Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.7.0

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia - Conductor (Resonator Augment):
 Reactivate the ability to command Resonator to move to your aim point at 150% Speed.

Is the point of this so you can preserve a mallet that's dishing out damage and move it wherever you want?   That's interesting, but if it requires the full energy cost then it's gonna be a little less interesting. 

I'll admit it took me a while to see the usefulness of Partitioned Mallet.  Maybe this one will grow on me, too, but I could really use another Octavia to test it out.  If only I could get more BPs from re-running the quest...

Are you just throwing baits here and there?
4 new augments for 3 useless frames and 1 godess.
3 of those are very much 1/5, but if there would be negative rating, these augments would get it in no time.
And honestly, anyone who plays 0ct4v14 more than Hydron are aware that the build is tight. And you not gonna nerf your builds just to be able to move the 2 when you don't even use it.
And still, there are a bunch of problems that need a solution:
-OXIUM FARM (Either an efficent way of getting it, or cost alterations)
-Eidolon fixes
-Scaling rewards for survivals (WE NEED IT)
-Revenant not related to Eidolons gameplay wise, just Khora with lasers
-Still not caring about [DE]stroying your own playerbase (melee NERF thus reverting into gun combat or just Mesa AND multishot - you just don't touch it, YOU DON'T!)
-Archwing charges: Not only you need to grind a b00tload of the forementioned oxium, you need to use charges to be able to use archwing. Why not just tell Ordis to drop it, and send it back up when we don't need it? Pointless resource waste.
And those are just only the ones I could think of from the top of my head....

17 minutes ago, IchBinKain said:

The Hotfixes are nice but... pretty much all of the augments are useless.

Khoras whipclaw already does enough damage. You probably would've had to do at least an hour of Survivial T4 to notice the effects of the augment.

As a Gara player I would say that healing 3hp/sec doesn't make much sense. It would encourage Gara players to cast Splinter Storm on allies but, oh wait, it's a pain in the butt to do so because enemies can still be affected by it. Sure they're more vulnerable but there is still the problem that it only affect a single enemy while Mass Vitrify makes multiple enemies even more vulnerable and unable to move. Either Splinter Storm doesn't affect enemies anymore or it receives an AoE. Seriously I would cast it way more often on allies if I would be able to.

As for Wukong - Octavia exists therefore his new augment will see no use.

Speaking of Octavia - nobody will sacrafice 9 capacity and a mod slot just to be able control where their resonator is going.

Pretty much. I was hoping for a lot more out of this update, but sadly it's little more than a hotfix. The augments are nothing more than a tiny syndicate standing sink fo the 0.01% of players who want to collect all mods. The UI updates are good, though. Mostly.

I'm honestly at a loss why most of the augments in the game even exist. There's only a handful that are worth using, the vast majority are all in the same "nice to have but not worth a slot" category. Might as well just update the abilities to work that way by default, if you ask me. Or better yet, implement an augment slot similar to an exilus slot that can hold an augment at no capacity cost. That way there's actually an interesting "which one do I want" decision to be made instead of the current simple "none of these is worth using".

It better be a bug that Wukong's invisible duration is based off range...

You have got to be kidding me. What's Wukong's thing?... His 2. What do you use for it?...Duration/Efficiency/Strength. What does having those things do?... lowers range via Narrow Minded. What makes more sense, duration relying on duration, or duration relying on range?... Don't think I need to answer that.

So to recap:

• It doesn't refresh unless the allies' invisibility runs out while they're under your cloud 
  • It doesn't work on NPC's so we can't use it for rescue missions so Wukong at least had something he was good at
  • It's based off range
  • It's still useless

I don't mean to sound rude... but seriously. Wukong sucks so badly, and all you could muster was this augment? One more reason for him to suck because every one of his augments are garbage. Three of his abilities are garbage. Why is it that you guys hate certain frames? Like Wukong, Nyx, Vauban, Titania. You're your own worst enemies and it breaks my heart because it's like half the people there are devoted to making the game better and enjoyable while the other half just worry about pushing stuff out just to say you pushed stuff out and making sure people waste as much time as possible in game via any means necessary. Why? As an end game player with about 3,000+ hours in-game I'd love to have a reason to choose other frames for certain activities and not feel like I'm limiting my effectiveness by choosing said frame. So I end up using the same handful of frames over and over. And it sucks. 

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

I'd actually say playing Revenant is like playing Ember if she were limited to only walking, no sprinting or jumping.

Yeah, no wonder why he got the needless energy cost increase. Following the Ember schedule xD. At least Rave boi was useful but now it just deletes your energy pool. Not to mention that his 2 don't make you much tankier.

7 minutes ago, Azreial007AzY said:

I`m sorry but Octavia`s "new" resonator augment should already be a part of her ability and not an "augment", personally i would not waste a mod slot for this new so called augment . 

This can be said for 80% of the augments but then DE always did like their band-aids.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • The pause menu UI now automatically displays the first 3 loadout items (Warframe, Aura, etc). Aura has also been moved to always be the second line under your Warframe.

Baby steps in the right direction towards fixing the new UI.  Your new UX designer has a lot to tackle but they can get it done.

2 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

This can be said for 80% of the augments but then DE always did like their band-aids.

I'd say that percentage is a lot higher than that. There's only a handful that I can think of that are worth using. Chromatic Blade, Despoil, Firequake not anymore, Chilling Globe, Ice Wave Impedance, Icy Avalanche, Hallowed Reckoning, Phoenix Renewal, Irradiating Disarm, and that's pretty much it. Out of what, 115 augments mods we have now? That's not even one in ten.

Still don't see a fix for Arca Plasmor not being able to kill Revenant's Thralls. Haven't been able to kill neither my thralls or a friendly Revenant's thralls with Arca Plasmor, and it's max ranked with 30k radiation. It kills up to level 125 anything... And yet not controlled Thralls. (Images posted below)
Not able to kill a controlled Thrall with Arca Plasmor. (purple energy blast is going through it without any damage...)
unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

Killed a Thrall with Ballistica Prime (same mission - purple energy of the controlled crewman being turned after being killed) 
unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

4 минуты назад, SordidDreams сказал:

I'd say that percentage is a lot higher than that. There's only a handful that I can think of that are worth using. Chromatic Blade, Despoil, Firequake not anymore, Chilling Globe, Ice Wave Impedance, Icy Avalanche, Hallowed Reckoning, Phoenix Renewal, Irradiating Disarm, and that's pretty much it. Out of what, 115 augments mods we have now? That's not even one in ten.

For me it's not that bad BUT we just HAVE NO FREE SLOTS for them. Looking on that augnents I think "ish...  not worth that" or "it's crap whatever"

1 hour ago, ixidron92 said:

Octavia's augment should be a default thing, not an augment... You seriously expect people to waste a mod slot to command the resonator?

Yeah, absolutely terrible augment! It follows you fast enough anyway. yeah, sometimes it goes somewhere on it's own but it's not that bad to justify a mod slot for augment. I'm soo dissapointed...

7 minutes ago, revanatar said:

For me it's not that bad BUT we just HAVE NO FREE SLOTS for them. Looking on that augnents I think "ish...  not worth that" or "it's crap whatever"

Well I just listed augments that I see mentioned as useful in discussions. The only ones I personally use are Chromatic Blade, which is silly OP, and Despoil, which is very useful, but how often do you really play Nekros.

3 hours ago, AWPHunteR said:

OXIUM FARM (Either an efficent way of getting it, or cost alterations)

Jupiter survival, Nekros, Pilferoid or stay in sabotage missions. Because DE isn't going to be making efficient ways of farming for a resource that drops from one enemy. Cost alterations would be welcomed tho.

Scaling rewards for survivals (WE NEED IT)

Doubt that's going to happen

Revenant not related to Eidolons gameplay wise, just Khora with lasers

He enthralls enemies, saps shields/healths (although negligible) with a vomvalyst dash, and his 4's damage adapts to enemies with lasers. I say that's good enough references to sentient abilities. 

Still not caring about [DE]stroying your own playerbase (melee NERF thus reverting into gun combat or just Mesa AND multishot - you just don't touch it, YOU DON'T!)

Did you even read the info on the Melee 3.0??? And all melee weapons are getting a balanced pass like guns.

Archwing charges: Not only you need to grind a b00tload of the forementioned oxium, you need to use charges to be able to use archwing. Why not just tell Ordis to drop it, and send it back up when we don't need it? Pointless resource waste.And those are just only the ones I could think of from the top of my head....

Archwing Launcher segment requires the oxium, not the charges, farm it once and you're done. 

Archived