[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

11 minutes ago, InFiNiTe-Sensei said:

I approve of this rework. So this means Nezha Prime soon?

Not really.
IJT3XG0.png

25 minutes ago, GunMute said:

Not really.
IJT3XG0.png

Don't forget that Primes are released in 2 males/2 females order. So the most likely order of primes is Chroma/Mesa/Equinox/Atlas/Wukong/Ivara/Titania/Nezha. I would expect Nezha Prime in 21 months.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Kialandi:

Don't forget that Primes are released in 2 males/2 females order. So the most likely order of primes is Chroma/Mesa/Equinox/Atlas/Wukong/Ivara/Titania/Nezha. I would expect Nezha Prime in 21 months.

equinox isn't male or female as i know.. it's both, depending on it's day/night side. so i'm curious how this frame change or may not change the order 😄

• Woah 1
  • Applause 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb InFiNiTe-Sensei:

No. 

Nezha deluxe skin 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

equinox isn't male or female as i know.. it's both, depending on it's day/night side. so i'm curious how this frame change or may not change the order 😄

It's not male/female, it's soldier/witch--the devs have stated that both forms are female.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, InFiNiTe-Sensei said:

Well there’s still Chroma, Mesa, and Equinox. And if they decide to stick with the order the next male male rotation will be Atlas and wukong. (But there’s always a chance for less popular frames to get put on the back burner for a later prime release. So if the rework makes Nezha really popular he might replace atlas or wukong for a prime slot).

3 hours ago, GunMute said:

Do we know if his halo will reduce shield damage as well?

Well it damage reduction, so yes. However your health will also have armor on top of the 90% damage reduction.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

A common misconception, but Equinox is based on Jungian Anima and Animus, both sides are the same female, its just adopting a feminine and masculine persona, or really more a passive or active aspect to their personality.

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

Well it damage reduction, so yes. However your health will also have armor on top of the 90% damage reduction.

Nova's Null Star has damage reduction but it doesn't reduce damage to her shields.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, InFiNiTe-Sensei said:

I wish but probably not 😢

With Nezha finally being reworked, I see this as an opportunity to collect and point out all those Nezha related bugs, that have been known and reported for a long time, but never seemed important enough to DE to try and fix them.

Fire Walker:

-Pyroclastic Flow augment deals damage to Nezha and all allies and does not expire if Nezha died while the fire trail was active

-Mounting a Dargyn in the Plains of Eidolon while having Fire Walker active results in creating a trail of fire in the sky

Blazing Chakram:

-When playing as the host, FX is partly showing default colors

-When playing as a client, Healing Pulse audio and FX is missing

-Players are still reporting a rare 'ability in use' bug preventing the player from using any ability after Blazing Chakram simply disappeared

-Throwing Blazing Chakram can fail under certain conditions (collision with invisible objects)

-QoL suggestion: Activating Blazing Chakram teleport will sometimes fail, because the position is too close to a wall (line of sight check is negative even though the new location appears to be legitimate to the player). It will show a message then. In this case, Blazing Chakram should instead teleport the player to the last legitimate position

-When Reaping Chakram augment is equipped, the Chakram does not bounce off walls or the floor but returns to Nezha immediatly on contact

Warding Halo:

-Status Immunity is missing during the initial 3 second invulnerability phase

-Status Immunity is not working on a couple of status effects (examples: Arctic Eximus slow aura, Orokin frozen floor traps, Tar Mutalist-Moa’s Tar puddle)

-Stun is not applying reliably

-Warding Halo UI disappears on certain conditions

-Warding Halo with Safeguard augment will apply on allies that stand behind you instead of yourself if they are close to you even if they don’t appear on your screen

-QoL: With the Safeguard augment you can activate Warding Halo on other players sentinels, but your own sentinel will always dodge if you are trying to point at him making it very hard to do this. With the Safeguard augment your sentinel should always receive a Warding Halo, whenever you activate that ability and it has no Warding Halo yet.

-When activating Warding Halo with the Safeguard augment on an ally that goes to bleedout state during the casting animation, Warding Halo will appear visually on the downed ally. After reviving that ally, Warding Halo will have no effect, will not disappear ever, and prevent activating the ability on that target.

-QoL suggestion: It should not be possible to activate Warding Halo with the Safeguard augment on certain duration based short living objects (examples: Mirage Hall of Mirrors clones, Smeeta Kavat Mischief decoy, Loki bait, Nidus maggots, Saryn Molt)

Divine Spears:

-Divine Spears frequently don't disappear visually when instantly deactivating the ability, caused by exploding enemies and large groups of enemies

-Activating Divine Spears on a Nullifier unit, that is unalerted, will cause it to activate the Nullifier bubble after a short delay, freeing himself and nearby enemies from the stun and also cancelling the damage. A stunned (unconscious) enemy should not trigger any action.

-Some enemies affected by Divine Spears show uncontrolled, extremely rapid movement.

-Some enemies affected by Divine Spears are not being impaled, but stand near their representative spear while being unconscious.

-Some enemies affected by Divine Spears are not being impaled upwards but to the side.

Other:

-Sliding FX and audio does not disappear after dying while sliding

-Broken helmet model often appearing in the star chart when changing loadouts

-Broken body model in the starchart has been reported

-Broken movement of the Circa helmets cords

Edited by Terroriced
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

A common misconception, but Equinox is based on Jungian Anima and Animus, both sides are the same female, its just adopting a feminine and masculine persona, or really more a passive or active aspect to their personality.

its a common misconception because that was the original plan, until DE got scared of possibly offending transgender folks and changed it, if you look into past devstreams from when equinox was first announced they specifically stated it was male and female forms but they got scared off and never remodeled the frame, so its male and female in form but not in lore

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

its a common misconception because that was the original plan, until DE got scared of possibly offending transgender folks and changed it, if you look into past devstreams from when equinox was first announced they specifically stated it was male and female forms but they got scared off and never remodeled the frame, so its male and female in form but not in lore

Perhaps, as you look at the original concept art, there were versions of both animus and anima, and an attempt at a male female split yin and yang deal. Both ideas existed, but what we got was never both officially. Just as accidentally calling Nezha a female on his introduction video didn't make him one.

• Like 1

I really like all the changes, and the reduction to 90% DR does not bother me. I hope the cast animations on chakram and the teleport will be fluid, the frame rely mainly on that.

Pls @[DE]Pablo can you rework wukong too? :)

Edited by Cloud

3 hours ago, Terroriced said:

-Status Immunity is not working on a couple of status effects (examples: Arctic Eximus slow aura, Orokin frozen floor traps, Tar Mutalist-Moa’s Tar puddle)

A lot of the things you pointed out are good, this here is actually fully intentional on the devs part. It's the same with Rhino.

9 hours ago, GunMute said:

Do we know if his halo will reduce shield damage as well? 

No, we don't have any indication from the GIFs we don't know. It seems likely I would think. Otherwise that can be put on the list of things that make this weaker than Splinter storm.

• Upvote 1

Just please don't limit his healing to killing enemies. I don't want Nezha to be useless against boss fights. With upcoming flying Eidolon and Fortuna's Spiderbots. I don't want Nezha to be left behind for the fun content. Fixing it would either mean adding adds to bossfights or making his heal being as it was or a lifesteal maybe. I don't want him to be limited to only specific few gamemodes.

Edited by Dvvolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is pie-in-the-sky type stuff, but one thing that would be nice would be to build some  explicit synergies between his passive and his abilities.  For instance:

Fire Walker: While sliding, it produces a trail of higher or wider flames with 100% Status rather than 50%.

Blazing Chakram: When cast at the end of a slide, costs 0 energy.

Warding Halo: When it comes in contact with enemies while sliding, has a chance to cause Slash procs.  Or maybe, the damage mitigation increases while sliding.

Divine Spears: When sliding around speared targets, has a chance to cause another instance of Puncture damage.

Stuff like that.

You could instead simply add a benefit to the passive to encourage people to leverage his, uh, slipperiness.  Like, "While sliding, Nezha gains x% Evasion", or "Nezha reloads and holsters  twice as fast"

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

This is pie-in-the-sky type stuff, but one thing that would be nice would be to build some  explicit synergies between his passive and his abilities.  For instance:

Fire Walker: While sliding, it produces a trail of higher or wider flames with 100% Status rather than 50%.

Blazing Chakram: When cast at the end of a slide, costs 0 energy.

Warding Halo: When it comes in contact with enemies while sliding, has a chance to cause Slash procs.  Or maybe, the damage mitigation increases while sliding.

Divine Spears: When sliding around speared targets, has a chance to cause another instance of Puncture damage.

Stuff like that.

You could instead simply add a benefit to the passive to encourage people to leverage his, uh, slipperiness.  Like, "While sliding, Nezha gains x% Evasion", or "Nezha reloads and holsters  twice as fast"

im personally not really into the 3 and 4 ideas but the first 2 id be on board for, itd be fitting, like when he slides with firewalker itd be like striking a match, i think youd have to set the 2 option to when cast while sliding, because itd be hard to figure out where the "end" of a slide is, you can slide slowly for quite a while, but id maybe modify it a little, maybe have that be how the straight throw happens? using your momentum to sling it forward instead of having it home in on enemies

• Like 1

Just now, Ocerkin said:

im personally not really into the 3 and 4 ideas but the first 2 id be on board for, itd be fitting, like when he slides with firewalker itd be like striking a match, i think youd have to set the 2 option to when cast while sliding, because itd be hard to figure out where the "end" of a slide is, you can slide slowly for quite a while, but id maybe modify it a little, maybe have that be how the straight throw happens? using your momentum to sling it forward instead of having it home in on enemies

Like (I think) most abilities, Chakram currently pops you out of a slide, so I intended the only timing to be pressing the button while in the slide animation. 

It'd be really cool if we could slide -while- throwing the Chakram, but I'd imagine that's a bit of work.

• Like 1

Not only is the Deluxe skin simply hot, but i really appreciate the hoops you jumped through for this revisit.

Most of us are concerned about that damage reduction for the same reason as its bad on every other frame. Something can offer 99% damage reduction but sooner or later we are going to hit levels where the enemies simply oneshot throught it.

• Like 1

On 2018-09-10 at 10:16 AM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

please re-read the post. I said 2 stack, which is 550%. Im not using maxed umbral builds because of the excessive cost and futility of it. And no, that is not enough. Maybe it is for your missions, but i urge you to try using it beyond the star chart. Bullet jump damage is "more than enough." For popular content, which in itself has problems, and is a specific scenario that doesn't encompass the game so comparing performance to missions is not a good measuring stick. Best to use comparison to similar abilities, and yes, rhino iron skin is still a similar ability, which is kinda my main gripe more than the actual numbers. Essentially this changes absolutely nothing. All it does is limit it's performance to Nezha's EHp. It functions exactly as before.

They said this was done specifically to make blazing chakram used, which is a fair idea, but a faulty implementation. Why not just give blazing chakram a heal to the warding halo health like reinforcing stomp instead of forcing the 2 to somehow affect eachother?

No need to reread it, my vitality isnt even maxed

"My missions?" Idk what you think i'm playing but even with the non umbra mods i was nigh unkillable and was the only one without a single death in sortie 3 defense missions and such

Nezha's ehp was fine and now it will be quite good

If you keep dying you "might" wanna try something else

What bothers me... The gifts look like it's tested against level 10 enemies... Would like to see a test against lvl 100 enemies... 

• Upvote 3

I think this will be a great rework. The 90% reduction is the only "maybe", but we need to try it before we can judge.

Would be awesome to have Rhino get the same QoL on the inv and cast time on 3.