Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

Suggestion,

Once [3] is activated, as it now only reduces 90% damage and the total damage absorption its based on STR, remove the STR base and make it Time Based, just like Gara's [2], That would be Just Perfect and will give me reasons to build for tank and health regeneration based on the use of other skills, Building for STR just to raise the Cap on the Damage absorption removes the purpose of it, as most of his kit is CC not Damage base.

So right now we are being forced to have a 3rd eye pernalooking at the new [3] Indicator or Building for STR to max that cap and sacrifice the viability of  the [2] and [4] that greatly benefir from Range.

Also, turning that [3] into a Time base skill with the 90% reduction scalated on STR just like Gara's, will allow us to potentially use the [1] for longer time.

Its a win win situation, make it tame based and Cap Free damage absorption up to 90%.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

I like this change.

This change makes absolutely no sense and feels like forced synergy much like Atlas. Reducing the damage reduction from the Halo will be quite awful for Sortie rescue missions. This change does not open modding and/or Arcane avenues. Arcane Pulse will not see any real use as Guardian and Energize are already being used. While I understand more options are nice, Equilibrium will most definitely be worthless here. Health orbs are a niche that really only function for Nekros. Oberon and Well of Life Trinity cannot even use health orbs effectively.

If you want to achieve synergy between abilities, do not force it on the player. Atlas is a clunky mess because of this trend. I would rather see Halo have 100% damage reduction. Nezha is a fast caster, not a healer. He is also not a tank. Halo was already worse than Iron Skin, and now it is further lowered in effectiveness.

I am also wondering about this, as with it not being a perfect fake shield, I wonder why it has absorbed damage at all rather than just an activation. I am assuming the attempt at valuing Equilibrium is more about the orbs for one, and the energy orbs for another, but considering I am now taking damage from the Halo protection it seems I am pushed more into Rage instead! Still, I guess its nice to make healing even if it is much lower healing than the pulse wave (admittedly super short as said) from Blazing Chakram kills. Honestly, I have wondered at removing Health and Energy Orbs entirely, as I don't figure they have much an in-universe reason for dropping in the first place! It pulls one out of the game to have power-up pick-ups in a game that otherwise has us picking up ammo, and resources, etc which could conceivably come from the lockers or enemy inventories. 90% is still a powerful effect, as the old Overheat Ember can attest, and as pointed out Gara, but I don't feel it should be still pulling then from Rhino's template then.

14 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Changed from a channeling ability to duration-based.

• Why? As a channeled ability, keeping Firewalker active would block all energy regeneration. Making the ability a single cast with a long moddable duration solves that problem, encouraging more frequent use. 

Don't change this! This is not a problem for Nezha. Due to his agility and speed he has no issues gathering more than enough energy orbs. This is a big nerf to Pyroclastic flow and and an extra cast that just gets in the way and breaks up Firewalker trails, this sounds really annoying. It's more than efficient enough with a decent amount of Duration. I run with Negative efficiency and am actually often full on Energy. I rarely run out.

Teleporting will no longer cancel Fire Walker.

If we hated this^ (which we would be very happy to be free of that's great), why would we want a limited duration?

synergy with Blazing Chakram’s health orbs, not to mention new modding avenues like Equilibrium, Health Conversion

Important note: Does Warding Halo's health Still scale the same way? Snapshot of Armor and power strength values? The problem is the Halo can get pretty easily 1 shot at mid to higher levels without Health Conversion and huge power strength to give it a halfway decent amount of health. How long is the damage absorb period? Will it matter if enemies are stunned because of being fire procced?

Nezha's health and shield change is alright but without a base armor boost the health is pretty meaningless without relying on Health conversion.

The big problem is that Health Conversion is going to end up being mandatory on Nezha, who up to this point had one of the most flexible and least mandatory mod setups.

10 hours ago, Worldbrand said:

concerns with his augments

I very, very much share these concerns

Scrolling through 10 pages of replies, there seem to be concerns with his augments. I will echo these concerns:

• Pyroclastic Flow: Now that Fire Walker is duration based, will we still be able to cancel it and trigger Pyroclastic Flow on demand? Low-duration builds will limit the amount of damage we can accumulate, but leaving the actual cast trigger to the timer makes this ability significantly more difficult to use.
  • Reaping Chakram: How will this work? There is no longer a healing pulse. Enemies marked take extra damage anyway. Charged Chakram will now fly through enemies even without this augment. Please offer some clarification.
  • Safeguard: What will "50% effectiveness" mean in the new context of the ability? Will allies receive 50% of the damage reduction from the Warding Halo, or will they receive the same damage reduction as Nezha with 50% of the Warding Halo's health value?

" why heal or CC when I never take any damage?" 

- That's a good point. I would like to take a moment and direct that towards Revenant. Why would I have the need to use Reave when I have Mesmer skin up a 100 of the time. I don't need to heal and even if the ability falls off in the middle of combat I have at the very least 600 shields underneath meaning that my health will now be damage and my shields regen regardless if I drain or not.

Nice, these are some great changes. Just disappointed that DE is trying to make it so that every frame has to rely on all 4 abilities (especially since Blazing Chakram has janky flight paths and hits don't properly connect sometimes). Making us jump through hoops just so we, as supposed humanoid death machines, don't get instagibbed by random trash mobs. Some of us like being powerful with the press of a single button. Really worried about the direction they are headed in for frames.

31 minutes ago, Worldbrand said:

Scrolling through 10 pages of replies, there seem to be concerns with his augments. I will echo these concerns:

• Pyroclastic Flow: Now that Fire Walker is duration based, will we still be able to cancel it and trigger Pyroclastic Flow on demand? Low-duration builds will limit the amount of damage we can accumulate, but leaving the actual cast trigger to the timer makes this ability significantly more difficult to use.
  • Reaping Chakram: How will this work? There is no longer a healing pulse. Enemies marked take extra damage anyway. Charged Chakram will now fly through enemies even without this augment. Please offer some clarification.
  • Safeguard: What will "50% effectiveness" mean in the new context of the ability? Will allies receive 50% of the damage reduction from the Warding Halo, or will they receive the same damage reduction as Nezha with 50% of the Warding Halo's health value?

Don't see why Pyroclastic flow would not activate on command. I mean, My nova build is pretty much centered around a mod that deactivates Null star on demand to get its effect while normally it should not.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I like this change.

This change makes absolutely no sense and feels like forced synergy much like Atlas. Reducing the damage reduction from the Halo will be quite awful for Sortie rescue missions. This change does not open modding and/or Arcane avenues. Arcane Pulse will not see any real use as Guardian and Energize are already being used. While I understand more options are nice, Equilibrium will most definitely be worthless here. Health orbs are a niche that really only function for Nekros. Oberon and Well of Life Trinity cannot even use health orbs effectively.

If you want to achieve synergy between abilities, do not force it on the player. Atlas is a clunky mess because of this trend. I would rather see Halo have 100% damage reduction. Nezha is a fast caster, not a healer. He is also not a tank. Halo was already worse than Iron Skin, and now it is further lowered in effectiveness.

i always see you early in the comments and sometimes you say good stuff other times like this you jump the gun a bit, just drop the meta act, think it over a bit or atleast outside the box first before casting judgement, with this, he can now benefit from rage/hunter adrenaline while using halo and with halos augment so can his allies and they can have energy gain + protection since his chakram now causes health orbs to drop which with equilibrium can restore energy as well meaning he can afford less efficient builds especially since his 1 is also duration based now, the energy orbs will also trigger health conversion for much more armor which will further boost halos strength the moment he recasts which is also a safe zone due to the panic from the heat procs and the i -frame they added, in addition he can also make marked enemies drop energy orbs on death making arcane energize exceptionally good on him as well as something like arcane eruption or energy conversion in addition its marks cause increased damage from all sources including team mates so he wont be as stingy as harrow with energy also nezha was always a supportive tanky cc frame, his kit just wasnt thought out well enough. in short this makes nezha a frame that can spam abilities to heal and protect allies or do moderately good damage without having energy issues, almost like a perpetual engine, more hes hurt the more he'd heal and keep going, still even with all this said lets wait for the RW to release then we can test it and critique it all we like ( probs after any additional changes anyway)

2 hours ago, AnFangs said:

Also please rework Wukong from the ground up next! Please remember him, I know he's easy to forget. Functional immortality doesn't justify the rest of his kit being intrinsically boring as sin to counter-balance it, especially when we've got plenty of functionally immortal frames with interesting kits, and one that can even share that functional immortality with the rest of the squad.

My idea to make Wukong better

Passive: increase the combo duration to 7sec

1st ability

·       Increases the range of the ability cast to 20m and 5m radius when knocking enemies down.

3rd ability REWORK

Wukong plucks a hair to produce a clone of himself that will fight with him for a short duration. Upon death it will multiple itself up to four clones.

·       I will either use the melee weapon that you have equipped, or it will use primal fury depending on what you are using. If you cast it while using guns, the clones will fight with melee weapon.

·       (synergy) You can increase it survivability by using the 2nd ability before you cast the 3rd ability. The invulnerability phase on the clone will only work once. 

·       (Synergy) The clones range attacks will be the 1st ability.

4th ability

·       Decrease the attack speed of the first two swings in the stance.

·       Make it block all damage.

Fix: Make the growing range of the melee weapon noticeable and effective.

2 hours ago, HawkFang022 said:

Where's the real rework for Vauban?

My idea for a Vauban re-visit

Passive: Give nyx`s passive to Vauban. (This will make his abilities more useful against enemies with guns)

1st ability:

·       Make them have 100% stun proc

·       Reduce the charge time to 1sec instead of 3sec

·       Make one tesla shock two enemies instead of one.

·       Holding the ability will slowly move the tesla in the direction you’re facing. (This is good for enemies at a distance hiding in cover)

2nd ability:

·       NEW- Replace tripwire with a trap the tether enemies to it slowing down their movement. (tripwire is fun to watch but ultimately useless)

·       All traps are seeker traps that seek out the nearest enemy to it. (this makes it better of enemies with guns)

·       Bounce will continue to seek out enemies until the number of bounces run out.

·       If you want to lay a trap without it moving, double click the ability.

·       Increase shred and concuss range to 10m when triggered and on detonation.

·       Hold to switch abilities and press to activate the ability.

3rd ability fix: Enemies still are moving around inside even when affected enemy cap is not full. (including with augment)

4th ability:

Increase the range from 6m to 12m.

To see more of my wf ideas click here.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1000375-warframe-changes-that-will-make-them-better-and-useful/?tab=comments#comment-10127565

Cool.

Personally I was never interested in NeZha cuz he felt clunky with long animations and low dmg (tbh)

But now as im reading the changes i love the 2 changes (this was the ability I didnt used once) and now i will surely spam it. I love mechanics when things bounce of enemies etc.

animation changes is a good move! Make him feel faster and flowier (is this a word?). Also 1 change... em a bit meh? Yes it is cool that i can get energy from energy siphon now but still meh for me - which doesnt mean its bad, its just my thing. Also when enemies will drop energy more often now due to 2 new stuff we will get energy faster even with fire walker on. So still dont get the change but sure. Its just my thing doesnt mean it is a bad change

Spears could be buffed damage-wise i think, maybe?

3rd ability is nice. Will work with Rage now so cool. (Again NeZha will gain more energy with Rage and Energy orbs so why Duration-FireWalker change?)

Cant wait for the rework and very happy to see NeZha being brought to live 🙂

WUKONG NEXT!

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

#JusticeforWukong 

+1

5 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

On our last devstream, we gave players a sneak peek at the fiery Nezha Deluxe skin, which will be available in the coming weeks. As the office’s #1 Nezha enthusiast (sorry Megan), I’m very excited to announce that the deluxe skin release will be accompanied by some power kit changes!

[DE]Pablo has been working hard on tweaks, with two primary goals in mind:

• Making Nezha feel smoother and more fluid in gameplay
  • Increasing Nezha’s power overall by giving him added team support value and internal synergies

With that said, let’s break down the changes in order!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

• Increased max rank health from 225 to 375
  • Decreased max rank shields from 225 to 150

FIRE WALKER

• Changed from a channeling ability to duration-based.
    • Why? As a channeled ability, keeping Firewalker active would block all energy regeneration. Making the ability a single cast with a long moddable duration solves that problem, encouraging more frequent use.
  • Cast animation changed to a small hop that doesn’t restrict movement.

firewalker.gif

BLAZING CHAKRAM

• Cast animation has been sped up, and no longer restricts movement.
  • Enemies hit by the disc are “marked” for a moddable duration, greatly increasing the damage they take from all sources. Marked enemies have a chance to drop energy orbs.
    • Why? Adds great team value to Nezha’s kit - increasing damage taken helps all allies, and energy orb drops enable frequent recasting.

chakram1.gif

• Killing enemies while they are marked will now produce healing orbs, instead of the current healing pulse.
    • Why? The current radial heal is invisible and very small, usually only benefitting players in melee range - most players don’t even know it’s there! Health orbs make the result more visible, while introducing other mod synergies.
  • Increased the number of targets the disc will try to hit before recalling, and improved some cases of faulty lock-on targeting.
  • Added a charged throw, causing the Chakram to fly straight forwards and backwards, dealing extra damage to enemies in its path.
    • Why? For a consistent flight path unaffected by lock-on targeting, use the new charged throw. Great for hallways!

chakram2.gif

• Teleporting will no longer cancel Fire Walker.

WARDING HALO

• HUD now shows a custom counter, indicating how much damage absorption is left, instead of a simple numeric percentage

haloUI.PNG

• Warding Halo now only blocks 90% of damage taken. Will still block status effects and other procs.
    • Why? When considering Nezha’s revamped kit, he is excellent at mitigating enemy damage - Firewalker and Divine Spears offer great area/crowd control, Blazing Chakram offers healing and self-sustain, and his outstanding movement can make the player a hard target to hit. In this context, Warding Halo’s 100% damage resistance was completely overshadowing his other options - why heal or CC when I never take any damage?
      With 90% damage resistance, Nezha is still very capable of tanking, but encouraged to rely on his other tools to avoid getting overwhelmed. Taking minimal health damage allows for synergy with Blazing Chakram’s health orbs, not to mention new modding avenues like Equilibrium, Health Conversion and various Arcanes. The change also allows us to improve survivability in other ways, such as the increased health pool, and major Warding Halo quality-of-life buffs listed below.
  • Damage absorption invulnerability phase now begins as soon as you cast the ability. Cast animation also sped up.

halo2.gif

• Increased incoming damage multiplier during invulnerability. Damage absorption multiplier also now scales with power strength.
  • When the health of the Warding Halo runs out, it will do an AoE heat status effect and give you a short period of invulnerability.
    • Why? This gives the player precious time to react, helping survivability while controlling the enemies immediately around you. Your next Warding Halo can be recast during this window to ensure you’re always protected!

halo3.gif

(Brief aside: as a Nezha main, I was originally skeptical of the 90% damage resistance change, and I suspect many readers will be skeptical too. However, playing the rework myself quickly changed my mind. The various buffs really outweigh the negatives, making Nezha much more capable in a supporting crowd-controller role. If you doubt just how potent 90% damage resistance can be, try out Gara’s Splinter Storm at 130% or more power strength!)

DIVINE SPEARS

• Sped up the casting/slamming animations, while removing the mandatory slam at the end of the Spears’ duration. (slam can still be triggered manually)
  • Hitting a speared enemy with Blazing Chakram produces a second Chakram, which fires at a nearby enemy.

On top of all that, Nezha’s sounds have been remastered, adding new auditory cues for important moments, like Blazing Chakrams returning to the player, or Warding Halos running out of health!

Keep in mind that everything listed above is subject to change prior to release - with that said, we are interested in hearing your thoughts on what we have so far. We are aiming to have this rework released next week, along with the Deluxe skin bundle. Thanks for reading, and we hope you look forward to Nezha Deluxe!

Warframe0916.jpg

Hope you do what you guys are planning to do with nezha's warding halo to rhino's iron skin with the number counter cuz i hate looking down at the ability pictures for the percentage

Warding Halo now only blocks 90% of damage taken
No just no i dont like this change,what should happen instead is just make the max amount of health his 3 has lower,not just completely negate his 3, 90% damage reduction means you can die in one shot anyways at the high level if a mob hits you for 10000 your still going to take 1000 damage wich is enough to kill most frames, its the same as Gara's 2.

1 minute ago, TasteVengence said:

Warding Halo now only blocks 90% of damage taken
No just no i dont like this change,what should happen instead is just make the max amount of health his 3 has lower,not just completely negate his 3, 90% damage reduction means you can die in one shot anyways at the high level if a mob hits you for 10000 your still going to take 1000 damage wich is enough to kill most frames, its the same as Gara's 2.

You have nice CC tools on him also you will get energy from Rage. I do not complain tbh 😛

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's not supposed to be better or even equal to Iron Skin that's Rhino's ability not anyone else's and Halo was never meant to replace it, 90% is plenty of damage reduction even on higher level missions, Nezha has been used as a tank by most players and this rework won't change that in any way, all the changes are good and will have a positive effect on the frame. 

I'm going to be real with you DE...Just have Pablo Rework frames, you can have others make them and stuff but just have Pablo do them. As an example Think of Ember (correct me if i'm wrong) which Pablo did not rework is now considered trash, when she was a lack luster 1 trick pony before. As compared to Nidus, very good and even balance by his own strength being to much for him at times, Sarin having the same kind of balance that her overall strength works as a dual edged sword, she is great when the enemies are greater, and weak when the enemies are weaker, Harrow is another example, as in he is a really really good solo frame with some great team synergy when needed. All i'm telling you is when i hear DE Pablo is reworking a frame i go "oh my how is it changed, i can't wait to see!" and when i see another person doing it i say "Oh no how much have i lost?" I think Nezha will be another frame that turns out good i wonder why?

Archived