Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So will duel wielding one handed melee and one handed secondary come with melee 3.0?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

53 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Why stop at dual wielding one handed items? Why can't I dual wield my Phantasma and Gram? Better yet, why only a gun and melee weapon? With Gram Prime maybe coming around soon, why can't I just go Momon on those heckers with two swords?

I want to dual wield galatines.

To add a little more fairness, only secondary weapons that are one handed and with no secondary fire, ofc MB1 fires the left arm sidearm and the secondary fire button(we will have zoom) or MB2(we won't have any zoom) will fire the right arm sidearm. I think this would balance things out, as for power creep vs mobs? bish please..... it's not pvp and it's not hidden behind a paywall(real money)

4 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Why stop at dual wielding one handed items? Why can't I dual wield my Phantasma and Gram? Better yet, why only a gun and melee weapon? With Gram Prime maybe coming around soon, why can't I just go Momon on those heckers with two swords?

you need guts for that lol

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Mmm that would be awesome, I could run around and RP Pyro.

"They call me the scorcher!"

Runs of with an evil villain laughter echoing in the background,

Lmfaooo

Oooh, or Atomos and Synoid Gammacor!  

16 hours ago, Rayden_Tenno said:

I wholeheartly agree with this. As much combos as possible. Powercreep means S#&$ in this game. We’re already too much powerfuland i dont care. We’re meant to be one man army. And as such we should be.

Then DE should just stop making Warframe and move to something else. They have to care about power creep. It being primarily PvE doesn't change that fact. Having access to every combined element at once with near infinite range isn't going to happen. You don't care but DE has to care.

Personally I'd just like to be able to equip any weapon in any slot, let me go with 3 primaries, 3 secondaries, 3 melee, or any combination of the above, it'd be fun.

Anyone else wants Dual Polearms after the 2 Handed Nikana coming with melee 3.0? No? Just me? Okay.

20 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Nikana is considered two handed unfortunately. But yes something similar. So more like Broken War and Lex or Destreza and Vasto. 

Tranquil Cleave is one handed stance, Blind justice is reverse grip one handed stance,

a katana's weight is in the range of ~1.5kg/ 3.3lbs, that is one handed sword,
The blade length is around 75cm/ 29 inches, considered short for a single handed sword.

Just the length of the tsuka/handle is considered long, around 25cm/ 9.8 inches to accommodate two handed grip,

you can use a katana one handed.

Since all Nikana stances are iai stances meaning all attacks begin with "cutting from drawing sword" (iaigiri) and ends with sheathing.
the non-master hand has to be on the saya/scabbard.The first cut is always performed one handed.

Dual wield might see the Nikana drawn out when activated.

On 2018-09-09 at 7:10 PM, peterc3 said:

Then DE should just stop making Warframe and move to something else. They have to care about power creep. It being primarily PvE doesn't change that fact. Having access to every combined element at once with near infinite range isn't going to happen. You don't care but DE has to care.

Well they will make it so you can use melee and secondary at the same time. That will be op af too. Akstiletto prime/akboltor prime/aklex prime with zaw/nikana/war/skiakati. Damn..

36 minutes ago, Rayden_Tenno said:

Well they will make it so you can use melee and secondary at the same time. That will be op af too. Akstiletto prime/akboltor prime/aklex prime with zaw/nikana/war/skiakati. Damn..

No matter the range on those melee weapons, even the range of Glaives, it is not the same thing as 2 fully modded Secondary guns.

On 2018-09-08 at 10:19 PM, Minatos_Gordem said:

My concern as well aside from how absurdly OP we'd become. Automatic, semi, duplex, and charged secondaries would all have a hard time mixing. Also if you mix two secondaries with alternate fires which one gets to go off? Both? And if you pick two charged/semi-auto secondaries with drastically different fire rate do you have to wait for one to fire to be able to fire the other one again? It just seems to make things complicated.

Exactly. Its not just a visual thing...if it were, it might not be a big deal.

But as you say, most weapons have different modes of fire, rates of fire, reload times, ranges, accuracy, ammo characteristics etc. All of which would require some pretty fancy coding to make mixed secondaries work.

In any case, purely from an aesthetic point of view, I prefer identical dual-wield weapons. I'm perfectly happy with my Aklex and Akmagnus (and hopefully soon Akstiletto).

Edited by FlusteredFerret

as much as I would like it, it'd be a nightmare mixing two different trigger types. easiest solution would be to make everything continue firing with the trigger held, essentially a full-auto trigger, but without affecting the fire rate of the weapons. then there's secondary fire like Euphona prime to think about, and what about single pistols with buffs (Arca Scisco and Knell)? honestly it's a lot of effort to go to just to increase our cool-factor.

besides, I personally enjoy the symmetrical look of wielding two identical pistols. symmetry looks dope, even the Orokin knew this.