Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #116!

[DE]Rebecca

So a Melee/Fortuna devstream? Nice.

I assume Channelling will be that Ninja-on-fire/Spartan rage/Devil Trigger mechanic you teased earlier? How's that going to work? Will it be per-weapon, per-weapon class, per-warframe or the same for every melee? Hoping it's one of the former.

Don't show off TOO much of Fortuna - I want to uncover these secrets for myself. But I'm of course curious about the projected timeframe of release. We talking imminent or october-november?

And, as everyone else is asking, when's Melee 3.0? Before, with or heaven forbid, after Fortuna? Also, daily tribute 2.0 (Daily two-ribute?)

Greetings Rebecca and co!

I. The Infested Room - any plans to add more to it, or let us clean it up? At the moment it's only really utilised once per frame I get

II. Any plans to add more armour/suits for the Operator? Perhaps more inspired by frames, bosses or locations - a few Prime frames have suits, but as an example - I main Banshee Prime, and would love to show my connection to her via my Operatpr's outfit

III. More things like the Ayatan Sculptures? Love finding these, and filling them to see how they react. Perhaps some tied to factions (Grineer/Corpus and a third Infested variation)

2 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Yay! I have some questions I've collected.

1: When will we get melee, bow, speargun, etc. stances for our Warframe Articula?

2: Will we be able to use Operators in each other's ships?

3: Will we ever be able to spawn multiple of our own Warframes in Captura? 

4: Will we get appearance tabs for the Operator?

5: Will we ever get to have multiple pets roaming the ship at a time?

6: Will Sentinels ever be able to roam the ship? (Everyone I've talked to seems to like this idea)

7: Does TennoGen fit into the lore? (Maybe the Tenno could affect the designs of Warframes somehow? I NEED confirmation!)

8: Why aren't we trying to destroy the Kuva Fortress?

9: Will Volt get cloth physics anytime soon?

Thanks for doing this guys!

Asking the important questions 😉 when will volt get clothes physics I remember when frost didn't even have them and it was said volt would get them soon. What comes first volt cloth physics or hydroid prime trailer

IMHO this is super important for a "not quitting the game" perspective. I'm just going to keep asking until it is addressed.

Now that the Sacrifice is out everywhere...

Sacrifice spoilers below:

There are a lot of questions it raised that out Tenno really should have answers for. You can't raise question of sapience, slavery and consent then completely ignore the same issues in all other Warframes.

• Now that we have both built and pacified Umbra, why was Umbra (and seemingly only Umbra) sapient? The Vitruvian talks about Warframes in general and nothing save Ordis's comment on the "Transference Bolt" being different suggests any functional difference in construction. We have many instances of physical and mental torture mentioned in Warframe construction, so that doesn't seem to be it. Surely post-Alad-V Valkyr would be sapient if that were the case.
  • Are we to take from Ballas' words that all Warframes that our Tenno have build previously are based on a blueprint that has "Already had it's pain taken away" by some other Tenno? If no, how did this happen when our Tenno was completely unaware of even the need, let alone their ability to attempt such a thing.
  • What is the difference between the process we saw for Umbra and our foundry, Obviously we can replicate Warframes, memory and all. But surely that's an important change, from the need to corrupt humans into infested "bio-drones" before constructing a Warframe with them, vs being able to mass produce them. When did that happen? Was it one distinct human per Warframe line, what does this mean for Nova who was supposedly designed by the "Tenno High Council", how did the Tenno design a Warframe if they didn't know they weren't Warframes during the Old War, if some did know then did they consign an innocent to becoming the first Nova, or are we to conclude she was a volunteer?
  • The image the Vitruvian shows when it talks about the early "Bio-drones" does not look like a warframe, so are we to conclude that they only started to look the way we expect a Warframe to look after their use with Tenno? There are some similarities with the "Bio-drone" image and some Deluxe skins (Like the Octavia Maestra Skin) are you implying these are early "bio-drone" designs? Could the same be said for the "Proto" series of skins?

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely story. but you can't expect our characters to be introduced to the concepts presented without needing much, much more information than DE presented to the player.

You've basically made the creation of a Warframe (Something that is fundamental to core game progression) into a war crime. Without further exposition how is a player with a supposedly moral Tenno character supposed to continue to play the game?

Seriously this is really worrying, please address at least your intent for how Tenno are supposed to feel about non-Umbra warframes.

Will you be changing so that the controller-based UI functionality isn't forced upon all players? A simple toggle to turn off controller support would fix this, as long as that also turned off the fact that pressing WASD or arrow keys on menus on PC now move the cursor around. It keeps happening when you type in the menus, at times even while having text boxes properly selected. 

This has been an issue for months now. It is a serious quality of life detriment to the UI.

On another note, are we ever getting another clan leaderboard event?  Right now clans are purely research and a social hub.  Another thing I would love to see is more alliance options like being able to see the rosters of other clans in your alliance so as to be able to see if a clan is dead or not, because we can only fit so many clans into an alliance and if a clan is dead we have no way to know outside of being sent screenshots by someone in that clan of their roster.  

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?
Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

On Tennolive Stream you were showing some kind of "base capturing" ? And you could even start missions from the captured outposts, my question about this is:

Are those captured outposts remaining "your" outposts even if you walk away for a long distance? And how many can you actually capture and how many stay captured? Will they also stay under your control even if you leave the open world zone?

I mean, it felt so pointless and didnt felt like it had any whatsoever impact if you did any incursion in the plains of eidolon at all. This new system where it actually even changes the control of that outpost to you and you can start missions from there, is exactly what i would have liked to see for plains of Eidolon.

And sorry for asking so many questions at once but my maybe most important question now, the real question i want to ask to DE:

Are there any plans of adding the improvements you made on the Venus Open world to the already existing plains of Eidolon map? Meaning: Do you plan to expand the Plains of Eidolon Map and make it bigger after some time in the future? (Doesnt need to be that much bigger, but just a few more zones and a little bit more space to explore would be nice)

Ok, the idea of throwing fans is cool, but I've always been more a fan of hidden blades/darts shooting out. Personally, for weapons like the Glaive I've preferred the idea of mapping the throw/power throws to the alt-fire button so as to grant greater control and versatility as the weapon could be thrown freely with a button press. This functionality could even be extended to certain polearms that could bre thrown freely like a javelin. Add the ability to tap the button again mid-flight and you no longer have the concern of trying to enter melee when it's still buzz-sawing through enemies.

In the case of a polear that could be thrown, it would travel in a straight path and be retrieved with a button press giving it a function like that the spear used by Nemesis in Dark Sector. 

There are a number of other additions I would personally love to see; 

1. New landing craft
  2. New kavat breeds
  3. Helminth kavat (helminth stalker?)
  4. Hover Bikes (K-Drives are cool, but I want one). Have them be per individual but with modifications researchable by clan and capable of accomodating more than one Tenno (at least able to have one passenger)
  5. New varieties of enemies that break up the combat in new ways (regular mobs and heavies get old after awhile)
  6. New enemy faction(s) with different approaches to combat, such as stealth and ambush tactics
  7. More missions and quests with Chains of Harrow's dark atmosphere and environments
  8. A zanuka/hyena type of customizable pet/companion. Make them researchable and modifiable like K-Drives and the Railjacks.
  9. An Archwing rework. Controls are fine but physics and mechanics need overhauled. If nothing else we need airbrakes or retro thrusters.
  10. New Archwings and weapons. Infested ones would be interesting.
  11. Ability to use Archwing weapons and melee while in the Plains.
  12. Really want new Operator cosmetics including new outfits, hair, and some new voice sets would be great.
  13. Being able to extract individually from excavation and survival missions
  14. Perhaps replacing Archwings with some type of aquatic gear while underwater if not the ability to actually swim.
  15. Ability to enter water in Plains without getting reset to land (goes with #14)
  16. Assassinations from above when standing above or while in the air above unalerted targets. Same for when below an unalerted target.

I could list more but these are some of the that spring to mind.

Zdrastvujte I have a question on the infectious room, why in it nothing to do can not be room introduced into the game for a long time, but there is no meaning from the room here is the phrase in helminth feed me mister, and now the question is how to feed the helminth and when is it planned to do something with this room?

Will sword and shield weapons be included in the group of weapon types that can dualwield with single pistols in Melee 3.0?

Unlike weapons like polearms and heavyblades which are clearly 2h, the shieldhand is relatively free, and the combination wouldn't be the most overpowered.

Plus it'd look cool as heck.

1. You mention a few Devstream ago that you were going to give us more loadout slots (The A, B, C Slots) for our Warframe customization, as well as adding A, B, C slot for the Operator customization.  Could we get an update on it's progress, coming soon or coming next week?

2. Will Pablo have full rain over the Chroma rework before his Prime is released?

Archived