Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

hace 26 minutos, franelasd dijo:

i go with nezha to the index, with this rework, my nezha will be taking dust and i will have to chance to rhino i think, and that is bad, i dont think that making it 90% reduction is the right thing, the damage absorbed is so poor in nezha so there is no sense doing that, is a ugly nerft that will do that nezhas who go to the index will stop doing that

edit: thinking it with a cold mind, it will work in the index, i mean, my build for nezha is rage and fast mind with umbrals, so... that 10% damage will be healed constantly with rage and fast mind and possibly it will work well in index... i will wait for this and see it by myself with the new nezha

12 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Damage reduction plus the health orbs open up a lot more mod and arcane possibilities.

The Arcane Guardian plus Arcane Energize combo is the superior choice. I don't see any reason to slot something like Arcane Pulse on a Warframe who is designed as a fast caster, not a healer/tank. If I want to heal players and myself, I will choose Trinity or Oberon. Given Firewalker is becoming duration based, there is no need to slot mods like Rage/Hunter Adrenaline.

I feel Nezha is being given the Atlas treatment: Forced synergy and clunky mechanics. I am still hopeful that feedback is discussed between developers and Nezha comes out better. As these changes stand, I only see an improved Firewalker, a mediocre Chakram, nerfed Halos, and the same Divine Spears.

Considering the fact that nezha's warding halo has that invincibility effect upon breaking for survivability purposes, shouldn't rhino also be given this? Consider the fact that, with this reworked kit, nezha has far more survivability then rhino does.

I know rhino does have that aoe cc that can be spammed, but the range is still below average and the energy consumption to keep enemies under control is sometimes a bit too taxing.

That aside, this change does seem like an overall improvement to nezha's kit so I'm hoping to actually see more players give him the attention he deserves once this comes out.

1 minute ago, Hunt3rK11l3r said:

Considering the fact that nezha's warding halo has that invincibility effect upon breaking for survivability purposes, shouldn't rhino also be given this?

No, Nezha and Rhino are not the same warframe. Nezha has his benefits and detrements and so does Rhino. Giving one of them the same ability because the other one has it doesn't make any sense. Just because Loki has invisibility and Saryn does not, doesnt mean we should give Saryn invisibility to give her more survivability.

Health and shields are fine, no real issue there seeing as the whole idea is to be protected by the halo....

Fire Walker - Not sure how changing a channelled ability to a long duration (lets see what you class as long, I don't see 30 seconds which is the average duration for things as long) will make us use something more other than needing to press the button more often... you only have to look at limbo's nerf to duration on stasis to see what will happen, we'll still use it the same, we just press the button more often.  edit: actually this just sounds like volt sprint, just with flames instead of speed buff...yay I love spamming volt's 2 just to keep the ability active (yes this is sarcasm).

Blazing Chakram - while adding utility to the kit is a nice idea, I'm not sure the changes are going to make me want to use this ability anymore than I do now, which is pretty much never.   Teleport has always been hit and miss for me and if I want health back I have lots of easier ways to get it than slinging out my disc and then needing to kill the enemy...if I'm killing them anyway, why not just use a melee with a healing mod attached for example. 

Warding Halo - I'm not convinced that 90% damage mitigation is better than 100%....even with the other changes to the kit. 

While you use the argument for using things like health/energy conversion for the changes I just don't see how that would make this change better than the old version.  In the old version we had 100% mitigation of damage so we don't need really the extra armor from health conversion and energy conversion can be used anyway because the enemies will be dropping energy like normal (or I could just try and fit umbral intensify in instead).  So the change will basically mean that with the new version we can take damage so we can use more energy by trying to get a health orb via blazing chakram which will then be converted to 3x1 hit armor buffs which will basically bring it back close to the old 100% damage mitigation.... Honestly this seems like a rather convoluted change for no real benefit outside the few who might have access to specific arcanes. 

Equilibrium is here or there, if you have zenurik you'll likely have plenty of energy and if you're 100% protected like you are currently you're not going to need health either...

In all honesty I'd have rather the current version just had the ability to remove the halo so I can recast it or the ability to refresh it by pressing the button again.

Divine Spears - so is that actually stopping the second animation?

16 minutes ago, Yonm said:

To everyone complaining about the 90% damage reduction. Play Rhino. There's no point in making two frames with two kits that are almost functionally the same. 

CC scales a thousand times than flat damage absorption anyway. And since Nezha is actually taking health damage now he can actually benefit from health based mods such as Rage and Equilibrium along with armor based mods and arcanes like Grace and Guardian.

These are 100% good changes to his kit. He has much more build diversity, scales much better, and will probably be much more fun and engaging to play.

It's actually quite a large nerf to his overall EHP, and will probably kill the frame for me personally. His 3 already scaled with armor mods and still retaining the health based ring while not giving it 100% damage reduction is beyond ridiculous. While his kit needed some tweaking, ruining his survivability (he already had none past level 50) to make him a meh support frame at best will likely turn out to be a larger nerf than buff. 

2 minutes ago, Isis_ChanTM said:

It's actually quite a large nerf to his overall EHP, and will probably kill the frame for me personally. His 3 already scaled with armor mods and still retaining the health based ring while not giving it 100% damage reduction is beyond ridiculous. While his kit needed some tweaking, ruining his survivability (he already had none past level 50) to make him a meh support frame at best will likely turn out to be a larger nerf than buff. 

His survivabilty seems to have went up a LOT with the new Invincibilty after the ring explodes, cause to me it looks to me like you can just recast it during that time.

warding halo is a bad decision, i mean it will work on low lvl enemys and in the star chart but in the "endgame" you can cast warding halo all 3-5 seconds because youre limited with the hp of warding halo. Why not like Splinter Storm or like mesa's 3?

1 minute ago, Isis_ChanTM said:

That's not true. If you use Nezha just for his 3 then sure, it's a nerf. All together however, his kit has become much stronger, and his 2 augment is definitely worth looking at with the targeting changes on it to make it less clunky, and it's overall effectiveness as an ability skyrocketing with the buffs. Also, the shield giving you an invuln phase when it breaks down is incredibly good for nezha. His new 3 is definitely better than his current one.

These...all look like good changes. I hope that Rhino gets a pass at some point, considering the Nezha changes to warding halo(Mainly the stun when it's run out and the multiplier for incoming damage during invuln.) Only thing I'm iffy about is his armor isn't getting buffed, at least put his armor on par with rhino prime considering he has way less shields and is only getting damage reduction now instead of just an extra HP bar.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Damage absorption invulnerability phase now begins as soon as you cast the ability. Cast animation also sped up.

it would be nice/ special if this invulnerability phase was increased from what it is to 7 secs (unaffected by duration), so even though he has the damage reduction vs mitigation, he has a longer period of time than other frames, to a). build up more stacks of DR from enemy damage, and b). gain just a tiny bit of the mitigation back(an incredibly small amount of it) but still keep the kit that your planing for going forward.

1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

at least put his armor on par with rhino prime considering he has way less shields and is only getting damage reduction now instead of just an extra HP bar.

True, I feel like Rhino is so much easier to get than Nezha is and is a better tank. So at least buff his armor to be on par with or more than Rhino.

As an avid support player, I am very interested in these changes. When I first played Nezha, I thought the healing would be a little more substantial, and as was mentioned, it did not really benefit other players because of the small range. This turned out to be a huge disappointment to me, honestly. That left the damage immunity from Warding Halo, and the status clearing function of Fire Walker, both very potent. With that said, I would like to ask a few things. Some may not be able to be answered because of reasons, but I would like to throw them out there anyway.

Spoiler

Enemies hit by the disc are “marked” for a moddable duration, greatly increasing the damage they take from all sources. Marked enemies have a chance to drop energy orbs.

To clarify, the "marked" enemies will have a chance to drop the energy orbs when damaged from any source? Will the drop chance be changed with mods like Mag's Pull? I know that is not quite the same, but it is as good a comparison as any.

Killing enemies while they are marked will now produce healing orbs, instead of the current healing pulse.

I do like the orb idea, but I am concerned about the health pools in general. I know for me, Vitality is on 98% of builds, and a single health orb does not do a whole lot for that (generally ends up being around 700hp or so). Would that be considered at all?

Increased the number of targets the disc will try to hit before recalling

Is this number set? As in, is there a chance for this number to be changed by mods? I am imagining that the idea is to throw the Chakram into a crowd and see the debuffs propagate. That may be a little too powerful given the other changes, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Added a charged throw, causing the Chakram to fly straight forwards and backwards, dealing extra damage to enemies in its path.

This means that the recently added augment mod will be changed? (My wishful thinking is that it addresses previously mentioned concerns of health orb quantity and number of bounces.)

Warding Halo

Just a clarifying point here. It is not specifically mentioned in the notes and the .gif does not really show it, but I would assume this ability still restricts movement like it does currently?

Hitting a speared enemy with Blazing Chakram produces a second Chakram, which fires at a nearby enemy.

The split will only occur once, I assume? I can just see a bunch of chakrams being spawned and just messing up FPS, but it would certainly be a sight to see. 

Overall, I really like the pacing changes and can't wait to try out everything.

Archived