Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

general thoughts on my volt eidolon build?

MajesticPinecone

just want some general thoughts about the build i put together on my own not sure if this will be a dry cut and paste of someone else's build.

also i forgot to mention i generally pub eidolon fights as i get extremely bored of them with a coordinated team which also factors into my sort of strange build.

5E71CD49D1A794A17DC4F733E8EEB5859D5987F4

C47E5D274F33EE14C17D8F4670DFE5D9D2917552

Edited by MajesticPinecone
thought id toss a picture up of the ability stats as well

Actually that's pretty good - interesting choice with the umbral mods, but since you've got the lots for it...

I think if there's one thing I'm questioning, it's the inclusion of transient fortitude. I think for volt, duration trumps strength, in my opinion.

since you don't have Shock Trooper on....
a lot of Strength isn't necessary. it can let you get around faster for sure though i'd want to focus on Duration, Efficiency (already covered obviously) and survivability more.
Flow is a good idea to have. gotta Cast a lot of Electric Shields sometimes, depending on how unco-operative the Eidolon wishes to be for getting Shots lined up or getting Shields ready for anyone that's hitting the Eidolons' Shields.
if nothing else, you should get a few more copies of Fleeting Expertise so you can drop it down one to save some Duration but still hit 75% Efficiency, hehe.

some people like to use Handspring or Pain Threshold, they're worth considering. i lean towards Pain Threshold, personally.

Edited by taiiat

I like to use Shock trooper as a damage buff as well, tho i do tend to spam plates and run blind rage and no efficiency mods... 

That said if you're only into shield I'd say that much strenght is unwarranted. The Shield might also be worth a slot since it does give a lot of extra damage on snipers. 

pretty much figured having more duration is useless since my shields last around 45s i put the extra strength on their just for the speed reload buff since an extra 40% reload is immensely helpful to guns i use. same goes with my lack of flow since i find im generally never low on energy.

thanks for all the input so far

4 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Why have so much strength? Maybe consider a tank focused build. This one is the one I've used and works like a charm.

Reveal hidden contents

nt8droq.jpg

my main reason for the strength is i honestly just like the utility of having the extra 38% reload since i mainly use the euphona prime that reload speed is a nice buff to it

Just now, MajesticPinecone said:

my main reason for the strength is i honestly just like the utility of having the extra 38% reload since i mainly use the euphona prime that reload speed is a nice buff to it

Not sure if you're able to communicate with the Chroma in your team, ask him to run a toxic energy colour and use his 2 ability that'll improve holster rate and reload speed, depending on the build it'll be around 63% buff on both.

If the Chroma has a decent build he'll have a 18m range on his Vex Armor & 12m Elemental Ward assuming 100% range on his build.

I normally chroma when me and a buddy or 2 do the Tridolons so we have communication about where to group up, so it works well.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Not sure if you're able to communicate with the Chroma in your team, ask him to run a toxic energy colour and use his 2 ability that'll improve holster rate and reload speed, depending on the build it'll be around 63% buff on both.

If the Chroma has a decent build he'll have a 18m range on his Vex Armor & 12m Elemental Ward assuming 100% range on his build.

I normally chroma when me and a buddy or 2 do the Tridolons so we have communication about where to group up, so it works well.

i mainly pub the eidolons for fun as i generally just get extremely bored of them running a coordinated team guess i should put that in my original post guess i forgot since it was around 2 am when i made this post