Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New weekly event for those players who already have everything. (veterans)

ChaosShane

I'll get right into it then state why i think this is a good idea later.

The general idea:

Grineers are trying to resurrect a relic from the old war using the eidolons.

all 3 eidolons spawn at once at 3 different locations, North, South-W and South-E on PoE. They are on a path to the great lake where they will combine to form a new boss. 

The boss will also have grineer soldiers defending it upon it's resurrection.

The HP and Dmg of the boss, also the level of the grineer adds will be determined by how many of the eidolons make it to the great lake. (Tier1, Tier2, Tier3)

therefore it will be necessary for each member of the party to solo the eidolons before they arrive at the great lake. (which a large population can do). E.Teralyst is fairly easy with a average sniper and a decent amp. E.hydrolyst might require abit more and two persons can attempt E. Gautulyst. However it is expected that more often, at-least one or two Eidolons will get to the great lake. (Eidolons wont teleport away so lures aren't needed and Vomvalyst don't interfere. However Eidolons will sprint/jump 😝 if they have not taken damage in the last 60s) rewards base on tier completed. basically, if you want an easier boss and weaker boss adds, you have to fight the Eidolons, but will get less reward for completing the lower tier. Otherwise get a much harder tier. note: even though each Eidolon will need to be dmg or else they will sprint, teams can group up after an eidolon falls, so even if its just to delay Gautulyst until the other members arrive.

why make it that players who want to have it easier (weaker boss) do more work? cause people will always want the easy way out even if it makes for a worst experience. This way, the easy way out also has its work and time consumption. 

there are a few unique mechanics i'd like to suggest here to aid the players into a team composition of tank, damage dealer, healer and +1. (cause god knows comp these days are 3 dd and a healer, who is also a dd.

1)  upon the resurrection of the old war relic (the new boss) grineer adds arrive every 3mins via high HP air ships (giving players the possibility to reduce the numbers of enemies they have to deal with if they can drop say 2/6 of the air ships that arrive).

2) grineer adds arrive at boss's location and always focus the closest tenno, giving need for a warframe that can take alot of dmg and a team formation while grineers are around.

3) grineer adds start minimum lvl100 and cap at lvl200 as time goes on. Both min and max lvl increase by 50 per eidolons that survive the walk/sprint 😎 to the great lake. 

sound overwhelming but its about time we get enemies that dont die in two hits, we have all these god tier builds with nothing to hit that make em necessary. also i can totally see 30 enemies dropping under a min so adds wont always be there.

4) boss's screech can silence for 20s the abilities (except abilities already active) of a player at random among the two doing the most dmg. think this will make it abit more interesting, its less likely to be the guy focused on healing half the time but given that it is, his team deserve to die >.> am just saying, pull your weight.

5) adds drop energy and health, not alot but a decent chance. will bring out the use of consumables.

also mean sniper might be best on the boss but not the best for clearing adds. good weapons wont just be "1 lanka and you're set" you will also need something to clear adds fast.

Rewards are the same across tier but higher tier gets more. i'd suggest something along the lines of ducats/standing that can be used for cosmetics, mods, clan n ship decor, new healer frame maybe, a non-reusable key blueprint (or week expired access) to a new high level survival mission that has a very low chance to drop a unique frame part/mods/or zaw part 2 material or something non-tradable; every 5 or 10mins after the first 30mins in. weekly-expire glyph and trophy decor for people who complete tier 3 without a death. and a region chat notice when your team complete tier 3 under X time or fastest time in last week. 

Event opens every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, during cetus night. can only be done every 6 days 22hrs from last completion. 3 attempts, failure of all 3 grants some off the reward but one-third the amount.

a large number of players already own all that the game have to offer currently. new content is release ever so often but in-between is a bit dry of purpose. so why not something to look forward to every week that is fun, and challenging even to the people with every mod and maxed out operators. once a-week you join or create a team and attempt tier 3 if you want the recognition of beating lv300 enemies and a very high HP and dmg boss, . dont get me wrong, Eidolons are fun as ****, but how fun does it get in later when you drop all 3 under 15mins. and why do it when you already have everything. This event wouldnt be for newer players, its bias to the players that know the game abit more and have the gear to dmg the boss effectively, and effectively is not chunging. but that will eventually be everyone. i was just thinking, the game doesnt challenge players who have everything. its still fun but what do you do when you did everything, besides wait on something else to do.

now that i think about it, as long as its not something as unpredictable as going against other players, it will eventually get mastered and completed also... hm. well i'll post this still for atleast its more than 1 shoting everything. Dont get me wrong, i totally LOVE warframe, this is just a idea (bad or good idk) that came to me today

I'll just tell you why I think it's a bad idea. A weekly event like this, will get boring. I'm bored of Eidolons in general as it is, Terry was fun at first, figuring him out, killing, capturing, tried all 3 for a while after they came out, but by that point they were uninteresting.

Now you take sorties, which are a daily thing, and the missions are all the same, from the same pool, and we're only there anymore for the rewards. But otherwise they are boring to do.

Now this idea of yours, looks like you're combining both together, to make an entirely dull weekly event that has no actual good, fun content to it.

Plus it kind of sounds like another thing that just consumes time, without actually going any place special.

yeh i kind of notice that at the end, i just had a thought so maybe it was dull idk, but by the time i got to the end i realize it was the same in the end. infact what i realize is, if its PVE, its going to get mastered, completed and eventually boring. simply because its not unpredictable like other players, its just programs.

you right though, i was riding on the eidolons and sortie system somewhat, however still think fighting higher lvl300+ will make it interesting for awhile. more than just face rolling keyboards n killing everything. more than just bringing any frame to the party, idk

oh, but about my idea not going somewhere, that's totally correct. its not suppose to. why get stronger when atm there isnt content out there to support it, that was the main reason i got this dull idea in the first place. the first time i did E.hunts i couldnt even see its hp bar. now am running around solo'ing it. a big part of something being fun is that its challenging, i didnt want to suggest something that would make it less. but recognition seem fitting if its a hard content i thought. the ability to say, "i did this." 

PVE in general is 0 - 100 progression, its just whether we have fun in the journey. then we got a new open world 0 - 100%. then we got a new story 0 - 100% all these things are making us stronger but the question am having now is stronger to do what? another 0 - 100% with the same lvl30-100 enemies? progress feels good i agree but my dull idea was me trying to think of a way to use all the strength we have accumulated in something not meant to make you stronger, but be challenging, while we wait for the next 0 - 100 run. 

Edited by ChaosShane
anyways, i get that my idea is very well be bad, but i just thought i'd share it anyways lol we good