Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Far From The Objective

PrawiSucia

Just now, PrawiSucia said:

We can collect loot after the wave is cleared. Not when enemies still attacking the objective.

What kind of defence missions are you on about, I'm assuming with your focus on protecting the point you must be speaking of Sortie defences where the operative likes to walk around with level 65-100 mobs out for his blood.

Some times players just want to hallway hero it out of affinity range and with no way to see the def target while spreading loot all over the map. I may leave depending on the tileset or I'll stand near them away from the def target as well to get the affinity and loot easier, these types never go long into missions so you can usually also ignore the def target

16 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

actually, loot can disappear over time, so you won't be flooded by the resources & ammo on the ground

But the mission is to protect the objective, not leave it.

17 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

What kind of defence missions are you on about, I'm assuming with your focus on protecting the point you must be speaking of Sortie defences where the operative likes to walk around with level 65-100 mobs out for his blood.

just defense mission in general

1 hour ago, PrawiSucia said:

just defense mission in general

As it's been said already:

2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

loot can disappear over time

However, I'll say this now, outside of endurance runs and sortie defence mission. Casual runs in Helene, IO, Hydron. Etc a single person can defend the point if they put some effort into it. Having all 4 players going all out is overkill.

A very good example is what happened to me in Hydron today, I went there to re-level my Hydroid Prime, I took the Ignis Wraith with me so I could just burn everything down, however there was a Equinox and a Saryn there together, I tried to kill but between them they had 95% of the damage and kills. After 5 waves of trying, I asked "You guys mind if i stop trying and just run around and loot all the things?" They gave me the green light to just be a vacuum all the things until wave 20.

The point being: You don't always need all 4 going all out in casual defence missions.

TLDR: If the defence target isn't dying, why care. Sounds to me you're wasting effort and bytes posting about it.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

14 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

However, I'll say this now, outside of endurance runs and sortie defence mission. Casual runs in Helene, IO, Hydron. Etc a single person can defend the point if they put some effort into it. Having all 4 players going all out is overkill.

That's exactly what I was gonna reply XD But Imma say it anyway :3

1 hour ago, PrawiSucia said:

I didn't say the opposite, but one person can easily defend the objective by themselves while the other 3 are picking up the resources, & then reverse the roles, like I dunno, every wave maybe? Seems fair to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯:

-1st wave, 2 defends while 2 are killing random enemies & picking up the loot

-2nd wave, reverse the roles

-repeat, groffit; at least that's for people that don't how to play defense missions, I personally do even sortie defenses solo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

10 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

But the enemies will come to the objective. You can kill them and the loot won't be too far away from it. I often having a hard time protecting the objective alone while everyone else doing their things somewhere else. Especially in high level mission.

Sounds to me that you're using the wrong weapon / warframe for the job. As it's been said already defending the point can easily be done by 1 person, assuming they've kitted themselves out correctly and not gone in with full levelling gear expecting to be carried.

Define "High level mission" for us

In a regular mission I really don't care what people do I just want it done as efficiently as possible and if you can manage that from half a map away more power to ya. 

However if I'm trying to get a thing leveled, it is irritating beyond belief, because it tanks group affinity. I guess I can kinda see it as being irritation on the loot side for newer players for whom the pickups are still very important. Especially if they still have to pick things up by hand sans Vacuum. 

Tho in some degree of fairness you can't really expect anything from anyone if your joining a public group. 

24 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

But the enemies will come to the objective. You can kill them and the loot won't be too far away from it. I often having a hard time protecting the objective alone while everyone else doing their things somewhere else. Especially in high level mission.

An important thing to remember is that defense missions are the kind of missions that players can control the speed of progression. Players want the waves to go as fast as possible; if it feels too slow or there's no frames to influence the speed of the waves going out there to kill them is usually the best thing to do at that moment.

Edited by NekroArts

12 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Sounds to me that you're using the wrong weapon / warframe for the job. As it's been said already defending the point can easily be done by 1 person, assuming they've kitted themselves out correctly and not gone in with full levelling gear expecting to be carried.

Define "High level mission" for us

Even though having a hard time, I get the job done. But exhausting. In my experience, it is easier when everyone stays around the obj. You get group affinity, loots, kills without having to go far away. And it's faster. High level mission is literally high level. 40+

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

In a regular mission I really don't care what people do I just want it done as efficiently as possible and if you can manage that from half a map away more power to ya. 

However if I'm trying to get a thing leveled, it is irritating beyond belief, because it tanks group affinity. I guess I can kinda see it as being irritation on the loot side for newer players for whom the pickups are still very important. Especially if they still have to pick things up by hand sans Vacuum. 

Tho in some degree of fairness you can't really expect anything from anyone if your joining a public group. 

I don't care either. I just don't understand why.

3 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

It's probably best if you just don't try to understand why people do things. You'll probably end up burning more braincells trying to figure out why they did the thing than they did in the process of doing the actual thing.

17 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

Even though having a hard time, I get the job done. But exhausting. In my experience, it is easier when everyone stays around the obj. You get group affinity, loots, kills without having to go far away. And it's faster. High level mission is literally high level. 40+

40+ is still highly manageable.

(Sorties even are still quite manageable even when maxing out over 100)

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

14 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

I noticed you like the play Saryn, she can easily handle level 120+ solo with zero issues. I personally use her in Zones 8-16 ESO with an Ignis Wraith I could easily compare her to a hot knife slicing through butter. I'll even share my build, which btw doesn't require a single forma (used 1 forma to change the aura) however needs a few if you want to min/max it:

Quick how to guide:
Press 1 on a thing, kill it, watch your spores spread quickly and clear the wave within seconds. 
Repeat for 20 waves.
[optional] Press 4 to hear her scream.

UHV4OY0.jpg