, 200%+ Powere Range, 175%+ Power Efficency, somehow have Miasma ignore the stun restrictions it is using and still have plenty of space to fit in all survival mods Saryn you so happen to run into?

Edited by Hellmaker2004

2 минуты назад, Hellmaker2004 сказал:

Saryn have
Armor: 300/(300+300) = 0.5 = 50% DR.
Health 300/(1-(300/(300+300))) = 600
Shield 300
For a total of 900 EHP.

Banshee have
Armor 65/(65+300) = 0.17808219178 = ~18%
Health 300/(1-(65/(65+300))) = 365
Shield 300
For a Total of 665 EHP.

I might have missed something, and i can agree that Saryn have more EHP than Banshee. But last time i checked 900 = 5000 is a false statement.

Or is this once again one of your 200%+ Power Strenght, 200%+ Powere Range, 175%+ Power Efficency, somehow have Miasma ignore the stun restrictions it is using and still have plenty of space to fit in all survival mods as well?

pssst, there is mods in the game. i even post a video of permastuning enemies with miasma vith negative duration, but you probably ignore it %)

Edited by miomima

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

DE also wants balance. a reason WoF took a nerf? it was killing enemies before anyone could see them.

Hah, what nerf? You mean the increased energy consumption and the shrinking range (that also gives more dmg!!) which you can just recast to get back? You can argue it's made slightly worse and less comfortable to play. But it still does what it did before. But hey, DE touched it, people are mad about Ember being nerfed now i won't have to see her so often so everything is fine now! Nobody cares about balance in the slightest. They only want kills and it's disgusting.

51 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

last i checked solo gets less spawn which means less affinity and less item drops due to being tied to spawn which increases with squad size.

You contradict yourself. If you were in to gain affinity, you would never ever complain about someone getting all the kills since that will make it rain XP for you. And if solo had the enemy spawn of 4 players, people would complain about Warframe being too hard.

53 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

nidus with any AOE weapon means what exactly. no weapon in the game can one shot a room

53 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

QFT.

Ever realized Nidus has more than just his 1 spam? Throw a larva anywhere with max range, it grabs everything in the room into one ball and then you can smack in. Boom. 10+ enemies exploding at once.

Fun fact, that nidus strategy is actually doing a oneshot. Now please show me how Saryn can "oneshot" a room. I'll wait ^^

9 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hah, what nerf? You mean the increased energy consumption and the shrinking range (that also gives more dmg!!) which you can just recast to get back? You can argue it's made slightly worse and less comfortable to play. But it still does what it did before. But hey, DE touched it, people are mad about Ember being nerfed now i won't have to see her so often so everything is fine now! Nobody cares about balance in the slightest. They only want kills and it's disgusting.

You contradict yourself. If you were in to gain affinity, you would never ever complain about someone getting all the kills since that will make it rain XP for you. And if solo had the enemy spawn of 4 players, people would complain about Warframe being too hard.

QFT.

Ever realized Nidus has more than just his 1 spam? Throw a larva anywhere with max range, it grabs everything in the room into one ball and then you can smack in. Boom. 10+ enemies exploding at once.

Fun fact, that nidus strategy is actually doing a oneshot. Now please show me how Saryn can "oneshot" a room. I'll wait ^^

Miasma?

8 minutes ago, miomima said:

pssst, there is mods in the game. i even post a video of permastuning enemies with miasma vith negative duration, but you probably ignore it %)

Only thing you have linked is "https://vimeo.com/user89275633/review/288825641/6337715a13"

And for me that leads into a "Sorry, we couldn’t find that page"

I know there are mods, you know who else can use mods? Banshee.
You know what happen when you start to equip mods such as Vitality etc?
You start to sacrifice other mods such as power Strenght, range efficency. Saryn is like all other frame limited to 4x2 Mod Slots, 1x Aura Slot and a 1x Exilus Slot.

Now i can not coment on your video of Saryn "Stun Locking" Since at least for me, it is not showing anything. I can however say that if you think that Saryn can stun lock. Oh boy are you in for a treat once you try out embers stun lock. It provides the same type of stun, have shorter cast time. Cost only 66% Of what Miasma costs and is  only suffering from half the restrictionon Miasma have. 

Yet somehow i do not see a lot of Complaining about Ember stunlocking foes. It is almost like if one point of the argument holds false, they missdirect to something else.

back to EHP, you need only 3 umbral mods to have ~5000 ehp with 166% AS, yes it might force you to use Steel Charge for extra capacity. And i not even gona touch EE because 100% or even negative one just increase the price of being OP (arcane energize, energy pads, trinity, harrow), so yea, if you spend some time spending formas on saryn you can have both survivability and range with strenght.

Ok a few things to add in, First they are moving this is primarily due to the skeletal animation set being random so a few of them are moving in between pulses  but it is for minimal time.
You only use one type of enemy who all share said Skeletan Animation set. Somehow this is proof that she can stunlock everything.

Your Miasma is dealing 29 Damage a second, now i am having a hard time to check what type of enemy they are, they do look like Corrupt Lancers but if i am wrong there may be some correction here. But at 29 Viral damage a second you are using less than 100% Power Strenght, tried this out myself and at 100% It deals 31 damage, something a lot of people here are advocating is a massive amount.

It would have been more interesting to see your entire build as well. 

Now i will add in in the end that yes under your circumstances you showed she can stunlock. Something that Ember is also doing, at 66% less energy cost. And is more reliable as well.

2 минуты назад, Hellmaker2004 сказал:

Ok a few things to add in, First they are moving this is primarily due to the skeletal animation set being random so a few of them are moving in between pulses  but it is for minimal time.
You only use one type of enemy who all share said Skeletan Animation set. Somehow this is proof that she can stunlock everything.

Your Miasma is dealing 29 Damage a second, now i am having a hard time to check what type of enemy they are, they do look like Corrupt Lancers but if i am wrong there may be some correction here. But at 29 Viral damage a second you are using less than 100% Power Strenght, tried this out myself and at 100% It deals 31 damage, something a lot of people here are advocating is a massive amount.

It would have been more interesting to see your entire build as well. 

Now i will add in in the end that yes under your circumstances you showed she can stunlock. Something that Ember is also doing, at 66% less energy cost. And is more reliable as well.

ember halving their hp and striping their armor in process and dealing even more damage with spores? ember have more than 1100 hp with more than 700 armor?

on video there was 95% str i gues, umbral mods was not maxed, and i still have 1-2 mods slots left due to no forma saryn.

1 час назад, jalen961 сказал:

Your ignorant about skill. Play a little further into the mission instead of crying and trying to call me ignorant when you are clearly representing this bite sized comunity which consist of all players on this game that have no skill and never play past 5 waves/rounds of anyrhing. Get gud instead of whining when you can't get kills. Honestly there are more frames then just saryn that have that killing power like equinox for example. 

Dont even get me started on how underwhelming saryn can be in other types of missions like exterminate or amy of the speed run missions like capture.

You can play the game when you learn how

Look how angry we are. Equinox maim is next on the list (everyone who advocate Saryn gives equinox as example tho 😄 ) . And Saryn is not realy underwhelming on capture due to speed buff from molt (so mini volt, and with volt in team she is even faster)

Edited by miomima

44 minutes ago, miomima said:

ember halving their hp and striping their armor in process and dealing even more damage with spores? ember have more than 1100 hp with more than 700 armor?

on video there was 95% str i gues, umbral mods was not maxed, and i still have 1-2 mods slots left due to no forma saryn.

I just saw on your profile, you have few Warframes and only have 1% use with Saryn Prime, I think it's too early to define something OP or not.

You really need to spend less time in the Forum, suggesting something without even knowing it is kind of weird.

And you don't have Ember/Prime to discuss...

Edited by Peter

8 минут назад, Peter сказал:

I just saw on your profile, you have few Warframes and only have 1% use with Saryn Prime, I think it's too early to define something OP or not.

You really need to spend less time in the Forum, suggesting something without even knowing it is kind of weird.

Oh, and you don't have Ember/Prime to discuss...

meybe i just have too much time on Nyx? ehh?(maybe you should too, to notice that drastic difference) I dont have that much messeges to "spend less time in the Forum". And "suggesting something without even knowing" is kinda out of nowhere.

Edited by miomima

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Miasma?

In what level exactly? With Nidus i can still oneshot level 155s. On very low levels Miasma can do oneshot, i give you that. But so can multiple other things such as WoF, Soundquake, Discharge, or even just an Ignis spraying around. On higher levels, Miasma requires DoTs to tick down. In which enemies can still get killed by other sources. Or it simply doesn't oneshot should there be tougher enemies. Besides, majority of Saryn complaints stem from ESO and because of "Spore scaling into infinity!". You can't even spam Miasma in ESO.

Just went into ESO again to see how things go and i've seen my Saryn getting LOTS of kills. But after some time! Due to her long range spreading nature, most of the kills come from enemies far away due to spores already having reached high damage at this point paired with miasma, i occasionally get some huge kill spikes. But nothing that could make me say: "Wew, i barely see enemies anymore how are others supposed to do anything?".

Then i try Nidus and while i couldn't reach enemies behind walls and stuff, every enemy in the same room gets clumped together and i just have to release my cannon.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

^that is a oneshot.

So once again all it boils down to me is people entering with whatever very unsuited gear for onslaught and then expecting to get many kills against someone who goes in with a DPS setup. Should you go in with proper weapons or a frame that can deal with hordes, you shouldn't have any problems in getting your own food. Unless you don't even try.

1 hour ago, miomima said:

back to EHP, you need only 3 umbral mods to have ~5000 ehp with 166% AS, yes it might force you to use Steel Charge for extra capacity. And i not even gona touch EE because 100% or even negative one just increase the price of being OP (arcane energize, energy pads, trinity, harrow), so yea, if you spend some time spending formas on saryn you can have both survivability and range with strenght.

So you're saying a top-decked out player having spent lots of hours and resources to create their ultimate build, is actually pretty potent? You don't say... Besides, i don't see what that permastun has anything to do about the Saryn complaints being about kills. Not even going to mention how ineffective and expensive this is compared to other CC options...

Edited by IceColdHawk

Because there seems to be a lot of "oh you're low MR, you don't play nukers, you're just jealous you don't get kills", blah blah, going on, I'll throw my 2c in.

Whenever I take Saryn into ESO, I get over twice the kills and damage of the next non-Saryn nuke frame, e.g. Equinox or Volt.

Saryn's kit is nice, it requires active play and the use of a combination of abilities/weapons. I don't think her mechanics need changing. The damage on spores needs to tone down a little.

Edited by schilds

3 минуты назад, Peter сказал:

Thats the problem, you don't have any practice with nukers, you don't played with any nuker, you don't used any AOE damage weapon for more than 1%, but yeah,

All I see is you all day on the forum complaining and complaining while I could be doing something more useful, I do not see anything constructive coming out of you, I can not even take you seriously anymore, all I see here is someone who can not stand to see one warframe killing more than a Nyx, which is hilarious.

Stop by and see your profile, and ask yourself, what base do you have to want to complain about and compare to other things that you have never experienced, you do not even have 50% of the game's mastered content, and I bet you did not build 5% of everything mastered, but here you are repeatedly complaining about the same thing and complaining in other topics also of random things.

You have no basis to complain about anything, and your profile shows it.

I do not know how the moderator has not taken it from here yet.

oh, im sory that i dont build trinity for MR exp while i have trinity prime, im sory that i dont build marelok when i have Vaykor version, or destreza, or mr foder like cronus, so unexpirienced, should keep calm.

After more than 1000 hours in game you kinda understand what weapon\frame gona give you from pure stats (i hope anyone can). Because i know mechanics, because i can spend some time reading wiki before using something. And yea, Saryn is only nuker frame for ya :highfive:. Have a good day.