Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(unpopular opinion?) About those crafting WAIT TIMES

Noabettiet

4 hours ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

That doesn't mean DE aren't knowingly introducing an artificial barrier to progress, it just has me less concerned or annoyed than it might in the aforementioned AAA title.

Well, I choose to not subscribe to the micro-tranaction hate, it is silly IMO.

People have to pay the bills and gamers are notorious for finding ways _not_ to pay for things, so here we are.

And yes, I would not care at all if people could pay more to go faster at the grocery, we do it now in many customer services all over the planet, it is nothing new. VIP.

Crafting times can be compared to whatever makes you feel good inside, I don't care, I still think they are just fine and it's a personal issue if someone does not like them, just like it is when a person will not accept any other part of reality, IMO. If someone with the means wants to go fasterm that is thier choice, it's not like this game costs much to play even if you rush things with real money.

IMO, this now just looks like another 'game companies take too much of my money' rant, which is _the_ silliest one out there.

11 hours ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

I don't know how much they make, though I would imagine it's not a huge percentage of their overall income.

But, nonetheless, it still boils down to a deliberate attempt to frustrate SOME players in the hope they'll spend money.

However, as I said, I'm inclined to "cut them some slack" as they have provided a detailed and engaging world for us, and you don't, if you don't want to, need to spend a penny.

My point was really about the more cynical behaviour of companies like EA and Activision.

Its a F2P game. They have to make their money.

14 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Well, I choose to not subscribe to the micro-tranaction hate, it is silly IMO.

People have to pay the bills and gamers are notorious for finding ways _not_ to pay for things, so here we are.

And yes, I would not care at all if people could pay more to go faster at the grocery, we do it now in many customer services all over the planet, it is nothing new. VIP.

Crafting times can be compared to whatever makes you feel good inside, I don't care, I still think they are just fine and it's a personal issue if someone does not like them, just like it is when a person will not accept any other part of reality, IMO. If someone with the means wants to go fasterm that is thier choice, it's not like this game costs much to play even if you rush things with real money.

IMO, this now just looks like another 'game companies take too much of my money' rant, which is _the_ silliest one out there.

When did I say "game companies take too much of my money"?

I am sure I've said at least 5 times I am not overly fussed about the level of microtransactions in Warframe because it is free to play and offers a detailed and engaging world for the player.

I do, however, feel differently about microtransactions in AAA titles.

Not enough to lose sleep, merely as a mild annoyance...on the level of turning over a film halfway through.

You know, not life changing. 

The argument about free will and nobody being forced to pay money for in game items is one I agree with and fill a myself.

The caveat comes with the more cynical behaviour that catches young kids and the more naive.

True, you can't legislate for that; well, you can, and some countries (Belgium is in the news currently) are doing so.

I just don't see IAPs as being a positive aspect of modern gaming...but that's just my personal opinion.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

you 

5 minutes ago, Floppinger said:

I don´t mind the wait. What does annoy me though is that there´s no function to queue up items.

That would be really nice for Forma BPs or gear items.

I agree.

I find the fact you can only craft one Cipher at a time a mild annoyance. 

At the very least it would be nice to queue up as many as you want and then leave it to work through them.

It is a chore to have to return to the Foundry every 60 seconds to claim the Cipher then start the crafting of the next one.

Why not let us select as many as we need, the way you do when you sell or buy multiple items?

That way you could queue up 7, 10, 50, whatever you want, then pay the crafting costs and return when you are ready.

I usually try to have 8 or 9 cipher with me on spy missions so I can skip the mini game if I am under attack or in a rush or just can't be bothered to solve it.

Being able to have 8 queued and then know I can return in 8 minutes to collect them all in one go would certainly be a more streamlined way to do it.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

you 

I agree.

I find the fact you can only craft one Cipher at a time a mild annoyance. 

At the very least it would be nice to queue up as many as you want and then leave it to work through them.

It is a chore to have to return to the Foundry every 60 seconds to claim the Cipher then start the crafting of the next one.

Why not let us select as many as we need, the way you do when you sell or buy multiple items?

That way you could queue up 7, 10, 50, whatever you want, then pay the crafting costs and return when you are ready.

I usually try to have 8 or 9 cipher with me on spy missions so I can skip the mini game if I am under attack or in a rush or just can't be bothered to solve it.

Being able to have 8 queued and then know I can return in 8 minutes to collect them all in one go would certainly be a more streamlined way to do it.

You don’t really need to make 1 cipher per minute. You can make 10 cipher per minute. You can also make 10 cipher per minute while not playing the game via the warframe app...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb novalery:

You don’t really need to make 1 cipher per minute. You can make 10 cipher per minute. You can also make 10 cipher per minute while not playing the game via the warframe app...

I guess most people would prefer to build their consumeables in bulk and then not bother with it for a while. As in build 50 or 100 of them and then be good for a while. There is no good reason why that shouldn´t be possible with a single interaction with the foundry, by just queuing up the BP multiple times.

3 hours ago, novalery said:

How do I make 10 a minute?

All I can do is select Cipher in the Foundry and it automatically starts crafting with the timer counting down from 60 seconds. 

Please, explain how I select 10 cipher to craft simultaneously to arrive at the 10 cipher per minute as you mentioned in your comment.

1 hour ago, Floppinger said:

I guess most people would prefer to build their consumeables in bulk and then not bother with it for a while. As in build 50 or 100 of them and then be good for a while. There is no good reason why that shouldn´t be possible with a single interaction with the foundry, by just queuing up the BP multiple times.

Yes, that's what I am saying.

As you said before, queuing items up to craft one after another, without the need to keep returning to the Foundry (every 60 seconds in the case of cipher crafting) would be a better system...at least that's how I feel.

Though novalery seems to know a way to bypass this and craft numerous items, 10 at least he says, per 60 seconds as opposed to the 1 per 60 seconds that I had thought was the only way to do it.

I really want to know how he does it.

Of course, if he then tries playing word games by pretending he didn't mean what he "said" it'll be a big let down.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)RhinoCharging00:

Though novalery seems to know a way to bypass this and craft numerous items, 10 at least he says, per 60 seconds as opposed to the 1 per 60 seconds that I had thought was the only way to do it.

There is a Blueprint for 10 ciphers at once available in the market.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

How do I make 10 a minute?

All I can do is select Cipher in the Foundry and it automatically starts crafting with the timer counting down from 60 seconds. 

Please, explain how I select 10 cipher to craft simultaneously to arrive at the 10 cipher per minute as you mentioned in your comment.

Open market console> category> Equipment> gear

buy “cipher x10 blueprint” for 250.000 credit.

just like all pancake, chiper blueprint comes in the x10 version.

Ps: nope. No word play. Just a simple fact that one can build 10 cipher per minute. And one can also build chipers via warframe app.

Edited by novalery

2 hours ago, novalery said:

Open market console> category> Equipment> gear

buy “cipher x10 blueprint” for 250.000 credit.

just like all pancake, chiper blueprint comes in the x10 version.

Ps: nope. No word play. Just a simple fact that one can build 10 cipher per minute. And one can also build chipers via warframe app.

Appreciate it.

You see, I had no idea about the 10 cipher BP, and now I do.

Who says forums are a waste of time???

On 2018-09-14 at 4:05 PM, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Its a F2P game. They have to make their money.

If I had to guess, and I am, I would guess that rushing things in the forge accounts for very little of their platinum sales. Who does that aside from youtubers?

Very few people I imagine. Reducing build times won't harm their bottom line in the slightest.

6 hours ago, f3llyn said:

If I had to guess, and I am, I would guess that rushing things in the forge accounts for very little of their platinum sales. Who does that aside from youtubers?

Very few people I imagine. Reducing build times won't harm their bottom line in the slightest.

We can guess all we like, but the truth is they do make money from it. How much is up for debate since neither of us have the data. You can't say that it won't harm their profit, because you don't know that. 

Just a reminder to stop using the "F2P" game strawman argument for people that do use it. Do not pretend like you know anything about the most profitable player spending activities for DE. Who pays plat to rush most of their weapons? Give an example please? 

From MR15-25 the grind is objectively more boring than from MR1-10, and that's a fact. You are basically forced to abandon your favorites for an hour or two and spend time on crap items just to throw them away right after. Adjust crafting time on weaker or low MR weapons, that's a very good thing. Put more polarities on them too. Seems counterintuitive but the good high MR weapons will be crafted and formaed no matter what. More polarities on less popular and lower level weapons = more reason to try them out. 

15 minutes ago, UltraGreedier said:

Just a reminder to stop using the "F2P" game strawman argument for people that do use it. Do not pretend like you know anything about the most profitable player spending activities for DE. Who pays plat to rush most of their weapons? Give an example please? 

From MR15-25 the grind is objectively more boring than from MR1-10, and that's a fact. You are basically forced to abandon your favorites for an hour or two and spend time on crap items just to throw them away right after. Adjust crafting time on weaker or low MR weapons, that's a very good thing. Put more polarities on them too. Seems counterintuitive but the good high MR weapons will be crafted and formaed no matter what. More polarities on less popular and lower level weapons = more reason to try them out. 

There is an important point here referenced in the first paragraph regarding the potential for free2play games to have "whales" who end up spending small fortunes, and thus making free2play games as, if not more, profitable than the traditional one off retail purchase model.

Some free games have players spending thousands on cosmetics, new characters, speeding up the aforementioned crafting times etc...

I still feel, on balance, that as these whales are merely taking up the slack for all the thousands and thousands who never spend a penny, and as the games are free at the point of access and can technically be played without ever spending a penny, they can be treated with a little more leniency.

Especially as the micro-transaction is the lifeblood of free games and they have to make their money somewhere having foregone the initial retail price. 

The issue, as I stated previously, is when cynical dev teams and producers place increasingly brazen and greed obsessed microtransactions into games that the player has already spent €/£/$ 50+ on in the shop or digital store.

This is where they become distasteful and even exploitative. 

We all know it's not usually the level headed, mature players that get sucked into spending fortunes on Fifa points or CoD lootboxes.

Yes, there are exceptions. 

But usually it is the more vulnerable, gullible among society that neess to be protected from unscrupulous corporate vampires.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

I agree.

There are lots of things that would make the game better, and it's stuff which many players are never made aware of, and it is a shame. 

How about those player just taking the time to look through the menus that are available?

Whatever happened to, you know, playing a game and figuring it out, over just having someone list out all the steps to follow?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

But usually it is the more vulnerable, gullible among society that neess to be protected from unscrupulous corporate vampires.

Data? This is just fear mongering. Sure there are vulnerable people and evil people that take advantage. This sentence is s direct indication of you trying to use FUD to scare people into thinking coporations making money is evil. I can read it no other way. This is just you trying to make people think companies making money with products you don't like is 'bad'.