Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove spy from sorties please

Fallosssss

While I'm not fond of the mission type, I'm sure the other part of "most people" love it since it's faster than many mission types you can encounter in sorties. Plus they're far from being a pain, unless you're masochistic enough to PUG'em.

10 minutes ago, Fallosssss said:

Spy is the pane. Most people hate it. It aslo toxic as S#&$. People who like spy may play it as separate mission.

Just remove this ass pane from sorties please this is most annoying thing in the game.

Spy is awesome. You hate it. You are probably toxic when you play spy missions. People who don't like spy missions may avoid Sorties when there are spy missions.

It is a fun and easy game mode, any spy mission may be easily performed using any warframe and any weapons, the missions are much faster than almost any other Sortie mission, and they are 100% solo-friendly if I want to avoid toxic players.

Sorties are meant to test your skills and gear, while Uranus and Kuva are difficult they're not impossible, spy is by far my favourite because I can cheese most in under 5 minutes with my Limbo speed build, specially corpus ones. If you think they're a pain I'm going to assume you're one of those players who rushed the starchart using others help and join sorties with Excalibur and Boltor or something.

Also obligatory 'git gud' , seriously, each faction has only about 6 vaults to remember, run some regular spy missions and memorize them and you'll be good

As someone on the forums once said: "Git Gud? Git Gud!"

Seriously Spy is easy AF and the fastest mission type besides capture and maybe rescue. if you wana waste half an hour in survival and defense sorties, be my guest I'll take spy any day of the week over those!

43 minutes ago, Fallosssss said:

Spy is the pane. Most people hate it. It aslo toxic as S#&$. People who like spy may play it as separate mission.

Just remove this ass pane from sorties please this is most annoying thing in the game.

No.

6a2.jpg

1 hour ago, Fallosssss said:

I rarely do sorties. I especially don't do Spy sorties...because...the auto-hack cypher is disabled, and, that's me well and truly effed!

However, I run regular spy missions in the star chart all the time, and, I do them solo...they are a good way to level-up weapons/gear pdq. Anyhoo, using Ivara + Infiltrate + auto-hack cypher, for me, is my preferred modus operandi.

But, that's me. YMMV

Cheers!

4 hours ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

I rarely do sorties. I especially don't do Spy sorties...because...the auto-hack cypher is disabled, and, that's me well and truly effed!

However, I run regular spy missions in the star chart all the time, and, I do them solo...they are a good way to level-up weapons/gear pdq. Anyhoo, using Ivara + Infiltrate + auto-hack cypher, for me, is my preferred modus operandi.

But, that's me. YMMV

Cheers!

You don't know how to hack...?

5 hours ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

But, that's me. YMMV

Cheers!

IIRC there is a site with a warframe hacking minigame where you can train your hacking skills. Back in the day I never used ciphers and LoR and JV sharpened my reflexes even further but that's just me.

I used to have a 4 second average cipher time once... and then playing while eating and hacking while looking at my food happened XD

6 hours ago, Fallosssss said:

Meh. If I fail one or two with a group, I just solo. Isn't too bad. The thing about spy missions is a) learning how to hack and doing it quickly and b) understanding each tileset. Once you practice them enough and get used to them, it's a no brainer.

I had one Grineer room that I could never get. I ended up getting that room and stood by and told my team "hey I don't know this room, can someone help?" No flame, guy came and helped and then I asked him to show me the path. His did, I learned, easy peasy. 

I also used to be terribad at Corpus, then I watched a video that simply said "match the outer points first" - never had issue again. 

It's all about practice. Once you can do them without much issue, take any spy frame with max duration and go solo if you're getting bad teams.

Sorry you've had a bad time!

I personally very much like Spy missions, and believe most of them tend to become fairly easy to veterans. The main issue with them is that they tend to be unreliable to complete in groups, because there's always the risk someone else might mess up and fail the whole mission. In cases like those, the best course of action is to run them solo, and if that is something you cannot complete reliably, then it is a skill to train.

22 hours ago, EDM774 said:

IIRC there is a site with a warframe hacking minigame where you can train your hacking skills. Back in the day I never used ciphers and LoR and JV sharpened my reflexes even further but that's just me.

I used to have a 4 second average cipher time once... and then playing while eating and hacking while looking at my food happened XD

Yeah, thanks for that. I looked into it ages ago, but, with a mixture of stiff finger joints, lag, more lag, and even more lag, it did not work out. So, when I got my hands on the auto-hack device, that's what works for me!

Cheers!