Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Elevate OP

nellone

It's simple, every mod, skill, or ability that brings an healing effect, is brtally obscured and surpassed by the healing power of Magus Elevate....
Spamming 5 is the new undying technique, it's a mandatory arcane and it's simply stupid. 
-s*itstorm ignited-

Edited by nellone

Just now, nellone said:

It's simple, every mod, skill, or ability that brings an healing effect, is brtally obscured and surpassed by the healing power of Magus Elevate....
Spamming 5 is the new undying technique, it's a mandatory arcane and it's simply stupid. 
*S#&$storm ignited*

If you started taking enough damage to your health pool that it makes you worry, you're probably going to be dead in a couple seconds anyway, unless you have a dedicated healer frame in your squad. Oh, and I'd love to see you heal enough to compensate the incoming damage at around or past 60 minute mark on Mot (Void) - something a Rage+Life Strike Inaros can do, for example. 

Also, ever heard of health pizzas?

12 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

If you started taking enough damage to your health pool that it makes you worry, you're probably going to be dead in a couple seconds anyway, unless you have a dedicated healer frame in your squad. Oh, and I'd love to see you heal enough to compensate the incoming damage at around or past 60 minute mark on Mot (Void) - something a Rage+Life Strike Inaros can do, for example. 

Since i use that arcane, i am and undying machine, the build is high armor, high life pool and the Rage mod.
That build gives you tankiness, tons of free energy for skills, and with magus elevate you have also a free limitless and fast source of healing (while you are invincibile obviously).
Example: Why bothering with augment healing mods? there are so many of them, Saryn, Hydroid, also Gara now have a new one... but they are completely useless if you have the Magus arcane.

I love that parts. We have this method for a year now and now it's new? Don't make me laugh.

And it's by far mandatory

It's not new, if no one talks about it, doesn't mean that is a good mechanic.

Edited by nellone

9 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Exactly as he said, I've a key attributed to health pizzas and can drop around 10 of them in less than a second, transforming any frame in a kind of localized super-Trinity... and as he said again, when you're one shot on MOT around the 60 minute mark or in a Sortie, it makes no difference at all, surviving rather rely on your ability do dodge bullets and deal vast amount of damage.

2 minutes ago, kebra said:

Exactly as he said, I've a key attributed to health pizzas and can drop around 10 of them in less than a second, transforming any frame in a kind of localized super-Trinity... and as he said again, when you're one shot on MOT around the 60 minute mark or in a Sortie, it makes no difference at all, surviving rather rely on your ability do dodge bullets and deal vast amount of damage.

What's the meaning of this? With the excuse of pizzas we can also use a skill that gives you immortality forever and free? We can trow away any sort of balance out of the window and we can ask for atomic bombs weapons!!!! YEAHHH!

4 minutes ago, nellone said:

Example: Why bothering with augment healing mods? there are so many of them, Saryn, Hydroid, also Gara now have a new one... but they are completely useless if you have the Magus arcane.

They are equally useless in easy content if you have Health Pizzas, a Life Strike/Healing Return melee and/or a MediRay sentinel. 

Again, if you're losing health at a life-threatening rate, you're most likely in over your head due to one of the following:

1) You're in a solo endurance run and you've hit your "ceiling", meaning you can no longer sustain yourself. 

2) You're not killing fast enough

3) You don't have enough CC

4) You don't have a Trinity (or any other healer frame) in your Endurance/Sortie/Tridolon squad.

In any case, no amount of 5-spamming will help you in a meaningful way. It's a mediocre arcane at best, and any operator worth their salt sticks to good old Husk/Vigor combo. 

3 hours ago, nellone said:

What's the meaning of this? With the excuse of pizzas we can also use a skill that gives you immortality forever and free? We can trow away any sort of balance out of the window and we can ask for atomic bombs weapons!!!! YEAHHH!

what balance? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  this is warframe (i think we are getting closer to atomic weapons, who knows). Also, as others have pointed out, healing is pointless in high level content, when you get shot, you die, magus elevate is cool for 1 or 2 hour content, past from that point it doesn't change anything. The only real benefit is saving resources from pizzas and allowing you to free mod slots.

1 hour ago, kebra said:

So, I'll repeat myself... "when you're one shot on MOT around the 60 minute mark or in a Sortie, it makes no difference at all"

No need to repeat bulls*it, If you get oneshotted in this game, this means you have a bad build.....
even 200+ lvl enemies do not oneshot you.

14 minutes ago, nellone said:

No need to repeat bulls*it, If you get oneshotted in this game, this means you have a bad build.....

Jump into an Axi Fissure and go say hi to the Corrupted Crewman ^^ At level 30-40, the Strun variant that the Corrupted Crewman uses can dish out enough damage to kill any single warframe that's not using a damage mitigation ability.

Then again, that particular enemy is kind of broken.

Also it's not 'one-shot' but it is DoT so intense it can down you in a second due to the way particle damage is calculated, which is the Scorch and Napalm fire...

That said, there are plenty of frames that aren't tanky enough to survive the a clean Sniper shot at around level 60, that's why we have abilities; to stop them from shooting us. And why we have mobility functions that reduce damage, reduce accuracy and so on. Many frame builds actually ignore high effective EHP, slapping on only a Vitality to prevent the odd slash proc from out-right killing them before they have time to jump to Operator mode to mitigate that, and go for actually making the Abilities better.

What you mean is: 'If you get one-shotted in this game you aren't paying attention.'

2 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Jump into an Axi Fissure and go say hi to the Corrupted Crewman ^^ At level 30-40, the Strun variant that the Corrupted Crewman uses can dish out enough damage to kill any single warframe that's not using a damage mitigation ability.

Then again, that particular enemy is kind of broken.

Also it's not 'one-shot' but it is DoT so intense it can down you in a second due to the way particle damage is calculated, which is the Scorch and Napalm fire...

That said, there are plenty of frames that aren't tanky enough to survive the a clean Sniper shot at around level 60, that's why we have abilities; to stop them from shooting us. And why we have mobility functions that reduce damage, reduce accuracy and so on. Many frame builds actually ignore high effective EHP, slapping on only a Vitality to prevent the odd slash proc from out-right killing them before they have time to jump to Operator mode to mitigate that, and go for actually making the Abilities better.

What you mean is: 'If you get one-shotted in this game you aren't paying attention.'

You can sweeten the pill, but there are a lot of ways to not get oneshotted, you can get some damage and recover instantly and costless with magus elevate.
This is my opinion, apparently it's not the same of yours.... no problem, i will survive ^_^'

3 minutes ago, nellone said:

You can sweeten the pill, but there are a lot of ways to not get oneshotted, you can get some damage and recover instantly and costless with magus elevate.

Yeah, you can, you're not wrong on that, for the specific sentence at face value.

And the fact that there are lots of ways not to get one-shotted is clear. The point I was making is that you don't need to go to level 200 plus to actually get one-shot, it happens quite a lot to people with good builds using tanky frames, or using frames with actual damage mitigation.

That's why 2017 was full of threads asking for Shield Gating, which would literally prevent one-shots by separating Shields from Health, and making sure that for an enemy to deal damage to your health it actually had to break your shields first, and then deal a new iteration of damage. That debate went around a lot and came out the other end with DE saying 'on testing, it either made us god-mode invulnerable, or was completely useless because of how many damage sources there can be in a horde-shooter' and they went back to the drawing board.

But something to consider is this: Magus Elevate, while incredibly easy to use, is not so essential as you want to believe.

The game is also full of ways to heal up, either by playing a specific frame with self-heals like Khora, Atlas, Nekros, Oberon, Nidus, Inaros, Harrow, Revenant, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr or even Nezha has self healing, or going for melee burst healing with Life Strike, maybe you want something a little more reliable but slower by using a Healing return, or a Hirudo. Then there's Plates, gear items that cost far, far less investment than a Magus Arcane, and can be placed to give burst healing to a whole squad.

And that's just the ones off the top of my head. There's skill-based self-healing with the Hema, or there's even more melee healing with the Sancti Magistar (watch out for Melee 3.0, that one may get to be interesting), and failing all else there's the other Arcane that you can put on; Arcane Grace.

Elevate is not essential, it's not even something I've bothered to pick up. I spend my entire games playing so that I don't get damaged in the first place, using Abilities, Mobility, Mechanics and basic game sense to actually never get into that situation. It serves me far better than trying to find some ideal Healing mechanism.

If all else fails, the literal best healing mechanism the game has is to get shot, then get revived by a team member, it's free, it completely refills health and shields, and you don't lose any ammo, and even your Duration Abilities stay going so that you don't lose anything for getting that healing. (I'm a player from so far back we used to pay Platinum for more than four Revives per frame per day... team reviving is a skill that people have basically forgotten these days ^^)

Honestly my friend, it doesn't matter what you use to heal you, if you don't get shot, you don't need it, and if you get shot, you still don't need it.

Things like Magus Elevate are pure Convenience, and that's all they are.

I dont think that this arcane itself is OP, but operator itself, ultimate escape button with no energy cost\cooldown etc. So if you need any changes - dont need to nerf this exact arcane making it less consistent or heal less, that gona just increase spam rate. Limit operator usage on certain missions.

Edited by miomima

12 minutes ago, miomima said:

I dont think that this arcane itself is OP, but operator itself, ultimate escape button with no energy cost\cooldown etc. So if you need any changes - dont need to nerf this exact arcane making it less consistent or heal less, that gona just increase spam rate. Limit operator usage on certain missions.

I totally agree.
The super difficult boss fight, the epic huge hydrolist, it's simply a matter of time... and it will die 😛

Edited by nellone

6 hours ago, nellone said:

-s*itstorm ignited-

Never even built Magus Elevate, still go in 2 hour + survivals and come out without using a single revive. Not mandatory, just "git gud".

52 minutes ago, nellone said:

I totally agree.
The super difficult boss fight, the epic huge hydrolist, it's simply a matter of time... and it will die 😛

So is magus elevate op? 

From a traders perspective it is as there are idiots.,.err eager customers with plat who buy these at lol 300 platinum a set lol

Cue fox from zootopia why yes step into my dojo and for the low low price of barely 300 platinum you too can join the fools.,.,.errr happy customers that use magus elevate.

Wts magus elevate r3 300 plat so yes its op to unwise fools,. . Er cjstomers

Oh i also sell rivens so i love it when fools want meta weapon rivens lol