Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index pet peeve

kevekev302

The last 3 indexs ive run in a row were pug. Why is there always that one guy who will keep holding 10+ points and running around well after we have gotten to 90 points..i just dont understand why are you wasting everyone's time? Lets mf go already!! Dont be that guy. I know this is a small annoyance but damn it is annoying...and i dont need condescending comments just ranting thanks

Holding more points gives you a larger bonus:

492f541e31b23d4e62deffde4cd30c17.png

I am going to assume the guy was calculating his return. I would just ask politely to turn in points. In the future, I would try clan mates, friends, or recruit chat if you don't want to deal with public matchmaking.

Edited by Voltage

8 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

They do which is why a number of people keep a hold of them to save time next round.

The question was somewhat facetious.  Most players want to run at least 2 rounds, so they stick to the 15 point rule, hard. 

2 minutes ago, kevekev302 said:

Didnt know that either learn something new every day i love this mf game

Internet Pet Peeve

The last 3 threads ive run in a row were random. Why is there always that one guy who will post complaints about things like they have nothing left to learn, then come to find out they've shown their ass..i just dont understand why are you wasting everyone's time? Lets mf chill out and research!! Dont be that guy. I know this is a small annoyance but damn it is annoying...and i dont need condescending comments just ranting thanks

amidointhisright?

22 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Internet Pet Peeve

The last 3 threads ive run in a row were random. Why is there always that one guy who will post complaints about things like they have nothing left to learn, then come to find out they've shown their ass..i just dont understand why are you wasting everyone's time? Lets mf chill out and research!! Dont be that guy. I know this is a small annoyance but damn it is annoying...and i dont need condescending comments just ranting thanks

amidointhisright?

Did you not hear no condescending remarks? Oh no heaven forbid somebody made a minor misjudged rant let me be an A****** about it....and i never go more then 1 round since i dont have a regular goup, hence not knowing about the carry over

1 hour ago, Noibat said:

Do points not carry over into the next round? 

They do not carry in the sense of if you overshoot your goal. For example if you go from 98 points to 120 points from one point hoarder turning in, then you will require 220 total points to get your next reward.

2 hours ago, kevekev302 said:

Did you not hear no condescending remarks? Oh no heaven forbid somebody made a minor misjudged rant let me be an A****** about it....and i never go more then 1 round since i dont have a regular goup, hence not knowing about the carry over

I literally just copied your post and changed a couple words to alter the subject. Just playing a little devil's advocate here, thats all. If theres anything condescending about it, its because you said it first.

Also, you shouldnt make the post if you arent willing to take the criticism with it.

3 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

@Faulcun at least he is humble and it can be annoying if you aren't planning on going for 2+ rounds.  also It is a pain when they die or when the clock starts to run low

Just because he isnt going for a second round, doesnt mean his teammates arent either.... especially in a public game. There were a lot of assumptions on his end that he is doing everything right, and those other people should be playing the way hes playing, enforced by this subsequent ranting post in the forums about it.

Humble is not the word I would use.

But since hes made it public, Im free to poke a little fun back in his direction. The only thing thats different is ive changed him to be the subject of his own rant.

I mean, I was amused lol

4 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Internet Pet Peeve

amidointhisright?

This is how they're researching. Educate kindly: It's a good community.

4 hours ago, Emperrier said:

They do not carry in the sense of if you overshoot your goal. For example if you go from 98 points to 120 points from one point hoarder turning in, then you will require 220 total points to get your next reward.

Interesting.  Then the people who think they carry over and apply to the next round aren't paying attention to the next round totals.  Lesson to learn for those that thought they already knew lol. People smacking OP get smacked themselves.

I usually dont bother with more than 1 round, so I have no idea

5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

amidointhisright?

No, not at all. 

TC had an uninformed rant. Big deal. 

If you can’t ask stupid questions on a forum, then what good is it?

TC genuinely did not know. There are many avenues for research, forums are one of them, in fact, google research often leads to forums.  

I am sure TC felt like a tool when he was told what was going on. But they now know, no foul. 

Lets keep the negativity out of this community shall we?

1 hour ago, ApeSlayer said:

This is how they're researching.

Ah! The ol' "i know how to do this better than most everybody else and theres nothing you can teach me so i cant possibly be mistaken you should play like i do let me rage on the forums" method....

A bit unorthodox, rather inefficient, and quite embarrassing if you ask me. But if it produces results, who am I to judge.

1 hour ago, ApeSlayer said:

Educate kindly: It's a good community.

So if his complaint was accurate, his ranting post would have been acceptable?

When you show your ass, you risk somebody smacking it.

But its all in good fun. I bet he'll think about it next time though.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

No, not at all. 

TC had an uninformed rant. Big deal. 

If you can’t ask stupid questions on a forum, then what good is it?

TC genuinely did not know. There are many avenues for research, forums are one of them, in fact, google research often leads to forums.  

I am sure TC felt like a tool when he was told what was going on. But they now know, no foul. 

Lets keep the negativity out of this community shall we?

There is no stupid question. If he had made a post asking about index tactics and strategies, or asking about the purpose of hording points at the end of the round.... that would be more than appropriate along with the following replies full of information.

OP did not ask a question. OP asserted his opinion as correct while talking down upon other players without considering that other people might stay for more than one round. OP asserted his position that his playing experience was suffering because of other players ultimately doing something different for a different purpose of which OP had no knowledge about.

This was not a research thread.

OP made a mistake, yes. Mistakes are ok as long as we learn from them.

The negativity started with the creation of this thread in the manor and language used. I simply rewound the tape, and let OP listen to it with himself as the subject, and obviously didnt like it.

So yeah, I agree, lets try to keep the negativity out of this community, shall we?

Rants are good. I like rants, in any way, shape or form. And I genuinely learned something while listening to this guy's opinion, along with the rest of the thread. 

11 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

So yeah, I agree, lets try to keep the negativity out of this community, shall we?

Meanwhile, you've contributed so very little beyond mocking the other posters

I can understand hoarding for the next round, even though only one Index match I've run today has gone beyond the first round.  (And the one that did would have made me think we were a coordinated premade if I didn't know better.) 

But what I can't understand are all these Rhino Primes going "look at me, I'm carrying 35 points!" and going out of there way to steal points from everyone else's kills.  Yes, I Fatal Teleported the guy.  No, you don't need to bullet jump roll from across the map to steal my 1 point while I'm mid-execute.  PUBs are PUBs but, please don't be that guy hoovering every single point and never turning in.

37 minutes ago, WhenThereIsAWill said:

Rants are good. I like rants, in any way, shape or form. And I genuinely learned something while listening to this guy's opinion, along with the rest of the thread. 

Meanwhile, you've contributed so very little beyond mocking the other posters

I simply disagree. I took OP's exact words, and changed the subject to himself. Im sure he now realizes the context of his post probably should have been different, and less negative towards other players.

You are free to like whatever you want, as is the beauty of free will. Applying your claims though, you should therefore like my reverse rant of his rant even though they were both his rant lol. You saying you dont like rants about other people's rants? I feel like this may turn into another rant about the hypocrisy of your statement.....

6 hours ago, Emperrier said:

That explains why I've seen second rounds needing something like 158 or so instead of a flat 150 at medium risk.

That would also mean the OP is right in being annoyed by these point holders since it serves no real purpose.

I just started doing them solo because of people like OP pointed out can't math worth a snot so it always takes longer then needed.  Doing it solo only takes a bit longer and you can save your sanity and lower your blood pressure at the same time.

Edited by Johnny5five

5 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Pretty sure they understand now

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.

Are you so literal that if I were to ask you, "Do you really expect me to believe that OP came here a curious kitten trying to simply educate himself, and not to badmouth another player because OP has no consideration for other players outside his expectation of how the game should be played?", you would actually think im expecting an answer?

See what i did there? A rhetorical question... inside a rhetorical question!

RHETORICEPTION!!!