Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon and Sentinel Special Slots

Jackel7

An random idea for both weapons and sentinels what if weapons had an attachment mod slot similar to the ones for warframes? And Sentinels had a Aura slot? For weapons the attachment slot could have a gear symbol and possible mods for this slot could be Stabilizer, Hush/Suppress, Quick Draw and Fast hands. And possible Sentinel Aura mods Coolant Leak, Fired Up, Self Destruct, Spare Parts.

Bonus: random weapon(s) idea: Infested Corinth and Infested bolt action sniper ( like the Vectis) and Dex Boar and kunai

• 4 weeks later...

Your idea is unbalanced, and while I do not think you have any bad intensions, you are trying to break what "balances" weapon modding. Newer players incorrecrly assume that the mod capacity (i.e. the mod drain) is the limiting factor on mods, which while true while ranking it up, is untrue when the weapon is maxed. In the case of exilus, DE noted during it's creation that it was a power bump, but decided that since they can restrict the power bump to mobility and that they wanted the players to be more mobile, they decided that the power bump was acceptable. 

You want a gun-exilus mod. Any gun that needs such a mod either needs to be buffed or you need to use the mod system as is to trade damage for other usability requirements. That is not to say that mods could not be better, but blatant power creep is foolish.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love more mod space for my weapons. But an extra mod slot for weapons would be a bit unbalancing for regular gameplay. there aren't a lot of mods that could to turn into 'weapon exilus' mods and remain balanced. most all of them can have a pretty big impact depending on the weapon/build, including the ones you listed as examples.

Personally, I don't think it'd hurt if they gave us a slot for the mods that are usable in both regular gameplay and conclave. (I.e. extra zoom, reduced recoil, silenced, ext.). As long as it doesn't affect weapon damage, I see no harm in it. I'd hardly call allowing extra zoom without sacrificing damage powercreep.