Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

split equinox modding

Jorn__

5 minutes ago, Jorn__ said:

or just building for both which isnt really ideal (for me  at least)

They aren't going to have one frame get special treatment because it isn't ideal to deal with it.

Thematically, she is two sides of a coin. Mechanically, she is still one and the same coin.

what? u mean only things that are broken needs to change?

and how is it not practical? for late builds i would find it quite usefull.

but by how this is going it does not look like it will change, since in order to change this, there would be a need for more people wanting it to change.

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

If you had what you want, what would be your differences in modding the seperate forms?

as an example, modding for range and efficency in night / power and eff in day. it makes a larger difference then one might think. (just as an example)

1 hour ago, Jorn__ said:

modding for range and efficency in night / power and eff in day.

So you'd get Spider Equinox and Maim Equinox in the same mission. That seems a little too strong in my books. Equinox's strength is in her versatility. Being able to minmax in two directions at once goes against Equinkx's design and may, as Roadle above us said, warrant a nerf to the base frame to balance her.

On 2018-09-08 at 7:03 PM, Leqesai said:

Quite simply this is just not practical. Nor is it balanced. Equinox is already top tier. Don't try fixing what isn't broken.

Ya, a top tier 2 trick pony you mean. All that equinox has is maim (day 4) and sleep (night 2). Every single other of her abilities outright sucks or isn't practical, or isn't practical without the augment.

We have provoke-quinox, ability strength booster, but if you're going to bring an equinox just to boost someone elses strength then what are you even doing.

You have pacify-quinox, a supposed "damage reduction" (to enemies) debuff that outright sucks, and then is just bootleg slowva with the augment.

So yes equinox is great... at like 2 things. Guess who else is good at 2 things or less? Nyx with CC and invincibility, Nezha with speed and moderate tankiness, revenant with mesmer skin as defense and danse macabre as moderate nuking(costs too much energy now though), Chroma with just his 2 and 3 buffs (granted they are good but total ignore of his other 2 abilities).

And then we have equinox with CC and nuking. What do a these frames have in common? They're all scheduled for a rework eventually. Granted I do think all the frames I listed above should be looked at before Equinox, but after all of them Equinox should at least be 5th on the list.

Equinox is bland, for a duality frame that supposedly has 8 abilities(if you count both versions of metamorphasis) its sad to see only a quarter of the frames abilities being worthwhile to use.

I use equinox for the 80% slow to everything in a 30m radius. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Using rest on them works great and popping 3 for health is also nice.

Only real problem is that her 1 is pretty useless outside of swapping forms.

Day form with the power boost, rage and maim is pretty great as well.

Just becaise you feel she is a 2 trick pony doesn't necessarily mean she is. I don't see her that way and use multiple abilities across 3 very different loadouts with 3 very different builds with her.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I use equinox for the 80% slow to everything in a 30m radius. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Using rest on them works great and popping 3 for health is also nice.

Only real problem is that her 1 is pretty useless outside of swapping forms.

Day form with the power boost, rage and maim is pretty great as well.

Just becaise you feel she is a 2 trick pony doesn't necessarily mean she is. I don't see her that way and use multiple abilities across 3 very different loadouts with 3 very different builds with her.

I agree that pacify with the augment is good, but why does it NEED to have the augment to become remotely good? Also even then it is still bootleg slowva, it requires a completely seperate build to do something that a slowva could do and more.

The day booster for strength is "ok", but its overrated, if you're going to boost a nuker frames strength, why not just bring a maim equinox instead to also nuke, same can be said with any other thing you're boosting, if you're going to boost an oberon for more heals, why not just bring your own healing frame. Its another dedicated build that makes both pacify too expensive and maim not rangey enough.

With rage im not sure if you are actually pointing out day form 2, but it is definitely not "good", it requires you to spam 2 down hallways and AGAIN requires a seperate build with range and strength to work properly. This ability is definitely just a worse version of speedva.

Also mends cast animation is too slow for a healing ability to be viable (you or your teammates would die by the time you noticed them hurting, then try to cast mend)

Equinox is in a good place right now, unlike Ember, Nezha, Vauban and Nyx for one. Rather DE fix them before Equinox changes, and I think this would only make Equinox overpowered, like Saryn level, and then a lot of people would cry for nerfs and rightly so.

Volt is a good example of one frame having 3 or more viable builds: speed, shield and discharge. They are all wanted in their areas too, speed in relic captures and exterminates, shield in tridolon, and discharge in ESO. Yet Volt cannot do all these things very effectively with the same build. Speed Volt hybridied with discharge would result in both speed, damage, range and duration loss because of compromises. It wouldn't be fair if Equinox could use two builds at one time because of that.

On 2018-09-08 at 10:31 PM, Jorn__ said:

would it not be cool if they split equinox day/night form in modding? so one could build seperatly in each form to make it fit the form better, instead of always staying in 1 form to fit your mods.

Erm, the way builds work is you build it around an ability and/or tank, I've figured out a pretty useful Equinox build that Allows me to utilise the following:

Mend (4 Night form)
Main (4 Day form)
Pacify (3 Night form)
Provoke (3 Day form)

I have a second build that is based around:

Metamorphosis (1)
Rest (2 Night form)
Rage (2 Day form)

If you want the builds let me know and i'll PM them to you so you can take a look. 

I think Equinox needs some minor changes.  I wouldn't say splitting it into two separate frames for modding though.  It seems to me that she just needs some changes that will encourage building for both aspects.  I created a thread ages ago to that effect.  Link below if anyone is interested in the ideas.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/921833-qol-tweaks-to-improve-equinox/

No, you can already build equinox base on both night & day aspect, I may show 1 of my builds if you want, according if you just want to follow the farm in starchart, or if you love to go for higher levels

Edited by Soketsu

• 2 weeks later...

So with exalted weapons how they are now I don't see why this wouldn't be possible HOWEVER equinox doesn't need this Max range maim builds will already absolutely wreck face and can literally by it's self mean that equinox is pretty much guaranteed to do at least 50% of the party's damage if all four players stay near each other just by virtue of basically copying everyone else's damage with out requiring the equinox player to fire their gun even once. Maim also scales with enemy HP so it it literally always viable and the faster your allies put out damage the faster you build power and nuke everything. Combine that with a sleepquinox druation/range build being the best focus farm in the game and equinox is already well worth her salt and firmly a top teir frame as it stands right now. Letting us combine both of those top tier builds at the same time honestly is just overkill.

Edited by TheKazz91