The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get 75% off

Cangxiaoyun233

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

if netflix can detect my vpn and block me trom accessing their american content, then DE can probably too.

and I don't think they will react too kindly if someone tries to "cheat" their system

It was obviously a joke, but I've seen threads about people using VPN for other reasons and they're fine.

The game is generous to me with discounts as it is, so if this theory is correct I guess I'm from the 3rd world 🤔

I've been playing since closed beta and have seen 2 75% login discounts. You maybe waiting years for one to come, or it could be tomorrow.

The whole not logging in for a month and increases the chances is likely a myth. In the past 5 years I have tried that enought times, to the point of creating an alt specifically to see if there was any merti to that, and  after a  year or 2 of logging in periodically to that account, have never seen a 75% coupon.

Plus it doesn't really make sense it, what would be the mechanic that would prompt them to impliment a system that does that, what's the conversion rate between a player that hasn't played recentl to more regular player getting a 75% coupon? Why would the player that puts WF down for a month be more likely to be enticed to spend compared to a regular player. There would have to be clear demonstrable metrics that show you increase spending rate in that circumstance over the other.

16 hours ago, midtarget said:

Not be able to afford it.

I consistently get 75% offs, and I just stare at them as they tick down and I can't use them. I watch, in between missions, as the number roll down, second by second, and remice all the things I could do with plat, trading simple produces small amounts of 20 plat, imagine what I could do with 3000. The thought shivers down my spine, though tempered by years of being poor, I watch sadly, as the hour switches, one hour, lost, only to repeat 23 more times before disappearing once more into the void. Each time I return from a mission, that small icon is still sitting there, white starkly contrasting the dark space, clean lines, unlike my life. I shake my head, I've already spent too much time looking at it, I load up another mission, and I once again begin the grind for plat without needing money, a few more missions, and I've only made 40p. Logging off, I head over to my bed and seek for the embrace of sleep, hopeful that I will be able to work more, lest I see the flashing icon taunting me one more time before it expires, though I know it is futile, I need to play, I need to make plat to buy my things, this is the last chance for me to enjoy the game, before the constant system requirements finally beat my computer, one that has held on with me for years. Will I buy another computer then? I doubt it, not something I am willing to do, too much investment. What will happen when I stop playing Warframe? Will I disappear onto the shell I once was? What will I lose? Warframe has been there for me since the beginning, it has taught me a new life, and I shudder to think what will happen when it is gone.

What are you on about? If being poor tenno upset you that much, you would be making platinum by trading like most do.. If you don't have money, you got time.

16 hours ago, midtarget said:

Not be able to afford it.

I consistently get 75% offs, and I just stare at them as they tick down and I can't use them. I watch, in between missions, as the number roll down, second by second, and remice all the things I could do with plat, trading simple produces small amounts of 20 plat, imagine what I could do with 3000. The thought shivers down my spine, though tempered by years of being poor, I watch sadly, as the hour switches, one hour, lost, only to repeat 23 more times before disappearing once more into the void. Each time I return from a mission, that small icon is still sitting there, white starkly contrasting the dark space, clean lines, unlike my life. I shake my head, I've already spent too much time looking at it, I load up another mission, and I once again begin the grind for plat without needing money, a few more missions, and I've only made 40p. Logging off, I head over to my bed and seek for the embrace of sleep, hopeful that I will be able to work more, lest I see the flashing icon taunting me one more time before it expires, though I know it is futile, I need to play, I need to make plat to buy my things, this is the last chance for me to enjoy the game, before the constant system requirements finally beat my computer, one that has held on with me for years. Will I buy another computer then? I doubt it, not something I am willing to do, too much investment. What will happen when I stop playing Warframe? Will I disappear onto the shell I once was? What will I lose? Warframe has been there for me since the beginning, it has taught me a new life, and I shudder to think what will happen when it is gone.

What are you on about? If being poor tenno upset you that much, you would be making platinum by trading like most do.. If you don't have money, you got time.

imo its not random at all

ever since the system was implemented, it followed the same pettern for me

if i play constantly, like...actually doing a mission, sortie or w/e, i RARELY get the 75% off, maybe once every 5 weeks

but if i DONT play anything, i just log in for the daily count, then i get it A LOT, like once / week

this has been happening CONSTANTLY

right now im in a period when i only log in for the daily count for like 2 months, and past 6 days i got it twice

IMO its a way to get players back, it makes u buy some plats and maybe gives u some hype to actually play

22 hours ago, Vulture051 said:

I used to get them but it's become a vicious cycle for me. I don't buy plat because I don't get the good discounts and I don't get the good discounts because I don't buy plat.

I WANT to give you money DE, just gimme muh 75%

If you need a discount to give them your money then you're not really interested in giving them your money, are you? What you're saying is that you don't think the normal prices are worth it and are only willing to spend when they're 75% off.

And that's fine but saying you will only buy plat when it's 75% off and that you also *want* to give them your money is very disingenuous.

Edited by f3llyn

4 hours ago, f3llyn said:

If you need a discount to give them your money then you're not really interested in giving them your money, are you? What you're saying is that you don't think the normal prices are worth it and are only willing to spend when they're 75% off.

And that's fine but saying you will only buy plat when it's 75% off and that you also *want* to give them your money is very disingenuous.

This... is not good logic.

I only buy the 75% discounts and DE has gotten a lot more money from me by repeatedly offering me the discount I desire than if they didn't offer me anything. Not sure how you leap to the conclusion that the money me and others pay DE somehow means we don't want to pay DE? The discount code is just what a player like me and DE manage to negotiate is the worth of plat.

Just like some other person in this thread thinks 50% off is good enough so DE obviously isn't forcing them to take a better discount if 50 is their sweet spot.

Different marketing to different people is pretty normal business practice. Gaming companies can be pretty shady about stuff like this because their premium currency is essentially worthless.

Цитата

If you need a discount to give them your money then you're not really interested in giving them your money, are you

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

Цитата

What you're saying is that you don't think the normal prices are worth it and are only willing to spend when they're 75% off.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

Edited by -Temp0-

On 2018-09-08 at 1:58 AM, wargthewarg said:

This... is not good logic.

I only buy the 75% discounts and DE has gotten a lot more money from me by repeatedly offering me the discount I desire than if they didn't offer me anything. Not sure how you leap to the conclusion that the money me and others pay DE somehow means we don't want to pay DE? The discount code is just what a player like me and DE manage to negotiate is the worth of plat.

Just like some other person in this thread thinks 50% off is good enough so DE obviously isn't forcing them to take a better discount if 50 is their sweet spot.

Different marketing to different people is pretty normal business practice. Gaming companies can be pretty shady about stuff like this because their premium currency is essentially worthless.

If ever there was a post that shows off the entitlement of players in this game (or any game, really) then this is it.

Edited by f3llyn

• 2 years later...
On 2018-09-06 at 6:26 PM, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its rumored that if you take a break from the game for about a month-ish time, the chances increase, but I've never been very sure of the validity of that.

It happened to me on switch which I've only been playing for a week and I got the 75 percent off which I didn't have enough platinum to buy myself something

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Ritehwulf said:

It happened to me on switch which I've only been playing for a week and I got the 75 percent off which I didn't have enough platinum to buy myself something

oh look, its nekros alt account.

the PC discount is diffrent since if you get 75% off, you can buy platinum for a discounted price, so insted of 200$ it cost 50$ for 4000+ platinum.

only pointing it out since the person that asked it was on PC, not console.

Edited by BloodKitten
  • Like 2