Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

As a Nezha main, I first flipped a few tables when I read the initial change to Warding Halo....then I actually read it.  Now I love you.  

That said, the Firewalker change will be nice, especially the animation change.  Chakram change is excellent.  With both of these I anticipate a change to the Augments maybe?  

Halo's change opens up so many avenues of modding, ultimately a significant buff to Nezha and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Spears....eh, ok, no big changes.  Chakram thing seems interesting.  

Still would like to see a way to "heal" Warding Halo, possibly could be worked into the Augment for Chakram now that the charge shot makes it almost redundant.  Overall though, "I'm very excited now. The anticipation!"

i go with nezha to the index, with this rework, my nezha will be taking dust and i will have to chance to rhino i think, and that is bad, i dont think that making it 90% reduction is the right thing, the damage absorbed is so poor in nezha so there is no sense doing that, is a ugly nerft that will do that nezhas who go to the index will stop doing that

I dnt mind the changes to 1 and 2.

Whats the point of charging his 2 though? I love the current instant cast of it i just wish the current one was more destructive.

Warding Halo though is very concerning as its 1 ability that i've built around the augment for teamplay. Its also a very expensive energy cost for the ability and shield effects. With the 'safegaurd' Augment theres already a significant decrease in its shielding ability and nipping another 10% off that is very very worrying for that.

I feel like the 'safegaurd' augment will become close to worthless with the change. As 75+ energy for each party member + pet/sentinel (for max power strength to offset the augments natural reduction). Its already a really tough job to keep everyone with a halo shields. Now its down to 40% durability rather than 50%.

Having some way to cancel Warding Halo to recast it later would be nice.  Maybe hold to decast, but you don't gain invulnerability?  It's the reason that Rhino players use Iron Shrapnel and Nezha lacking something similar feels kinda bad going from one to the other.

5 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Whats the point of charging his 2 though? I love the current instant cast of it i just wish the current one was more destructive.

The 2 charge is a mechanical change not a damage one. A charged shot pierces enemies instead of bouncing so its for if you want to sweep a hallway or a group of enemies.

For the love of god please give back the old nezha's warding halo effect? believe it was removed because it "it caused someone to become nauseous" so it was removed and replaced with 2 very dull versions: one that only spun in one direction with the energy effects faded out and the other that just a static hoop around his waist with the energy effects even more faded out

Here's what it looks like in his original profile video

Proposed changes seem quite good and the new synergies promising, please don't change anything more it looks perfect!

Also I personally apreciate how the rationale of the changes has been explained.

Will dust the flaming speedster out of its oubliette for at least a test run after changes hit.

Good job DEPablo, please don't fall back in the Saryn's loop!

Im a huge fan of these changes! I have been hoping for other ways than Nekros to take advantage of Health Conversion so this is a very welcome change. Im also a big fan of 90% damage reduction as opposed to invulnerability because of arcanes, rage etc.

Very pleased with this - Will definitely buy the new skin which looks fantastic!

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

The 2 charge is a mechanical change not a damage one. A charged shot pierces enemies instead of bouncing so its for if you want to sweep a hallway or a group of enemies. 

The problem is with my experience. Halo has never been strong enough, even with the augment to actually tear through enemies in a hall way. Maybe the lower cast time and move while casting will help things. But i always hated standing still to cast it as the incoming damage was always more trouble than its worth.

46 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This change makes no sense. You may as well nerf Iron Skin with a proposal like that. Healing from health orb drops does not make Nezha a healer. Desecrate Nekros is more of a healer than Nezha... Nezha will never be a tank as well. He is a quick Warframe that needs the 100% damage reduction. It seems that Warding Halo will become a slightly better Bless for only Nezha. 

Damage reduction plus the health orbs open up a lot more mod and arcane possibilities. I am hesitant about the change but there is certainly a very good chance that it will work out better. A lot of builds will need to be adjusted though.

I'm actually really hyped about the 90% damage absorption, means I can run a rage setup on Nezha and soak up some energy when I get hit, may actually be INCREASING Nezha's effective health in this scenario. The multiple chakrams on speared opponents sounds awesome, does this split for every enemy you hit with the primary chakram?

To everyone complaining about the 90% damage reduction. Play Rhino. There's no point in making two frames with two kits that are almost functionally the same. 

CC scales a thousand times than flat damage absorption anyway. And since Nezha is actually taking health damage now he can actually benefit from health based mods such as Rage and Equilibrium along with armor based mods and arcanes like Grace and Guardian.

These are 100% good changes to his kit. He has much more build diversity, scales much better, and will probably be much more fun and engaging to play.

I personally like the current Fire Walker and I think it's better as a channeling ability, guess I will have to try the new system to be sure.

For the rest of his kit, sounds awsome.

My favorate changes are everything for Blazing Chakram, sped up casting animations and most importently the removal of the mandatory slamming animation of Divin Spear.

I hope the charge attack of Blazing Chakram will work like Gara's Shattered Lash (ability 1) or throwing a glaive. I love this kind of charging and it feels right at least for me.

Archived