Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.7.0

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.7.0

• The pause menu UI now automatically displays the first 3 loadout items (Warframe, Aura, etc). Aura has also been moved to always be the second line under your Warframe.
    • We’re aware and working on improved line breaking for longer text Auras like Corrosive Projection, etc.

Whooo! Now we just need it to show this info on the navigation screen...

1DD81BF1003CD4F41947FFD22F669FD8D3F25A0D

Well, that's mildly annoying...

(Edit)
5 minutes later
CB68EBCA34E21127DCD7DE2EA202C79DE0B6A546
We all thank you. ♥

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • The pause menu UI now automatically displays the first 3 loadout items (Warframe, Aura, etc). Aura has also been moved to always be the second line under your Warframe.

This is a half-step in the right direction. The reason everyone wanted this information back was to be able to tell in a single, quick glance, what someone's entire kit is. The continued requirement to mouse over, what was before an unneeded input, getting in between the player and the information they're seeking, feels like a compromise between a pro-information design, and an anti-information design.

A UI's purpose is to convey information, not convey half of the information, then be stylish, then convey the other half of the information.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed wide aspect ratios having lost usable space under the new UI Inventory screen.

For 4:3 ratio monitor, This may have fixed the item boxes flying past the Name and Search bar while scrolling, while also made the text bigger and easier to see. I use 4:3 ratio CRT monitor, running at 1280x960, 87 Hz refresh rate.

3 hours ago, --Q--HLixir said:

Thank you for the new augment mods.

With Melee 3.0 under development, will players be seeing any changes to Riven disposition? The balance passes for Primaries, Secondaries, and beam weapons were awesome, but Riven dispositions were left untouched. Many weapons sit at an outrageous disposition (Opticor, Scoliac, Sicarus Prime, Tiberon Prime, etc.). The trading economy has gone out of control as Platinum has become exceedingly inflated. Riven Mods have strayed far, far away from their initial intention.

well it is not like game mechanic is responsable for players greed for platinum. most reason for high cost is number of rolls, duo kuva farm (ammount gain) per mission and specific weapon. that mean lot of time for grind and luck for god roll. and take lanka for example, only reason of it current cost is tridolon. b4 that no one would buy lanka riven. I do understand what are you asking, but do you think it would change anything? would cost for rivens you mention be changed duo that or players greed for plat?

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

I don't think DE would be willing to put in a dedicated augment slot at no cost. A dedicated aug slot is what we need, but at no cost is really asking for too much

If it costs capacity, it's just going to go unused by the vast majority of people just like it does now. Low-level players won't be able to afford the required forma investment while min-maxing veterans with forma to spare will have already milked every single point to run umbral mods. Having to obtain an exilus adapter to unlock the slot would be barrier enough for what is in the vast majority of cases an extremely minor QoL upgrade.

Il y a 2 heures, dilutechlorine a dit :

I think his 2's drain need to be higher, too easy to sustain without issues or worry. People shouldn't be allowed to use 1 ability and think they are in no danger.

Nullifiers much ? even with 175% effi, it still drains a lot, and with allies sometime blasting a whole room of enemies before they can actually damage you, you know, for rage/hunter's adrenaline purpose, you hardly get to regen your energy either...

@everyone@[DE]

Proposed wukong/ overall augments changes : all augments can use exilus slots, and an added augment slot which remove the cost (put it above arcanes)

It means you can have at any time 1 augment to "tune" your frame to a specific play style, and can easily have a 2nd one, this time costing the exilus slot and modding points.

Wukong's cloud skill is one of the most annoying skill to use... you get a weird view, weird controls, slow speed, it has a cost and then cost more or less depending how long you stay in and how far you move,

If you had a poll about the worst skills (but only taking into account players that actually used the frames/skills they are voting about, because frankly, I've seen a lot of people spewing asinine things, like the ever so uninformed remarks about Oberon, not taking into account the many synergies he has... TL;DR : "hurr durr you liar oberon can't buff armor or remove enemy armor hurr durr" remarks)  I'm pretty confident wukong's cloud would get in the top 5 if not top 3.

For this particular skill, I propose (and honestly wonder IF/WHY you didn't think of it already) to have the cloud stay the same, but right clicking (aim/parry) could move you forwards at a much greater speed (think, "activating a back thruster" style, you still can turn around the view while doing this, to navigate at higher speed while being invisible...) doing so would cost you some time or energy on the skill, and left clicking/meleeing would get you out of the cloud but at the same time start a (potentially finisher if unalerted) attack on a single enemy, without stunning the other enemies around. Basically, "I'm gonna ninja my way in turbo cloud right between these 2 guards, snap one's neck, without the other being stunned-then-alerted, then i'll deal with the other -still unalerted- guard" .

Or, you could also just turn wukong invisible, and grant him a huge bullet/jump bonus (it's a MONKEY KING remember, should be, you know, somewhat if not fast, actually AGILE, right ?)... and/or make the other augment (the one allowing pole jumping) into the normal skill, minus the damage part, like "if I aim down, I push-jump myself up in the cloud, on a slow hovering cloud, and attacking makes me slam down whatever is under, and If I have the augment, then my damages are dramatically increased". ( *low blow* it would still make more sense than Excalibur turning invisible while jumping */low blow* )

You have to compare what's comparable, here, the augment has a serious problem that anyone can spot just from the description. It's basically ASH's smoke cloud, but ash's  is still better, because ASH can actually teleport on an ally and *BAMF* them, which still fails sometime on faster frames because of animation delays...

Now imagine having Wukong, not so fast a frame, using a skill that actually slows him down, trying to catch up to allies... The concept of the augment is good, in itself, but the fact that the skill is bad to begin with makes it nearly useless. Make the other changes and you won't have to modify this augment, and Wukong will be overall better.

I also propose that his passive be reworked (seriously, it's like 2 seconds more melee combo, doesn't even seem to multiply the mod's bonus from body count, drifting contact etc) 

Have wukong be able to "double-bullet-jump" like, Jump/fall of a ledge, bullet jump, bullet jump, then land. Consider the fact the base character used to make clones of himself from a hair or whatever, and have a *poof* clone appear and give him something on what to push to jump again, like feet against feet, the clone dissipating *poof* right after the jump... equal mass, wukong goes where he wants to. gains back this passive ability after landing/wall latching, as with bullet jumps.

that and the faster movement, be it from invisibility boosted bullet-jump power or turbocloud, would make it possible for the frame to be FAST, but at the cost of skill and energy, meaning doing that and having Defy active would not only prevent energy regeneration, but also increase the drain naturally.

My 2 cents...

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a soft lock when manually skipping the ‘Riven Capacity Reached’ message.

so i guess that means i don't have to esc like a maniac anymore to prevent getting stucked in the mod-station?

why don't you just remove this silly nag-screen altogether or just let it pop up once after the login? you think we are so stupid to NOT remembering when we have over 90 riven in the inventory and also can't read the extra warning when we try to play sorties then? or do you really belive we will sell/trash rivens we don't want to lose just because you keep nagging us every time we come back from a mission? i certainly won't, no matter how often you show me the silly popup about it - you should better think of a real solution how we can have at least as much rivens as there weapon (families) in your game...

7 hours ago, --Q--HLixir said:

Thank you for the new augment mods.

With Melee 3.0 under development, will players be seeing any changes to Riven disposition? The balance passes for Primaries, Secondaries, and beam weapons were awesome, but Riven dispositions were left untouched. Many weapons sit at an outrageous disposition (Opticor, Scoliac, Sicarus Prime, Tiberon Prime, etc.). The trading economy has gone out of control as Platinum has become exceedingly inflated. Riven Mods have strayed far, far away from their initial intention.

Kind of feel like they would of changed it, because of the Tiberon Primes release, but they haven't so who knows.

You know I had the Grineer Commanders for my daily synthesis target and I scanned them for the condition to complete the Pyrus Project event...

Am I the only one that was able to scane them?  They seemed to work perfectly fine for me.  Granted I had to scan them on a Mobile Defense instead of a quick and lazy Exterminate/Capture misison.

But w.e DE made it easier I guess lol.  Thanks DE.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added a new timer animation to the Mission Voting UI. 

The entire session UI was rewritten.  Please say so.

Also, Please stop this.  Resist the minimalist aesthetic.  I for one like big buttons to click on and am literate. 

This play button does not communicate what you are doing when you press it, which is forcing the mission to start for everyone in the cell.

unknown.png

I know it looks so much better when you put cute console buttons in those spaces but.... please leave us our words.

9 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Khora's  : ok, boosting an already powerful 1st ability, utility over dmg would have been better but i can live with that.

Gara's : now tell me why in hell an ability that grants already 90% dmg reduction needs a redundant healing augment when most players will be just fine up until sortie 3 ( which is pretty much as high and hard as the majority of players will ever fight ) with a sentinel mediray alone...and those who won't drop a sentinel because of vacum in favor of a kavat/kubrow , won't either drop it to waste a mod slot for 3 health per second regen...Unless it's a niche fight ( aka tridolon with an adarza kavat )

Wukong  : no comment

Octavia : epic facepalm even lamer than Wukong's one.

okay, this is epic

Archived