Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

(Brief aside: as a Nezha main, I was originally skeptical of the 90% damage resistance change, and I suspect many readers will be skeptical too.

nnnn MTE

but I am kinda glad it got a rework since I wanted one
Honestly..I kinda dont likethat Fire Walker is Timer based now..but I guess it wont be much of a problem if the timer is longer than 15 secs normally..

Cant wait to play the Deluxe Skin!

Good Job~!

I like the sound of all of these changes except for changing Halo from overhealth to damage resistance. Frankly it was nice having a frame with a speedy alternative to Rhino's style of tanking, and we've already got a speedy 90% DR frame in Nova, so this feels like a loss of playstyle diversity. Other than that, I like what I'm seeing for this rework.

Also please rework Wukong from the ground up next! Please remember him, I know he's easy to forget. Functional immortality doesn't justify the rest of his kit being intrinsically boring as sin to counter-balance it, especially when we've got plenty of functionally immortal frames with interesting kits, and one that can even share that functional immortality with the rest of the squad.

All of it sounds good... but I'm really disappointed that the completely useless area effect damage on Warding Halo isn't being addressed. Something either needs to be done with it or it needs to be removed since it serves no useful purpose.

I'd say remove the heal from blazing chakram and make it so you get x% of warding halo's hp back per hit from it. No range, no burst, no pickups or explosion. You just heal all halos per hit. Yes, ally halos too. Make it so that blazing chakram can bounce between boss parts (not only eidolons i mean future bosses too). Or just turn this into an augment for his blazing chakram. It doesn't feel like he needs to be a healer since he is able to protect his allies from the incoming damage. 

These suggested changes are fantastic. Nezha is my second favorite frame (first being Atlas) and I love playing him whenever I can. I do have one suggestion for what you have proposed, however, and I hope you will consider it.

I like the idea of Nezha's Warding Halo getting a 90% damage reduction, however, being that it is still health-based, it will still get eaten up quickly by basic units in level 80-100 missions, such as Grineer Lancers who do around 50-60 damage per bullet in bursts, and Butchers who do around 350 damage per swing at that level, and to say nothing of bombards, who will nuke many frames in a single rocket. This problem is amplified the more units in an area there are. Thus, in an effort to increase the longevity of Warding Halo without needing to dedicate yourself to just this ability to stay alive in higher-level missions, I would like to propose that Warding Halo be given a damage reduction factor to it's health based on the number of hits you have taken recently, that would decay over time. Smaller hits would increase this damage reduction slightly (such as those from a kraken-wielding Grineer), while heavy hits increase the damage reduction even more (such as rockets or detron crewmen blasts). 

What this would accomplish is increasing the flexibility of builds and variety of builds at high level content, such as sorties, kuva floods, and elite sanctuary onslaught, while still providing adequate protection that scales with the difficulty of the content you are doing. I think a cap of 50% reduction to incoming damage to Warding Halo would be fair, IMO, but you have the tools to test such an idea, whereas I don't, so I cannot say for certain. I do believe that this would be a good change overall in addition to the changes listed above.

Thank you so much for giving ring boy some much needed attention!

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Doesn't it stagger melee range enemies?

I wasn't aware of that, but the wiki does confirm that. But let's be honest, that's really useless between the fact that Fire Walker will stagger things and the fact that Nezha is a hyper mobile frame who is designed to get away from enemies, not stand around. It would be useful if he was slow.

As a heavy nezha player this is sounding mostly positive for his changes i think his spears should have a damage over time effect like bleed since it is a massive spear poking thru the enemy but otherwise it all seems fine

the health buff is awesome i felt like nezha is more of a melee based frame with lots of cc to get him out of bad situations but he struggled with that loki like health

Nezha was the last frame that could heal objectives by making him drop health orbs we lose that also what does this mean for his augment?

Hope his one has like 30 seconds or better duration at base going fast is what makes nezha one of the funnest frames

was kinda hoping y'all would add the never ending spin of glaive bug we used to be able to do into his 3rd ability somehow have his disc spin in a circle around him dealing damage

but seriously upcoming weeks? another primed soon

Also thank you, thank you, thank you for buffing my 2nd or 3rd favorite frame

I don't like the change of his 3 and of his 2 in the case of the healing

I would prefer a full halo which can get up back when you kill enemies affected by nezhas 2.

Now to be viable (because of synergies etc.) nezha needs

Duration for his 1 and 4, strength for his 3 (his 4 will always be a CC in higher levels). At least 100% range but more would be really useful. But he also needs health, armor and rage/maybe qt. 

So in my opinion you need at least Vitality, steel fiber, stretch, (primed) continuity, intensify, hunter adrenaline, flow/fleeting expertise/streamline 

If you want to give the halo to your allies too that are all slots except the exilus... 

If you really want to give nezha a damage reduction also make halo duration based... 

But the solution you are presenting looks really awful to me... 

90% damage reduction !? No, it can not be. Nezha is one of my favorite warframes mainly because it is invincible, it gives me the option to use it in practically all missions, go to daily exits and receive 0 damage, now, I have to stay in a static place controlling not to take damage, what nonsense ! I hope I'm wrong, I could not stand such nonsense, I've dedicated almost all my game to that warframe and now they want to ruin it.

I like this, only thing I can think of is Blazing Chakrum probably sitting in the useless tier in terms of its damage output. I understand that it has become more of a primer for killing than a killing tool in itself, but I am hungry for an exalted glaive. 

Maybe have it scale with melee mods? Or, or, what if it scaled with the damage you have absorbed with Warding Halo? That could be an interesting point of synergy. (or both? Maybe? No? Okay...) 

Edit: The "why" additions are a very nice touch, it helps a lot to know what you are aiming for when making a change so we know where to give feedback to. This is a massive problem with Revenant at the moment, because we have no idea what you (DE) want from Revenant the communities feedback is all over the place. 

Making "why" additions in more posts, not just reworks, would add a ton of clarity and make it much easier to give feedback. 

Archived