Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Volt's speed getting overwritten by a slower one

Zi-Sui

Please! I don't wanna do public captures and exterminates with my Volt when some jacka.. I mean player overwrites an obviously much faster speed buff with their slower one.

So please, fix this? It's common enough problem if you do exterminate and especially capture relic openings. Just make the game detect the existing speed buff when new one is being applied and making a code that inquires if the existing speed buff is higher or lower than the new one, and overwrite it only if it's the same or lower.

Oh how I've wished 'back rolling out of volt's sprint' (I usually seem to just 'turn around' when I try to do it...) was a forward roll like limbo so many times when I get some player running a stupidly high level of speed boost on volt....which then means that I can't actually see where I'm going and as such keep catching on stuff slowing me down which in turn means I actually take longer to get to the finish...

While I prefer a faster frame not everyone wants to run at stupidly high speeds so I quite like this reset to a lower sprint speed. 

As to your issue, you have a very simple solution, do solo or don't play with other volts...

If I use my speed volt (aka Barry Alan) I run with friends/clanmates or IÂ’m on the plains. Most players who donÂ’t run with that level of speed often have a harder time moving than when they are at normal speed. Plus plains level of speed is simply unnecessary in the star map. IÂ’m also the guy who will intentionally go slower if someone tries to rush a mission. ItÂ’s one thing if it is a coordinated plan, but another thing entirely to just expect everyone in games to want to race to the extraction every game.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

57 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Oh how I've wished 'back rolling out of volt's sprint' (I usually seem to just 'turn around' when I try to do it...) was a forward roll like limbo so many times when I get some player running a stupidly high level of speed boost on volt....which then means that I can't actually see where I'm going and as such keep catching on stuff slowing me down which in turn means I actually take longer to get to the finish...

So much this.

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

While I prefer a faster frame not everyone wants to run at stupidly high speeds so I quite like this reset to a lower sprint speed. 

As to your issue, you have a very simple solution, do solo or don't play with other volts...

Demand to do solo is not a solution on the online game, sir. That's only avoiding the problem, and it must not spoken on such type of game at all, regardless of the issue. It is so easy to put the responsibility on the others, isn't? But it doesn't solve anything, just make an another victim instead.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

better idea. make volts speed a personal buff and not a team one. then you dont have to worry about your being overwritten and i dont get speed out of no where when i dont want it ^_^.

The problem was that most people either do/did want Speed or didn't care or have a problem.

28 minutes ago, Atsia said:

The problem was that most people either do/did want Speed or didn't care or have a problem.

but he is specifically targeting people with lower strength build and saying he doesnt want their speed buff overwriting his. the best solution is to make speed a personal buff rather than to make the highest % buff the top because there are people who enjoy speed but not that broken speed some people like to spec for. imho speed is annoying even when i play volt i dont use it.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Funny, I don't want to do an exterminate or capture mission with my Ember and get my mobility fu... I mean, messed up by a random Volt everytime he decides to press 2, forcing me to stop doing everything I'm doing and backflip... Volt's Speed being a team effect is a mistake, if I want to go fast, I use Volt myself

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Demand to do solo is not a solution on the online game, sir. That's only avoiding the problem, and it must not spoken on such type of game at all, regardless of the issue. It is so easy to put the responsibility on the others, isn't? But it doesn't solve anything, just make an another victi?m instead?. ?

So which 'problem' do you fix then...someone using a stupidly overpowered volt speed buff that affects others negatively because it's not suited to the map (ie it's not PoE) or the OP who's complaining that his speed buff isn't the one being picked because he's the 'fastest'... I know which way I'd vote and it isn't the OP. 

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

So which 'problem' do you fix then...someone using a stupidly overpowered volt speed buff that affects others negatively because it's not suited to the map (ie it's not PoE) or the OP who's complaining that his speed buff isn't the one being picked because he's the 'fastest'... I know which way I'd vote and it isn't the OP. 

like ive posted making it a personal buff will fix both being effected negatively by it. so the op gets his wish and so do the rest of us. its a win win.

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

like ive posted making it a personal buff will fix both being effected negatively by it. so the op gets his wish and so do the rest of us. its a win win.

Except when the super speed buff is actually useful like on the plains... IMO the best option would be an easier way to 'opt out' than a back roll or even better allow players to have a cap for how much of a buff we get when being affected by a volt...

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Except when the super speed buff is actually useful like on the plains... IMO the best option would be an easier way to 'opt out' than a back roll or even better allow players to have a cap for how much of a buff we get when being affected by a volt...

speed is just one option for plans. archwing is still faster. tailwing is faster, wormhole is faster. but they are all just options.

Edit: once fortuna drops it wont matter anyway because of the hover boards.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

As to your issue, you have a very simple solution, do solo or don't play with other volts

There's always that cancerous player.

Listen, the whole "pLaY sOLo" is the bottom barrel of arguments. Most people like playing with others and a lot of players don't want to spend a lot of time lurking around recruit chat to build a team for a single speed run. 

The "dOnT pLaY wITh oThER vOlTs" is equally lowly and denotes poor synaptic pruning. We can't simply toggle which Warframes we want to be partnered with. I wish such a feature was implemented, I would immediately block all Limbo players.

OP's suggestion is incredibly valid and can be a applied to other skills. For example, players infecting me with a 3-4 energy/sec Energizing Dash when I was currently using my 5 energy/sec Energizing Dash.

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah, I feel the same way when a volt spams his excessively high power strength speed buff without consideration for other players in the team....

You might actually wanna say it instead of keeping it to yourself until a topic on forums pops up. I know from experience that a large part of players just doesn't listen but it's still better to say it, how else can speedvolts know?

Nobody has so far complained about my speed buff, one guy even asked my build and clanmates love it, they're having so much fun meleeing with it. Maybe they didn't bother to complain, who knows.

I think the best solution would be to be able to roll out of speed buff with frontal roll like with Limbo's banish, easy and doesn't ruin the fun for those who like speed.

24 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

You might actually wanna say it instead of keeping it to yourself until a topic on forums pops up. I know from experience that a large part of players just doesn't listen but it's still better to say it, how else can speedvolts know?

Nobody has so far complained about my speed buff, one guy even asked my build and clanmates love it, they're having so much fun meleeing with it. Maybe they didn't bother to complain, who knows.

I think the best solution would be to be able to roll out of speed buff with frontal roll like with Limbo's banish, easy and doesn't ruin the fun for those who like speed.

you cant opt out of spam ive said this in the other speed threads. why do you think backflip doesnt cut it. speed volts dont care thats why they spam. ive told a speed volt that his speed was too much. know what he said? nothing. speed to self buff thats the only solution i see.

16 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you cant opt out of spam ive said this in the other speed threads. why do you think backflip doesnt cut it. speed volts dont care thats why they spam. ive told a speed volt that his speed was too much. know what he said? nothing. speed to self buff thats the only solution i see.

By spam you mean once every 10 seconds or so? Because that's the duration of the buff. Is it that hard to press roll once every 10 seconds if you're even having an actual issue with it? Because I bet you don't 90% of the time, usually Volt speed is slow.

I've met only one or two Volts on top of myself that have the potential to make me run into walls, and even then I run into walls very little, almost never if I don't sprint. I guess you just have bad reflexes then because my reflexes are far from CS pro level.

6 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

By spam you mean once every 10 seconds or so? Because that's the duration of the buff. Is it that hard to press roll once every 10 seconds if you're even having an actual issue with it? Because I bet you don't 90% of the time, usually Volt speed is slow.

I've met only one or two Volts on top of myself that have the potential to make me run into walls, and even then I run into walls very little, almost never if I don't sprint. I guess you just have bad reflexes then because my reflexes are far from CS pro level.

spam - rapid and continuous use. the majority of the volts i encounter will rapidly spam speed to maintain its duration. have you never encountered volts doing this? if not, count yourself lucky.

3 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

Given up bothering to try because most don't take any notice, I just stop until it wears off or leave....

How else can you know... common sense should tell you that not all players will want to go as fast as you do, a gentle speed buff is nice but having it so fast it actually slows you down is the problem.  You can go as fast as you like on the plains, there's less stuff to run into but on the star map it's a different matter.

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Given up bothering to try because most don't take any notice, I just stop until it wears off or leave....

How else can you know... common sense should tell you that not all players will want to go as fast as you do, a gentle speed buff is nice but having it so fast it actually slows you down is the problem.  You can go as fast as you like on the plains, there's less stuff to run into but on the star map it's a different matter.

That's not everybody's experience. I don't know why DE didn't make opting out of speed roll instead of that backflip. On the Volt rework topic that was started in May people talk about Volt speed being same kinda pick-up thing as that focus buff, I guess that'd work too.

I don't know why you say gentle speed buff is nice, you can bullet jump faster so why bring a speedvolt at all if your speed is gentle? Just vanity, or I guess it could be a serious case of distaste for anything faster than snail gentle speed.

14 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

That's not everybody's experience. I don't know why DE didn't make opting out of speed roll instead of that backflip. On the Volt rework topic that was started in May people talk about Volt speed being same kinda pick-up thing as that focus buff, I guess that'd work too. 

I don't know why you say gentle speed buff is nice, you can bullet jump faster so why bring a speedvolt at all if your speed is gentle? Just vanity, or I guess it could be a serious case of distaste for anything faster than snail gentle speed.

Pretty sure DE tried the speed pick up and it was disliked by players....

Because sometimes running is better than bullet jumping due to all the obstacles..... it's not like the game automatically tries to make you climb a box or anything if you bullet jump near/onto it...

As to volt speed, I actually have a 250ish% (somewhere around there anyway) power strength (while still be usable in other areas) volt... I just don't use it on the star map, because I know it's stupid to do so, but it's perfectly fine on the plains.

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Pretty sure DE tried the speed pick up and it was disliked by players....

Because sometimes running is better than bullet jumping due to all the obstacles..... it's not like the game automatically tries to make you climb a box or anything if you bullet jump near/onto it...

As to volt speed, I actually have a 250ish% (somewhere around there anyway) power strength (while still be usable in other areas) volt... I just don't use it on the star map, because I know it's stupid to do so, but it's perfectly fine on the plains.

Again that's an opinion, not a fact that it would be stupid to use it on star map. I'm struggling to understand how you can run into walls with as low as 240% strength speed buff when I dont have that problem at 330% and sprint aura, and yes I use it on starmap. I guess that's just something we wont see eye to eye.

What I'm curious about is HOW MANY people find my kind of Volt's speed to be too much and unenjoyable. For now the people in this topic are the first ever.

3 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

What I'm curious about is HOW MANY people find my kind of Volt's speed to be too much and unenjoyable. For now the people in this topic are the first ever.

I highly doubt that we're the first to think it's stupidly overpowered, most will either just leave, suck it up till the end of the mission then leave or just stay out of range of your buff. 

The fact you can't see there's an issue with the level of boost that you run just shows you have no consideration for other players.