Coming Soon: Devstream #116!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-09-12 at 11:15 PM, Vatgerhn said:

What about lowering hema requirements?
void relic refinement rework?
more events?
kuva thingy doesnt scale up and die if you're too long in kuva survival?

Then the lower level players will never get enough Kuva

Loadouts currently allow us to save and switch between entire sets of equipment. But currently don't save anything to do with the operator. Is it possible we will ever see the ability to save Focus tree configurations to loadouts? For example, I use Zenurik most of the time for energizing dash. But when I run all melee loadouts, I use Naramon. But when I switch between those loadouts, I still have to go and manually switch my primary focus tree.

Currently, I think rivens are in a pretty bad place. A large majority of rivens in game aren't worth much even with good stats. While others are worth a small fortune, even with bad stats. I don't know if the devs monitor the riven markets to see what they're going for. But good rolls on some weapons are practically unobtainable for most players. You can grind for weeks to roll a single riven and never get anything good. Or have to spend thousands, up to tens of thousands to buy one. 

I think there needs to be a better way for people who want to put in the time and effort to roll their own rivens, to get the stats they want. Currently, the number of possible stats, along with the number of slots for those stats on a riven make for far too many permutations for getting the rolls you want to be anything more than just dumb luck. 

There should be a way to 'save' stats on a riven, and just roll the other 'stat slots'. For example, a riven with +multishot, +status duration +zoom -fire rate. If I want to save the multishot, and reroll the other 3 slots, I can select it to save and reroll the other stat slots at an additional cost. My idea for cost increase was (assuming 9+ rolls already so these would be the max cost):

1 stats saved would be 2x base cost + base. So 3500 x 2 + 3500 = 10500

2 stats saved would be 4x base cost + base. So 3500 x 4 + 3500 = 17500

3 stats saved would be 8x base cost + base. So 3500 x 8 + 3500 = 31500

I think this strikes a good balance between allowing more control over what you get (and would be easy to tweak the cost values by simply changing the multiplier). Without making it overly easy to get all the stats you want on a riven. But I'm sure the biggest concern that people have is that it would crash the prices for good rolls on rivens. But an easy way to deal with that is to add an internal flag to rivens (a simple 0 or 1) to determine if a riven has saved stats, or is completely random. And only allow completely random rolls to be traded.

This will still impact the riven market. But at this point, any changes you make to rivens are going to do that. However, I don't think this would really cause that much of an issue. And I think it puts rivens in a better place. People who spend all their time trading rivens are still going to be able to. As that market will still be there. But for those of us who like to earn what we've got. It actually gives us a chance to do that with rivens.

Would the team ever consider implementing a system like this?

14 hours ago, Othergrunty said:

1. The current narrative for the cinematic quest is noticable centered around a singular hero Tenno and their individual experience. However said single character focused narrative also makes it appear as if your player character is all alone in the universe, while the rest of the Tenno are either not there or entirely passive towards the major events unfolding.

It's an interesting dilemma, but the thing is, there couldn't be more than 100-ish Tenno (remember that canonically, for each warframe (and there was ony one of each in-universe), there was one operator) to begin with, considering they were the children on one single orokin ship. I imagine some of them died on Zariman 10-0, some died after they got "rescued" by the orokin, then obviously some casualties during the old war had to happen (original Gara and her operator, Mirage's as well, probably the original Valkyr operator is also dead).

It wouldn't be surprising to see that there is only maybe like a dozen of real Tenno left.

Can you give WALL ATTACK some love please?
The maneuver sucks, the animation doesn't scale on attack speed and it's existence is not even known by most players.
Since it's hard to pull off consistently in combat it could maybe have some utility as opening enemies up for finishers?

Speaking of which...
Can ground finishers be considered as finishers (for skiajati, covert lethality and such)?

Will frame fighter eventually get more fleshed out. I recognize that it's a minigame but I just think it'd be cool to get some fixes and AI opponents to waste some more time with. Maybe even adding some NPCs into the mix as playable characters, AI opponents, or both.

@DE.Rebecca,

First, thanks for the opportunity to ask questions—it's much appreciated 🙂

I've been reading the forums, studying the DE/Leyou 2017 annual report, and scanning in-game chat for months with this question in mind:

Knowing the dev team has discussed dedicated testing servers on past streams, but also knowing there's an upcoming Switch Warframe launch, bringing the total number of platforms to 4, I am really curious if there's any movement toward a "tighter" cross platform content/update testing & release process?

Although there'll be some overlap, you (DE) will have 4 platforms with 4 communities and (theoretically) 4 different versions of the game on each with varying content

I understand the respective CERT processes as well as anyone not directly involved in game development, and I read a lot of frustrated-but-passionate posts from my fellow Tenno about content released on PC—where the content is essentially "tested" via the community there—that want more polished releases.

So knowing...

• The information in your annual report....
  • The expectations of your parent company, Leyou...
  • The divided feelings in the community RE: content releases and updates...
  • The capabilities of the DE team...
  • The certification processes for PC, Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo...
  • I need to keep the future of the IP in mind...

What are the chances of tightening-up platform content releases to more closely align (what will be) 4 platforms/audiences?

Is there a clear cost-benefit analysis that's kept things the way they are?

Will the team that's already done what many in the industry and games press considered "impossible" (i.e. making Warframe a huge success) cross dedicated testing servers/procedures & shorter content launch windows forever off the list of "possible"?

IF it isn't possible now, would it be possible in the future?  AND is there a monetary benefit to doing so (i.e. is DE losing $$$ in plat sales w/content gaps—can this even be proven)?

I know there can be an apprehension to avoid fixing what isn't broken, but Fortuna/Railjack/PoE, and DE culture itself seems to be built on optimization and pushing the needle on what's possible...

Every 2 weeks I see an amazing team talk about making things better just because they CAN make it better—delivering an increasingly better version of the game they made a handful of years ago...

Love the game.  I may talk tough, but I'll play forever.  Thanks for Revenant yesterday.  Looking forward to Nezha Deluxe update w/Rev updates.

MY DE's TO DO LIST!

OPERATOR:
More uses for the Operator OUTSIDE the plains - maybe a specific enemy that could spawn in some missions, like a/some Vomvalist that could drop some Cores. Or maybe a Kuva Cloud that could randomly spawn... Or, why not both?

Make The other Focus schools actually necessary in some missions - like fighting the (new) Eidolons, or some other type of missions. Or else everyone will just continue use Zenurik... All the time.

Use Operator in other Orbitals - we go there and can't even take of our coats/frames.

Use the Operator in Relays - like we do in Cetus.

MISSIONS:
Go search for a key when doors lock - instead of just hacking consoles to move on.
Day-night cycles in other planets - don't other planets spin too?

Use the Archwing in the Kuva Fortress - I cry everytime I leave the Kuva Fortress and see the Archwing stats in the reward menu... doing nothing. It hurts, it really does.
Kubrows (Earth) and Stingrays (Mars) to drops specific resources - like Rats and Eagles do in the Plains.
A use for Iron Wake - since the Harrow Quest I have NEVER returned there. It serves absolutelly NO purpose whatsoever. Either move Pallamino to Cetus and get rid of Iron Wake, or make it have an actual purpose in game... Maybe more shops? Or a mercenary chief that would come once every 2 weeks with special bounties? A 3 to 5 stage mission that would take you all over the starchart and it would give you special rewards at each stage... Just a tought.

SINDICATES:
A Sigil for Ostron Sindicate - because all others have them, and so that we have at least ONE other way to earn standing for them outside the plains.
Lure Specters - In the Quills sindicate, to capture the Eidolon easelly. NO foundry required! (btw ALL specters should "hold" position by pressing and HOLDING square button [PS4] because the amount of times they stand still because we are just reloading or opening lockers is too much and reeeeeally annoying).

PVP:
Lunaro needs a map - just a little one on the upper left corner like we have in missions, to quickly see where my teammates and our oponents are. I have requested this too many times, so... If you are not going to improve it and so few people play it, maybe you should consider remove it all together?

Better rewards - or else no one will play/return there. Possibly some of the itens in the daily login rewards?

HUD:
Type of landing craft support displayed in HUD - extremelly useful.
Reactant marked on radar - a little yellow dot would sufice. Instead of a clutered screen full of icons.
Eidolon Cores marked on world map and have them work with vaccum mod - a little blue dot would sufice and it should be picked up like Reactant... for the same reason.
[Note1: Like excavator powercells, these thing are already pretty visible in the game. But unlike powercells that we have to pick up manually, these do not happear in radar but (should just) work with vaccum. And because the hud can get pretty clutered with every little icon, I would prefer to have them marked on radar and have Vaccum pick them up. ]

Diferent icon between Mineral or Cristal displayed in our minning radar - useful, to say the least (btw, boost Eidolon Cristal drops).

Icon for equiped Focus School displayed on the lower right corner - instead of the 5 rings... A "quality of life" improvement to help us see what Focus we have equiped.

STARCHART:
Missions of Cetus displayed - and able to pick from there, like all other Sindicates have. Instead of having to go in there just to take a look.

ORBITER:

Infested Room - Having it there always locked and just accesable to ONE frame or to remove Cysts, is kind of reductive... this room needs more use(s). So my idea was: some kind of enemy we could capture, bring here, sit them on the chair and let it analise(eat) them. This would give us some kind item or boost... Nitain Extract(?) or 10% bonuses for 1h (equal to rare stashes) sounds mighty fine.
I was hoping The Sacrifice would provided something like this... Unfortunatelly, it did not.

ARSENAL:
Auto color match for weapons - changing weapons in loadout should still match color selection (if costumized, equal to visible or not), just like syndanas do.
Costumise your Focus school to match certain frames - extremely useful. I, like most players I believe, use certain focus abilities with certain frames. Ence, to have the option to match scholls-frames right in the Arsenal would be a big plus.

POE:
Able to use Abilities when fishing - same as minning. Instead of unequip spear, use ability, equip spear... Extremelly useful.
Use of our ORIGINAL archweapons in POE - because, why not?... Logic.
Use our OWN settings to control Archwing - forcing players to play with the "new" style command is annoying and degradating to play-style to say the least.

Use Archwing UNDERWATER - I mean, we use it in Urano, so... Logic 2.

[Note2: concerning Archwing, if these things cannot be done for POE, them it is better to just change the entire design for a proper "Skywing" - a single wing from the arcwhing attached to the back (so as to keep the abilities) would be better understood by the players.]
Vaccum to catch Eidolon cores - you did it with Reactants, so... Logic 3.
Fight the Teralist or Gautalist or Hidrolist in diferent missions - when night comes, have specific missions for each one individually (well, for Teralist we already have).

ARCHWING:
Archwing Races, and PvP - POE clearly show you have not forgotten good'old Archwing.
Use of regular Archwing weapons in POE- (AND controls)... C'mon, even if you nerfed the damage bit we still need them. [see Note2]
Archwing Defense - comeback PLEEEEEEEASE! Make it ONE objective defense and put some good rewards there (Axi Relics!?) so I can go back to my Archwing fighting days.

Now, about Fortuna: Where is the NEW EIDOLON? And what rewards will he have?

Oh, and btw, have you seen THIS! :awe:

Archived