Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prevent Bubble based abilities being removed by nullifier fields

Jax_Cavalera

You're relying way too heavily on Magnetize.

Reconsider your strategy when it comes to fighting enemies with Mag. Use the counter pulse augment. Crush the enemies for CC. Throw a slash glaive directly into the Nullifier. Bring out the lesion.

Your struggles with Mag staying alive is from your over reliance on that single ability. 

It isn't a struggle keeping myself alive, but keeping an objective alive in the scenarios previously outlined.

I would always peference pull over crush since it has longer lasting CC, costs less to use and doesn't prevent me moving etc during cast.

The armor removal from that augment is pointless since it works out more effective to cast shield polarize.. which removes armor once shields are gone and also can be cast in the air so you get a mobility bonus.

The main use for magnetize is to protect objectives in a similar way as the other frames previously mentioned use their bubble abilities to do so (excluding vaub he is a little different.)

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

I use Frost in defence missions and tbh I've never had a problem with nullifiers. I can see them coming from miles away and go kill them quick.

If they do manage to get close enough to take my globe down then I just kill them fast and throw up another globe.

@Wolfways The same is true for mag etc as well, until you get a tileset where the nullie field clips through geometry colliding with your ability bubble.  If you have no line of sight on the nullie, you are shooting blind at best (assuming ur weaps have punch through) and when it is high stakes end game .. it only takes a few hits on the objective to sink your battleship so that kind of downtime due to a nullie field glitch is unacceptable.

Mag is a starter frame so there is the expectation she should be more capable of handling the diverse mission types if players do not have room for spare frames and have invested in that starter with forma etc. There's no reason players should have to pay to win so using a starter frame through till end game content is a very reasonable expectation.

On 2018-09-10 at 2:02 PM, Jax_Cavalera said:

I use mag for defense as well as it is one of the tasks she excels at. Not many frames have an ability that generates a bubble that will be insta-removed the second a nullifier field clips it.

The only frames I'm aware of are Frost, Mag, Limbo, Nyx, Gara and Vauban. A significant minority out of the total 36 warframes available. Yes nullifiers affect all warframes in the game, that's not the point to this topic.

The issue here is that the select few frames who generate bubbles or similar abilities for defensive purposes against ranged attacks, get removed upon contact with nullifiers destroying their utility as a warframe in some cases completely.

The proposed solution being to keep those abilities active upon contact with the nullifier field and instead just having enemies inside the field immune to any effects of the ability while they are in contact with each-other.

i really like that. OP's idea extended to all bubble-type abilities.

"anything inside a nullifying field isn't affected by the effects of an intersecting bubble-type ability, without outright dispelling the bubble ability". plain and simple.

nullifiers are still a threat, without rendering certain abilities completely useless.

On 2018-09-10 at 5:36 PM, Jax_Cavalera said:

It isn't a struggle keeping myself alive, but keeping an objective alive in the scenarios previously outlined.

I would always peference pull over crush since it has longer lasting CC, costs less to use and doesn't prevent me moving etc during cast.

The armor removal from that augment is pointless since it works out more effective to cast shield polarize.. which removes armor once shields are gone and also can be cast in the air so you get a mobility bonus.

The main use for magnetize is to protect objectives in a similar way as the other frames previously mentioned use their bubble abilities to do so (excluding vaub he is a little different.)

I have to disagree that pull is the better cc. A ranged crush will not only overshield the squad, its cc is radial.

On Mot I rely on 4,2,4/weapons because of that wide knockdown. That can’t be achieved by pull’s cone and small radius around Mag. 

Unless you are pulling in all directions, there may be a blind spot that causes your objective to be damaged. I do use greedy pull for fun especially in defense types as it grabs energy orbs. 

These suggestions may require zenurik dash ,energy pads, and a build that has fleeting exp+ streamline but these aren’t hard to get at all. 

Not to mention pull has a passive of dragging more energy from mobs. Maybe on console it is harder to use pull vs crush, not something i can really speak to. Pull does have better range than crush and it synergizes with magnetize dealing boosted dmg to affected mobs.

The thing they have in common though.. mobs inside a nullie field are immune to their effects which I like as it encourages usage of more from her kit. Which works fine in a lot of scenarios but not all hence the adjustment proposed.