Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

Just now, ChipsLight said:

Also I love how Warding Halo's new AoE effect and invincibility when it runs out is basically shield gating. I thought that you guys said that wasn't possible ? 🤔

Its more complicated than that honestly. They can't give a huge  invuln period to shields when they break due to their auto recharge and shield restoring abilities. Normal shield gating is just gating 1 instance of damage and well in warframe that's often not the case.

@[DE]Connor

I'm glade that some the changes I suggested have been taken into account but here are some other ideas that I feel would make Nezha better.

1st ability:

·      (Synergy) depending on the damage done to enemies affected by the 1st ability, it will increase the damage of the 2nd ability.

.       Increase width of the flames to 2m

.       Increase flame duration from 10 to 15 seconds

2nd ability:

·       When enemy affected explodes, the flames will spread onto enemies in a 10m radius.

.       Make fire spread duration 10 seconds.

.       DON`T make charge duration too long like Vauban, hydroid, ember`s charges or make it a double click mechanic.

.       Make it be able to cast while on the move to make him more versatile.

3rd ability fix:

·      IMPORTANT. Make the ring go over his head and under his feet instead of through it (PLEASE FIX!)

.       Make the aoe stun range 12 meters

4th ability:

·       Enemies affected will be set on fire doing damage overtime. 

Extras:

Fire damage buff: The longer fire is on enemies the more it stacks up. This will make fire damage more useful in the game and it will buff warframe that have fire abilities.

Future Nezha prime: When design Nezha make the chakram on his back smaller or a flaming see-through hologram.

I have put up a post giving feedback on warframe that can be made better with a re-work, re-visit, or some small changes. Take a look. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1000375-warframe-changes-that-will-make-them-better-and-useful/?tab=comments#comment-10127565

look i'm willing to give the warding halo the benefit of the doubt here, although if you ever do something similar to rhino you best think about removing the "do x riven challenge without taking damage" thing.

But i absolutely beg of you above all else please please PLEASE, DO NOT make the first ability duration based. PLEASE! This feels like a massive step backwards to me. It'd be like if wukong's cloud was a channeled ability like it probably should be, and it just got arbitrarily changed to what it is currently, which people hate.

At the very least leave fire walker like it is now and let people mess with rage/hunter's adrenaline first before changing it. I'm not going to disagree that new nezha might have energy issues if fire walker was still a channeled ability, but with warding halo being damage reduction and not a shield if you have one of those mods you might not have energy issues. 

just no... or add warding halo augment to basic power, and with 100% efficiency and not 50% and put this nerf on rhino's iron skin also
and boost warding halo health scaling with power strg and armor, lvl 40 destroy it with only 4 bullets

Since this is actually going to be quite a meh rework at best I thought it would be good to explain a few points 

Increasing Nezha’s power overall by giving him added team support value and internal synergies

While the QOL changes for his 1 and 2 are quite nice, and my only major concern with these is if his fire trail duration will be shorter overall (you can get quite a bit of passive CC going with his 1 if you run around fast enough) His nerfed 3 will sadly have me retire him from use in it's current state.

Warding Halo now only blocks 90% of damage taken. Will still block status effects and other procs.

Now this is not such a major nerf that it would warrant me calling this frame dead, It would still be quite useful if not for the ring STILL having HP on top of this, and quite a small pool at that. 90% DR for 1000 damage is laughable even at mid star chart levels, and indeed it would seem that the utility that the team would get from his 3 before this nerf is all but gone with it. The reason given gave me quite the laugh

In this context, Warding Halo’s 100% damage resistance was completely overshadowing his other options - why heal or CC when I never take any damage?

• Because his heal is bad
  • Because his CC is mediocre at best
  • The damage his ring could absorb was still very small once you start going past level 80 or so, It might give you a shot or 2 extra of survivability 
  • Being able to save the entire team from a small mistake was at least in some part useful when going for longer runs 

There is no "healing" in the higher levels, everything will oneshot you and CC is king

In lower level content his 3 would make you basically unkillable, but the same could be said for ANY frame that could disarm or give damage resistance.

Why not just nerf bless so it only takes 400 damage before stopping? (this is not a suggestion btw)

His other abilities are mostly fine except for

Killing enemies while they are marked will now produce healing orbs, instead of the current healing pulse

While this is actually quite nice for nezha himself, this nerfs the healing potential of the ring by about 10X. I would suggest keeping the pulse and the health orbs as a bonus.

DIVINE SPEARS

Sped up the casting/slamming animations, while removing the mandatory slam at the end of the Spears’ duration. (slam can still be triggered manually)

Hitting a speared enemy with Blazing Chakram produces a second Chakram, which fires at a nearby enemy.

Quite a good QOL change overall, although the ability itself is still going to be worthless in the void with ancients around.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Connor a dit :

If you doubt just how potent 90% damage resistance can be, try out Gara’s Splinter Storm at 130% or more power strength!)

and yeah... but splinter Storm can stay like what... 1 minute without getting reckted, and with the augment and aura slot you regen 3 + 3 (power str multiplier)
with the warding halo change.... you can have 20k health shield, but with the ennemie's lvl, he doesn't stay 1 minute like gara's #*!%ing splinter storm.
with this change, gara are gonna be the best warframe in the game for tankiness
If you doing that, gara will only be pick, and nezha will be put in trash of many player
change gara augment, change health and armor scaling, boost warding halo base health, i only ask this, because 2k shield with 90% damage reduction without any base health regen like mindless gara augment, nezha will only be the worst tank in the game

4 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

That's a totally useless statement to say on its own; nothing's really that wrong with Revenant.

Common knowledge, but Thralls is just completely flawed. I'm practically beating a dead horse.

Mesmer Skin's still quite broken; too many things pierce it. The Amesha's 1st, Watchful Swarm, is literally everything Mesmer Skin wants to be; it blocks all damage, from self damage to procs and possibly everything else that couldn't be tested outright.

Reave is quite useless because its 40% efficacy, both for its damage to enemies and health/shields restored, is only when you pass through Thralls. Otherwise it's 8%, and that's all it does, too. It doesn't even restore shields unless you hit a shielded enemy. At best it's a movement tool when Danse-ing, but otherwise there's no real point or incentive to use it.

Danse Macabre's great and all, but a 20/40 e/s channeled cost for an ability that can't even truly aim or at least change its angle from slightly below waist level and downward is not all that justifiable. I don't even really oppose the huge cost since I run max efficiency as standard anyway, but I still know it needs something to balance that cost.

I'm not on my phone but imagine I put that hand emoji giving the okay sign, because these changes sound PRETTY OKAY.

That 90% damage reduction worried me for a second before I saw that there's an inv. phase after it pops. All these changes sound great for Nezha (especially that shorter divine spears cast time, optional slam and blazing chakram synergy), and I'm definitely going to start playing our slidey boi again after these changes ❤️

Um okay. Health orbs don't heal you by much. They chose health orbs because he won't need to heal much with Warding Halo active BUT what about your teammates? He'll drop less orbs than a Nekros by default and heal less than all of the other healing frames. Vacuum could also make it hard to heal certain allies especially if they're both in need of healing. He needs a personally designed healing drop that is easily distinguishable from other drops (and has a decent heal) OR give him the trinity affinity range for the healing pulse and make it 40-60 health per kill (maybe allow the health per kill to be affect by power strength). Also give the healing pulse a visual representation as well.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

When the health of the Warding Halo runs out, it will do an AoE heat status effect and give you a short period of invulnerability.

• Why? This gives the player precious time to react, helping survivability while controlling the enemies immediately around you. Your next Warding Halo can be recast during this window to ensure you’re always protected!

Please give this QoL to Rhino, Mesa etc too, so as to be consistent. 

Talking about consistent, please tell Pablo to make Nezha's 4 a press-4-to-win ability so as to be consistent with Saryn's 4.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Automatamancer said:

Mirage next please pablo haha

I have an idea to make Mirage`s 2nd ability better.

·       Make glowing booby traps charm enemies when active which will set off the traps by them interacting with the traps. (this will make it useful and all tile sets)

·       Make it work on grineer tilesets

·       Make dead bodies be a booby trap also.

Archived