Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Volt's speed getting overwritten by a slower one

Zi-Sui

9 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

You might actually wanna say it instead of keeping it to yourself until a topic on forums pops up. I know from experience that a large part of players just doesn't listen but it's still better to say it, how else can speedvolts know?

Nobody has so far complained about my speed buff, one guy even asked my build and clanmates love it, they're having so much fun meleeing with it. Maybe they didn't bother to complain, who knows.

I think the best solution would be to be able to roll out of speed buff with frontal roll like with Limbo's banish, easy and doesn't ruin the fun for those who like speed.

I don't normally mind SpeedVolts. However, when I'm playing a Jet Stream Zephyr and then I'm just getting spammed with Volts while I'm in the middle of a Europa Map... well, this EASILY leads me to being stuck and put in out of bounds. Many, MANY times where I actually have to use /Unstuck and other times where I'm stuck doing that awful Back Roll. 

It's still quicker for me and the rest of the team to have to put up with the spamming Volts instead of me having to stop, type "Can you please stop using Speed near me?" and then potentially get flamed/trolled more by the Volt (It has happened.) Most of the time, it's simply not worth. Besides, I would say that 'nobody has so far complained' is probably more anecdotal than anything else. They probably just don't want to come off as rude or are worried about you saying something about it, sort of like what you are doing currently. 

In most other maps, sure I don't mind the speed buff. But that's because I'm used to playing Jet Stream Zephyr at this point and am very used to her movements. Plus when I seem to play, I almost always have a Volt on my team, so I've gotten VERY used to very floaty and yet very fast controls. Many people, on the other hand, are not used to it and thus it can slow them down far more than speed them up. But many people don't want to make a fuss or complain about it because doing so just slows down the game even more. 

Plus, the reason the removal of speed buff is NOT on rolling is because rolling is very useful as a movement tool. 

This isn't to say I don't enjoy Volt on the team either. I remember doing a series of Vault runs with Volt and we ended up pausing it half way to see how fast we could actually make Jet Stream Zephyr go in the derelict in one of the puzzle rooms. 

Y'all laser focused on hating Volt's Speed you're ignoring the bigger issue at play here.  

Buffs given to other players will always be overwritten by the newer instance, no matter the strength. Say in running my rhino that has a 100% bonus on Roar, if another one comes by and uses theirs, then theirs overtakes mine.

Best solution I can give to that is having the buffs run concurrently, but only apply the bigger one.

6 hours ago, Julian_Skies said:

Y'all laser focused on hating Volt's Speed you're ignoring the bigger issue at play here.  

Buffs given to other players will always be overwritten by the newer instance, no matter the strength. Say in running my rhino that has a 100% bonus on Roar, if another one comes by and uses theirs, then theirs overtakes mine.

Best solution I can give to that is having the buffs run concurrently, but only apply the bigger one.

again in some cases with volt people dont like that ridiculous speed buff. some volts like the more regular speed up and having their buff overwritten by another volt who doesnt care about how his team feels is not a solution.

Well, it would be better if the highest buff persists....

Anyway, simply override the buff is the most easy solution, and because you need to override the buff as well keep the old buff and don't let the new buff to be kick in seems not an option for them. But, if the buff with highest effect has the priority it seems much better. I doubt that it would be that easy.

Many players are argue about too high speed bestowed by Volt but it is not the topic here.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

21 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I highly doubt that we're the first to think it's stupidly overpowered, most will either just leave, suck it up till the end of the mission then leave or just stay out of range of your buff. 

The fact you can't see there's an issue with the level of boost that you run just shows you have no consideration for other players.

I do, that why I wanted to know if it's only you people or if many people are like that. Not everybody in this game is a flaming troll who lashes at you for saying anything against them. Warframe is said to have nicer community than other games and I've found this to be true.

I just consider myself a normal person in terms of reflexes and found it outlandish that people would run much into walls with the speed buff, but thanks for educating me. I know better now, and can just say in team chat stuff like "if my speed buff is too much, please say so and I stop it".

54 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

I do, that why I wanted to know if it's only you people or if many people are like that. Not everybody in this game is a flaming troll who lashes at you for saying anything against them.  Warframe is said to have nicer community than other games and I've found this to be true. 

I've been here long enough to see it 'change' since we've started giving away stuff for free via twitch prime etc, some of it is the expectation of free stuff, some of it is more leeching (It's increased faster than the increase in player base if you get me) and there has been a change in the community 'personality' to be a bit more trollish than before.  Now not saying it's bad or anything it's still better than most other games but certain business decisions haven't necessarily benefited the community 'togetherness' shall we say.