Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Feline WIP helmet

ZENGFRAME

i0zItIz.png

---------------------------------------updated 9/27-------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I 've updated my sculpture of this Valkyr helmet,which type of the chin would you like? (and it's much thinner now)

Cracked tooth or the previos type?😁

Also I've got the way to upload image here, behold~ 

Thanks for you all.

x5TiVNf.png

------------------------previous topic---------------------------------------

Hey guys,  I am working with a new helmet and skin for her.

http://www.poco.cn/works/detail?works_id=20542915

Edited by ZENGFRAME
updated

A lot of DE's helmets are actually not mirrored. But having mirrored textures allows for more bigger UV and therefore higher texture quality.

I myself take the middle road where i only mirrored the side parts but keep the front center unmirrored to prevent my helmets looking too symmetrical 

6 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

A lot of DE's helmets are actually not mirrored. But having mirrored textures allows for more bigger UV and therefore higher texture quality.

I myself take the middle road where i only mirrored the side parts but keep the front center unmirrored to prevent my helmets looking too symmetrical 

Thanks! Mr.Rekkou, I like your works~  I dont't know how to mirror some parts of object.  Is it possible done in C4D or Zbrush ? I havn't learn to use MAYA or 3dsmax yet.

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I really like the helmet you are working on. It's so kitty cat Valkyr but the best of the ones like that I've seen. You should do a skin with a tail, because the one she has with a tail is really meh.

Thanks! I will take your advice~ We have to wait for next round,,still have months to modify~

16 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Besides, If I redo the UV of my helmet, how to do UV reprojection in Substance Painter? maybe I have to repaint the texture again...

10 hours ago, ZENGFRAME said:

Besides, If I redo the UV of my helmet, how to do UV reprojection in Substance Painter? maybe I have to repaint the texture again...

As long as you don't change the model, the textures should adjust themselves to the new UVs. That said you will need to rebake your maps since those won't adjust

19 hours ago, ZENGFRAME said:

Thanks! Mr.Rekkou, I like your works~  I dont't know how to mirror some parts of object.  Is it possible done in C4D or Zbrush ? I havn't learn to use MAYA or 3dsmax yet.

Never use C4D, but you can do it in blender. You can get it from steam

19 hours ago, ZENGFRAME said:

You're most likely have to redo the baking and texture painting again. Mind that DE sometimes will ask you to change the design to the point that you have to start from sculpting again. So you need to be prepared redoing your entire work if you have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Ara, ara ... Oh it looks great, it's like you would have read my mind, fufufu.
I do not have much to say, except that I like the idea and as you can see, except for the prime helmet, none of the more Valkyr I like, so I support the idea.

The tail is good suggestion.
The advice they have given you in my opinion is accurate.
Well I hope it goes well in this project.
Good luck.

See you later

Edited by (PS4)kero190166135219
agregar mas texto

22 minutes ago, (PS4)kero190166135219 said:

Ara, ara ... Oh it looks great, it's like you would have read my mind, fufufu.
I do not have much to say, except that I like the idea and as you can see, except for the prime helmet, none of the more Valkyr I like, so I support the idea.

The tail is good suggestion.
The advice they have given you in my opinion is accurate.
Well I hope it goes well in this project.
Good luck.

See you later

Thanks! But I don't think a tail is a good idea in the current project since there is no way to modify the model of the body. Maybe a syandana could make the tail come true!

That's quite a promising concept.

On 2018-09-06 at 9:13 AM, ZENGFRAME said:

Also I've get a question: Is it neccessary to cut half of the texture and UV to make it symmetrical?

Depending on what software you are using, if symmetry is your goal then you should consider using some kind of a mirror modifier and build upon that, you'd save yourself half the work and the UV unwrap should be inherently symmetrical.

Though I'd like you to elaborate on the question, as I think we might be hitting a language barrier here.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎23 at 6:08 AM, JuicyButthurt said:

That's quite a promising concept.

Depending on what software you are using, if symmetry is your goal then you should consider using some kind of a mirror modifier and build upon that, you'd save yourself half the work and the UV unwrap should be inherently symmetrical.

Though I'd like you to elaborate on the question, as I think we might be hitting a language barrier here.

I've get the approach now, thank you~

Yeah I am not a native english speaker. so if you could point out my mistakes, I'll be very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...