Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.7.0

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, dilutechlorine said:

I think his 2's drain need to be higher, too easy to sustain without issues or worry. People shouldn't be allowed to use 1 ability and think they are in no danger.

Rhino. Come back after mr20...

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now Donate MULTIPLE Resources and Decorations to your Clan Vault (Alliance remains Credits only)! An input message box will appear requesting that you enter the word ‘DONATE’ to confirm your donation.

YES! Finally.Thank you... now my minions... I mean my clan mates can easily donate my sick ideas in my dojo 😄

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The pause menu UI now automatically displays the first 3 loadout items (Warframe, Aura, etc). Aura has also been moved to always be the second line under your Warframe.

Thank you for this change!
It's so much better now to immediately see the most important info.

From the wording of the 2nd sentence it suggests that Aura would be always shown on the 2nd line regardless if a Relic is equipped.
I just came back from testing that in game and I can gladly say that it isn't the case because the Relic is shown on a 2nd line like it was before the UI change.
But
Now there appeared another problem. As it only shows first 3 lines, the Relics with longer names take up 2 lines (radiant) which pushes Aura out of sight.
It's just a minor thing but I thought that I should share this.
yrCRUnS.jpg

1 minute ago, Ssschah said:

Thank you for this change!
It's so much better now to immediately see the most important info.

From the wording of the 2nd sentence it would mean that Aura would be always shown on the 2nd line regardless if a Relic is equipped.
I just came back from testing that in game and I can gladly say that it isn't the case because the Relic is shown on a 2nd line like it was before the UI change.
But
Now there appeared another problem. As it only shows first 3 lines, the Relics with longer names take up 2 lines (radiant) which pushes Aura out of sight.
It's just a minor thing but I thought that I should share this.
yrCRUnS.jpg

Also, just me or does it look like in the 2nd picture (where it goes below) the glyph/name line is messed up, but not on the first one

1 час назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Octavia - Conductor (Resonator Augment):
  Reactivate the ability to command Resonator to move to your aim point at 150% Speed.

So you started adding some magick augments to avoid fixing dumb-AI-roller?

That won't stop me from singing.

Gib mir BUGFIX Give me BUGFIX
Es fließt durch meine Venen It runs through my veins
Es schläft in meinen Tränen It sleeps in my tears
Es läuft mir aus den Ohren It leaks from my ears
Herz und Nieren sind Motoren Heart and kidneys are motors

QIP_Shot_Screen_2018_09_03_22_00_11.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/978931-octavias-mallet-bug

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/975131-octavia-mallet-resonator/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/911983-octavia-hammer-resonator-does-no-damage-sometimes

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/977898-mesa-bugs

man that Wukong augment is complete garbage, like complete utter garbage.

This was the chance to make his most pointless ability... have a point, but nope.avi.

The gara one is nice though, Khora is ok, Octavia is... also rather pointless but whatever.

16 minutes ago, --Q--HLixir said:

Thank you for the new augment mods.

With Melee 3.0 under development, will players be seeing any changes to Riven disposition? The balance passes for Primaries, Secondaries, and beam weapons were awesome, but Riven dispositions were left untouched. Many weapons sit at an outrageous disposition (Opticor, Scoliac, Sicarus Prime, Tiberon Prime, etc.). The trading economy has gone out of control as Platinum has become exceedingly inflated. Riven Mods have strayed far, far away from their initial intention.

Interesting assessment, but I see one MAJOR flaw: No matter what the weapon of the meta is, that weapon will have an expensive riven, and any change to dispo will either create relics from before the nerf that are worth insane amounts, or hallowed husks of weapons that once were, and now are worth nothing.

The Lanka, for example, is superb at killing eidolons, and so a "godly" riven for a powerful weapon is going to be expensive. (While I will say them costing upwards of 4000 plat is not awesome as a buyer, trying to sell something with amazing stats for a good weapon should have it be worth something, especially so when that thing is achieved by rolling or unveiling it at random chance.) The Torid as an example can't even effectively hit eidolons, so while the weapon itself is decent, some content is locked to it. Its riven price is a lot lower not just because its an average dispo but because it just doesn't boast the same power or use. The Vectis, a more related comparison, is another powerful sniper. it's rivens, however, have seen a major drop in price because its no longer the most sought after sniper on the market, even if it can be one of the hardest hitting guns in the game.

With the infinitesimal variables that rivens allow for, and with how well done the re-rolling system is, you can't really put an exact figure on say Max CC/Max CD/ Max damage/ -zoom riven for a Tiberon. Its going to make that gun amazingly powerful, with no really harmful negatives.

There would be 2 ways I could see DE going about balancing in the manner you described-
Option 1: If you tweak its riven dispo, and don't change the current stats of all existing rivens to match. Downside, that one "godly" Tiberon riven is going to be even more insane in terms of price (if its even for sale), and no sane person would ever reroll the thing to change it.

Option 2: If you do change the existing stats to go with the dispo. Downside, you're screwing people over who have all these expensive things by suddenly making them worthless, or at the very least worth a lot less than these people have in them. If you buy a Tiberon riven now, it's not cheap, but the second a nerf is even hinted at coming its way, many people are going to try and offload the rivens and book it out of dodge, and the price will nosedive. After a nerf of any serious scale, a riven you paid 1,000 for might not be worth 250.

That's what happens with things like the Arca Plasmor. It was nuts, a nerf hit it, and riven prices tanked. Its still good now, and the rivens are still worth something, but not in the realm they used to be. The new shotgun, the Phantasma, is a decently powerful weapon, and with the hype behind it, the other shotgun rivens have lost a lot of value. The Tigris Prime can hit for insane numbers, but rivens for it have plummeted  because of its lower dispo AND that its no longer the most desired shotgun. Vaulting the set actually hurt the price of the riven because less people want them now.

Simply put, Its a Has V.S Has-nots debate as to how valuable the thing being had is. If any weapon has a better disposition than any other weapon, like if you lower the Tiberon to a 2 to balance it but make the soma a 5 (because as it stands now the soma isn't all that potent), suddenly the Soma will be the new powerful, expensive thing on the block, and the Tiberon rivens will be worth basically nothing in comparison to what they are now. People would buy Soma rivens for insane amounts of plat, sell tiberon rivens for basically nothing, and we'll be back where we started with expensive and powerful weapons, except that the top-gun of the scenario is different.
Game+balance.png

None of these ways really truly work, and at some point fighting broken with broken is the best you can really hope for. 
Taking turns results in a meta heavy style that a slight tap of the nerf-hammer nerf kicks you out of, and fun-sized simply isn't fun in most cases. 

Plat isn't so much inflated to worthlessness either- As it is now, its the fact these rivens are immensely powerful, and any changes to them have to be handled with extreme care so as not to alienate a chunk of the player-base that has these things or break an otherwise floating economy to accommodate for the has-nots. Look at what happened with Scoliac rivens after the "nerf" to spin-to-win builds, when they could no longer hit through walls. What was one an easy 2000+plat riven in the form of Range/SlideC/-neg, Scoliac rivens now run for under 1000 plat, and unrolled rivens that used to sell for 700 now sell for 350. If you made it have a terrible disposition, those rivens would plummet further. Sure, everyone could have one, but it wouldn't matter as much. They'd be 50-100 plat at most. Soon, there would be nobody who would need one after a while, and with the weapon weakened, the purpose it had crippled, it would fall into the same realm as the Torid- Relatively cheap rivens, and basically nobody who cares about the weapon because other weapons that are simply better exist. Sure, some people would use it, and most would rank it up for mastery, and even one or two people would cling to it because they enjoy the lawn-mower playstyle, but the nerf to its power will severely wound the weapon as a whole if it was to be nerfed. In the larger scale, nerfing things into the ground threatens the player-base as much as having disgustingly overpowered things does. 

As a final selling note, this isn't PvP oriented balance either- this is with PvE. Rivens not even being available in the Conclave, the only balance really needed in warframe, from what I've seen, is between fun and challenge, 75% fun and 25% challenge. 

In summary, I find your assessment somewhat threatening to the game's balance and economy as a whole, and am curious why having valuable, powerful weapon enhancements is a bad thing in a PvE game like Warframe.

4 minutes ago, revanatar said:

So you started adding some magick augments to avoid fixing dumb-AI-roller?

That won't stop me from singing.

Gib mir BUGFIX Give me BUGFIX
Es fließt durch meine Venen It runs through my veins
Es schläft in meinen Tränen It sleeps in my tears
Es läuft mir aus den Ohren It leaks from my ears
Herz und Nieren sind Motoren Heart and kidneys are motors

QIP_Shot_Screen_2018_09_03_22_00_11.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/978931-octavias-mallet-bug

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/975131-octavia-mallet-resonator/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/911983-octavia-hammer-resonator-does-no-damage-sometimes

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/977898-mesa-bugs

Do what you gotta do, make DE notice Octavia. I'm scared to even think what they'll do to her prime version.

5 minutes ago, Vilwin said:

Yes sometimes but if u have a Corrosive Projection it looks like ->

Trinity [30]

Corrosive

Projection

pls fix

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We’re aware and working on improved line breaking for longer text Auras like Corrosive Projection, etc.

Maybe read the whole thing before you type a reply

The Hotfixes are nice but... pretty much all of the augments are useless.

Khoras whipclaw already does enough damage. You probably would've had to do at least an hour of Survivial T4 to notice the effects of the augment.

As a Gara player I would say that healing 3hp/sec doesn't make much sense. It would encourage Gara players to cast Splinter Storm on allies but, oh wait, it's a pain in the butt to do so because enemies can still be affected by it. Sure they're more vulnerable but there is still the problem that it only affect a single enemy while Mass Vitrify makes multiple enemies even more vulnerable and unable to move. Either Splinter Storm doesn't affect enemies anymore or it receives an AoE. Seriously I would cast it way more often on allies if I would be able to.

As for Wukong - Octavia exists therefore his new augment will see no use.

Speaking of Octavia - nobody will sacrafice 9 capacity and a mod slot just to be able control where their resonator is going.

Archived