Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kebra

PoE can we get rid of the cut scene when fishing?

... or at least an option to do so? Just show us the first of each kind of fish then let us go back directly to fishing.

It's amusing for the 2 or 3 first time that you fish, but when you have to spend hours fishing, at one point seing your frame show its prey for the hundredth time it's not only boring but irritating... or is that a way to minimise the time we spend fishing and reduce our efficacy?

you can skip it with...space I guess (like Landing Craft Scenes)? Sorry has been a few months since the last time I did fish

4 hours ago, Zyneris said:

Edit to Gnarls: You can repeatedly hit esc as well scene wont last more than a few seconds.

If you use esc you may end up in the esc menu which then takes away your skipped time. that's why I only said space 😉

You know, this makes me think of FF14 where you have the option to turn off cut scenes for those you have already gone through once. It's like an auto skip but ONLY for those you've watched once. It's quite nice, I think it would be a great addition.

Edit to Gnarls: You can repeatedly hit esc as well scene wont last more than a few seconds.

9 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

you have the option to turn off cut scenes for those you have already gone through once

Exactly what I think should be implemented, particularly when, unlike the landing craft, only the player sees it and not the whole team.

I know you can skip it, I talk about really removing it, so that you don't have to hit escape and go back to fishing, that's useless and only serves to make you lose time. They talk a lot about comfort changes in the game but leave some things that are really pointless. 

I hope they do something like that before Fortuna comes out or I'll definitely won't hunt or fish if I've to watch the creature I've caught gesticulate for 4 seconds and/or hit escape, again, each time... ^^

Yeah being able to auto skip them would be cool and it could be a parameter so evryone could set it as they want.

No. I want to see what beast I catched on how much it weights.
It's not like we have that many fishes anyway. They all spawn for a bit and then there's that kind of break for a while.

Unfortunately no, there's no way of Cancelling the Cutscenes of what you just fished. But Continuously/Repeatedly Pressing Esc will take you out from cutscene and save you 3-4 Seconds.

I'll Note some advantages of this Cutscenes:

• You can see what you have Fished.
  • Including its Details
  • And how big the fish is (e.g. a Goopolla with 23.9Kg.. thus means a (L) sized Fish)

6 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

So, as you want to see it you don't want others to have the option to not see it... remind me to never give you any legislative power. 😕

4 minutes ago, Starner said:

And how big the fish is

I know what I fish and don't care that much about details about its weight. Option is the key word here gentlemen...

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

It's not like we have that many fishes anyway. They all spawn for a bit and then there's that kind of break for a while.

And why not both? DE could make it a toggle in options and let people choose if they want to see it or not, something like "Skip cinematics after first time".

Oh just drop it. I was joking.
I'm surprised nobody came here to say "don't waste DE's  time" actually

3 hours ago, Asdryu said:

Oh just drop it. I was joking.
I'm surprised nobody came here to say "don't waste DE's  time" actually

Sorry... I didn't get your sarcasm.