Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

223 or 423 for second amp?

Kebast

Question

The combination follows the same patern as builds, riven mods, weapon&warframe composition, the decision is always yours because it's the only one that will work.

The amps are combinations of utility based attacks, you have to decide based on your own gameplay (requires gameplay) so that the amp is a combination suited to you and you alone.

You do not play our game and while may some say 444 because 4 is higher then 3, you have to think by yourself if the utility makes sense, otherwise you'll complain, you will regreat the choices made by others and you'll waste time trying.

If you had this mentality since you made your 1st weapon build, then i don't know why would you stop now to copy an amp composition, because that won't lead anywhere.

413 (Rahn Prism, Pencha Scaffold, Lohrin Brace)

Combine with Madurai and Void Strike and an organised team to co-ordinate your Pencha shots to take down shields in a single shot. Then when you're out of Void Strike, use your main fire to take out the Vomvalysts, but ONLY when you're out of Void Strike

Edited by Stormandreas

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

The combination follows the same patern as builds, riven mods, weapon&warframe composition, the decision is always yours because it's the only one that will work.

The amps are combinations of utility based attacks, you have to decide based on your own gameplay (requires gameplay) so that the amp is a combination suited to you and you alone.

You do not play our game and while may some say 444 because 4 is higher then 3, you have to think by yourself if the utility makes sense, otherwise you'll complain, you will regreat the choices made by others and you'll waste time trying.

If you had this mentality since you made your 1st weapon build, then i don't know why would you stop now to copy an amp composition, because that won't lead anywhere.

This was zero help, but thanks anyway

7 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

413 (Rahn Prism, Pencha Scaffold, Lohrin Brace)

Combine with Madurai and Void Strike and an organised team to co-ordinate your Pencha shots to take down shields in a single shot. Then when you're out of Void Strike, use your main fire to take out the Vomvalysts, but ONLY when you're out of Void Strike

I've already got the pencha, just without the crit brace. Is it really much different with the Lohrin? I haven't quite finished out void strike yet, but I'm working on it. 

Is this for Eidolons? If yes, the 223 I like the best: prism for clearing voms, and scaffold for taking down shields. For general use, really anything you want. I like the 333 for kuva clouds (auto aims right for the clouds, can't remember if it goes through walls anymore since rework). I'm having a blast with the 443 since it's rapid fire with a neat homing disc. I also have a 123 which is surprisingly strong since the raplak got buffed and gets crazy headshots with Virtous Strike arcane.

7 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Is this for Eidolons? If yes, the 223 I like the best: prism for clearing voms, and scaffold for taking down shields. For general use, really anything you want. I like the 333 for kuva clouds (auto aims right for the clouds, can't remember if it goes through walls anymore since rework). I'm having a blast with the 443 since it's rapid fire with a neat homing disc. I also have a 123 which is surprisingly strong since the raplak got buffed and gets crazy headshots with Virtous Strike arcane.

Sorry, yes my biggest priority is Eilodon hunting. Seems like there's several good options :). 

Just now, Kebast said:

Sorry, yes my biggest priority is Eilodon hunting. Seems like there's several good options :). 

Ah ok, there sure is! I also really like the 323 for Hydrolyst hunts while using PUGs. Reason is the scaffold is handy when the squad is good and you have Void Strike charges, but if you need distance (like as Trinity), the grenade launcher can still contribute while the scaffold clears voms. It's a little bit more versatile than the almost completely short-range 223 option I mentioned.

59 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

444 is a bad omen in Japanese culture

55 minutes ago, Kebast said:

This was zero help, but thanks anyway

It will actually help you on the long term, makes you a better player, it's more rewarding and saves time with questions that are regarding basic mechanics such as "what's better"

However it is common for players to dismiss actual help, when that happens i simply move along because the player simply isn't interested in knowing what's better. I only try once, i never waste much time when the player lacks potential even on the most basic stuff.

Edited by KIREEK

43 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

It will actually help you on the long term, makes you a better player, it's more rewarding and saves time with questions that are regarding basic mechanics such as "what's better"

However it is common for players to dismiss actual help, when that happens i simply move along because the player simply isn't interested in knowing what's better. I only try once, i never waste much time when the player lacks potential even on the most basic stuff.

But you just spit nonsense with zero intelligent discussion. You are the worst type of internet troll 

7 hours ago, Kebast said:

I've already got the pencha, just without the crit brace. Is it really much different with the Lohrin? I haven't quite finished out void strike yet, but I'm working on it. 

Generally yes. The Pencha has pretty decent crit chance, and with the Lohrin you boost that, as well with the right arcanes.

Primarily what you want to be doing is one shotting the shields. Pencha has the highest single hit damage of all Amp parts, so boosting it just goes further than the other parts.

6 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Sorry but there is such a thing as Stats. The hard stats, numbers, and field practice do disprove what your saying. There are optimal setups for things in WF, with ASPECTS of peoples personal playstyle. E.g. you'd never not use Serration, Split Chamber and Vigilant Armaments because they provide so much to a weapon that it's stupid not to take them.

Same goes with amps. You wouldn't take the 1st prism because its stats just aren't good in comparison to other options, regardless of what you're doing.

Edited by Stormandreas

I'm basically in the same boat here. I have a 212 and am building a 223. I love the Shwaak Prism, but the Pencha Scaffold was somewhat disappointing, even with the Juttni Brace.

The Rahn Prism has the lowest base damage of all Prisms and it has a reduced chance on status as well. I'd just go with the meta (proven by tons of players who have tested numerous combinations) and do the 223. It's cheaper and it's good.

7 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Sorry but there is such a thing as Stats. The hard stats, numbers, and field practice do disprove what your saying. There are optimal setups for things in WF, with ASPECTS of peoples personal playstyle. E.g. you'd never not use Serration, Split Chamber and Vigilant Armaments because they provide so much to a weapon that it's stupid not to take them.

Same goes with amps. You wouldn't take the 1st prism because its stats just aren't good in comparison to other options, regardless of what you're doing.

You don't know his personal playstyle, only he does (requires gameplay on his part)

The issue is that since i know how to get there, to an advanced gameplay state, everytime someone not there yet comes and tells me that this is the way, making others copy builds or presets or anything regarding basic mechanics, i am left in a situation where i dismiss it, it's not that i don't read them, i just don't take them seriously.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Generally yes. The Pencha has pretty decent crit chance, and with the Lohrin you boost that, as well with the right arcanes.

Primarily what you want to be doing is one shotting the shields. Pencha has the highest single hit damage of all Amp parts, so boosting it just goes further than the other parts.

Thanks. I'm definitely going with the Lohrin, just having a hard time deciding on the other two parts. Lately I've been using Volt P in my teralyst hunting. I have all the meta frames, but I tend to like Volt more in general. With the shield, I already see some nice crit numbers on occasion with the 212. I'm doing 65% plus damage is most pub groups now. I do enjoy the longer range of the Pencha, as it's easier to switch to Lanka and blast a joint when you're not right under a leg. 

I might give the 413 a try. If nothing else, I'll just have another amp for mastery if I don't like it. 

I use 223 and the 2 prism, shwaksun I think, is like Arca Plasmor shotgun. It shoots a wide shot once every 1 seconds or so, with enough stopping power to force a vomvalyst go ghost mode or entirely kill it from ghost mode with one shot. Haven't tried the new prism yet so can't comment on that one.

33 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

I use 223 and the 2 prism, shwaksun I think, is like Arca Plasmor shotgun. It shoots a wide shot once every 1 seconds or so, with enough stopping power to force a vomvalyst go ghost mode or entirely kill it from ghost mode with one shot. Haven't tried the new prism yet so can't comment on that one.

Yes, I do like the 2 prism for vom management

i went from 323 to 423 for a few reasons: 

1. Rahn is like hit scan. When the eidolon does its troll stomp and launches you 2000000 meters away. The rahn is good enough to get back in the fight and continue to wither the shields down as you close the gap on him. Until he launches you away again.....

2. It has high fire rate and high crit chance. Technically you should be able to proc Virtous Strike much more often.

3. it seems to be more efficient than granmu. As in, it does more damage over time with respect to the amount of energy it consumes. Did i mention its like hit scan??

4. Screw projectile based prism with no way to make the projectile flight speed any faster.

Edited by tychondus

9 hours ago, KIREEK said:

You don't know his personal playstyle, only he does (requires gameplay on his part)

The issue is that since i know how to get there, to an advanced gameplay state, everytime someone not there yet comes and tells me that this is the way, making others copy builds or presets or anything regarding basic mechanics, i am left in a situation where i dismiss it, it's not that i don't read them, i just don't take them seriously.

Cheers

Personal Playstyle and efficient playstyle are 2 very different things. You're mixing the two concepts.

You know how to get to efficient setups? But you're dismissing people who are suggesting other efficient setups? That's basically what you're saying here.

You dismiss others stating that (which is a well known fact), there are optimum setups for certain activities (ala Eidolon Hunting, Survival Endurance). The OP is asking what the best amp/most efficient amp setup would be for hunting Eidolons, NOT what his personal playstyle would be.

Warframe is a game about efficient farming, with added personal playstyle, not the other way around.

8 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

You know how to get to efficient setups? But you're dismissing people who are suggesting other efficient setups? That's basically what you're saying here.

I'm dismissing the tought behind it, you are handing out stuff but you're not helping the user gain that lost mentality of getting there on it's own, remeber, modding is a basic mechanic and everything surrounding it is aswell, you do not say what keys you need to use in order to run, it's so basic the player is left to find out on his own.

"What's better, this or that?" questions may have an original problem behind it, because if the player has decided on his own regarding builds, rivens, warframes, why is he making a question regarding an amp?

If there was a question regarding mechanics, we can certainly share tought, but when it comes to personal preference and efficiency, we cannot help, he needs to figure it out.

I simply dismiss because it's like a non clan leader telling how a clan leader should run a clan, so yes, i'm reading how you teach others how to do things, i simply don't integrate that teaching method because ...................results are lacking, i don't know how to soften this up.

If you teach him that (to copy for the sake of it instead of learning on his own, remember, we are scraping the basics here) then he will be at best as good as you. I was simply trying to launch the player upwards, so he makes the decisions, he figures things out, he teaches how others can get there and he surpasses that limits that are community imposed.

You may make claims, but those come after the results, talking about efficiency anyone can, but some shouldn't do it, due to the lack of results

Most Amp builds are focused on what kills an Eidolons shields faster. With that in mind, the most popular build for that includes the Shraksun Scaffold and Lohrin Brace (X-2-3). I think the Prism choice is negligible after that unless you need something with distance or fighting Vomvalysts.

The Shwaak Prism is decent against the Eidolon and is one of the best prisms for dealing with Vomvalysts.

The Granmu Prism is handy as long range artillery until you close in on the Eidolon but is strongly not recommended if you're using Maduri for its Void Strike as each round of the three round Granmu burst fire consumes charges.

The Rahn Prism is a good middle ground. It is actually fairly long range and continuously hitting your target usually results in the amp recharging itself in a burst before the clip is empty. You can use this Prism for decent sustained fire at varying distances with little downtime.

45 minutes ago, SirVolOpt said:

Most Amp builds are focused on what kills an Eidolons shields faster. With that in mind, the most popular build for that includes the Shraksun Scaffold and Lohrin Brace (X-2-3). I think the Prism choice is negligible after that unless you need something with distance or fighting Vomvalysts.

The Shwaak Prism is decent against the Eidolon and is one of the best prisms for dealing with Vomvalysts.

The Granmu Prism is handy as long range artillery until you close in on the Eidolon but is strongly not recommended if you're using Maduri for its Void Strike as each round of the three round Granmu burst fire consumes charges.

The Rahn Prism is a good middle ground. It is actually fairly long range and continuously hitting your target usually results in the amp recharging itself in a burst before the clip is empty. You can use this Prism for decent sustained fire at varying distances with little downtime.

I picked up the 3 brace and 4 prism from rank up rewards. Just gotta figure out the scaffold :). Since I already have 1, I'm likely going 423