Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.8.0 + 23.8.0.1 + 23.8.0.2

[DE]Megan

Still does not fix the residual image of the Y button symbol of the main menu after the teammate joins.

In the picture, when the main menu is opened, the Y button after the teammate joins, the "EMBER" in the red circle has the Y button.

vlPRSPU.jpg

This picture is after the main menu is closed. The Y button remains still below the top left teammate's avatar.

64g1vXw.jpg

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Revenant Reave being capable of flying.

Why...

Also why haven't you done anything about mesmer skin not having integer for it's charges, having in my case 14.94 charges is kind of weird seeing as you lose a full charge per hit.

It would also have been nice if you'd have made mesmer skin not require an animation that basically slams on the brakes when you cast, it really ruins the flow, especially now it can be recast. 

2 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

You need to fix a Major problem with mesmer skin : HITS or sources of dmg taken which have a dmg value HIGHER than REV's TOTAL EHP will IGNORE ALL the STACKS = 1 shotted even with full stacks.

ALSO Mesmer skin needs to negate TRULY all kind of dmg which includes AOE toxin/heat etc procs.

Until you fix that, REV is just a piece of paper in anything that can deal high dmg whether it comes from sniper shots or Bursts, stop thinking about starchart and sorties, some people wanna go higher than lvl 100's

DE doesn't balance things for level 100. They balance it for Starchart levels. If you want to go higher than that, you can, but you leave the intended testing ground and can't complain when things aren't balanced.

2 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

DE doesn't balance things for level 100. They balance it for Starchart levels. If you want to go higher than that, you can, but you leave the intended testing ground and can't complain when things aren't balanced.

While I agree with you the ability not working against certain things seems like a bug.

2 часа назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

MESMER SKIN:

On the development build before release, Mesmer Skin was recastable but we removed this due to balance concerns. But, our gut reaction was right and thanks to your feedback we've changed it back to how it was and you can now recast Mesmer Skin to recharge it! 

REAVE:

• Lowered Energy cost to 50.
  • Revenant is now fully immune to damage while Reaving - it's meant to be a life-saver! 
  • When Reaving Thralls with Mesmer Skin active, it restores a charge.

Mesmer skin change is not needed if Reave restores its charges.  Too many ways to get charges back is not gud. I think.  Kinda makes these features less valuable.

Good work on Nezha tho.  Keep 90% reduction.  Its totally ok.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

TENG DAGGER SKIN

Doom in the sting of a serpent’s tooth. Converts any single Dagger Melee Weapon into a blade worthy of legends. 

Somehow its nice that my nicknames shortage is used in the skin for a Blade worthy of legends but somehow I also feel like you have stolen something from me 😂

8 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Mesmer skin change is not needed if Reave restores its charges.  Too many ways to get charges back is not gud. I think.  Kinda makes these features less valuable.

Good work on Nezha tho.  Keep 90% reduction.  Its totally ok.

I see where you're coming from, but consider this: If you reave, you're mobile, but you aren't guaranteed full stacks. If you recast Mesmer Skin, you're guaranteed full stacks, but you also come to a complete stop.🙏

3 hours ago, [DE] Megan said:

Reduced numerous costs of required items for various quantity locked activities. Less grind more grofit:

• Reduced the cost of Nav Coordinates required to craft the Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key from 3 to 1.
  • Reduced the cost of Animo Beacons required to fight Ambulas on Pluto, Hades from 40 to 20.
  • Reduced the cost of Vestan Moss scans required to craft the Sunrise Apothic from 25 to 12. 

The saving grace of DE descendeth upon ye toiling mortals.

Thank for those fixes, as always.

I'm really digging the "Why?" section of these new changes. It's always good to know where someone is coming from and it helps me understand what you are going for with any given change. Keep doing that.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

REAVE:

• Lowered Energy cost to 50.
  • Revenant is now fully immune to damage while Reaving - it's meant to be a life-saver! 
  • When Reaving Thralls with Mesmer Skin active, it restores a charge.
  • When Reaving Allies with Mesmer Skin active, it adds the protective energy to your allies who happen to be in range. A small protective bonus!
  • When REAVE is cast while in DANSE MACABRE, Energy cost lowered to 25. This allows for quicker, risk-free placement of Revenant for tactical maneuvering.
  • The Direction of Reave now follows last Reticle aim point which makes casting more responsive to intent. 

Revenant Fixes: 

• Fixed Revenant’s Reave using the wrong value (Health) for Shield gain.
  • Fixed inability to damage Revenant’s Enthralled enemies with the Arca Plasmor.
  • Fixed Revenant’s Enthralled enemies still attempting to hack terminals during Interception missions. 
  • Fixed Gara’s Mass Vitrify blocking Revenant’s Danse Macabre lasers.
  • Fixed Revenant’s Danse Macabre and Strangledome names being in ALL CAPS.

• Fixed Revenant Reave being capable of flying.

Somewhere in these changes you've managed to leave a bug where the Reave graphics don't disappear after use, you end up with a full screen white 'fog' reducing visibility. 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Somewhere in these changes you've managed to leave a bug where the Reave graphics don't disappear after use, you end up with a full screen white 'fog' reducing visibility. 

So that what it was i thought they added Thich Fog on the mesmer skin its very much unplayable 

Just noticed the little things added to this update that really were things I hoped Rhino Had.

1. making health orbs would be nice, I run a health conversion rhino, but too bad NOTHING drops health orbs
  2. invulnerability when his Nezha's version of iron skin runs out, or like Revenant who has recasting his version of iron skin built in
  3. chargeable rhino charge to get more distance/range, it's currently a bit short with all the open world expansions and larger tiles
  4. I thought rhino would have that neat HUD, but nope it's just a buff indicator in the top right corner...
  5. the last thing I wish rhino had was his stomp no longer turned enemies away from me, or leave the ground at all. You can't shoot their heads when they're flipped so Nox loves rhino stomp, and leaving the ground means you have to wait for the duration to expire before you can effectively recast this HUGE energy draining ability
  6. Ash, Frost and Rhino are of the older frames with prime variants sporting the lowest possible 100 energy pool at base, 150 maxed. Normally this isn't a problem, but you MUST have primed flow for energy reduction sorties, because regular flow, (100+150+50)/4=75, that's one small pool.

Other things to talk about in terms of possible changes:

1. Chroma and Mirage gives modded damage bonus buffs. This means having damage modded weapons are weaker than weapons which has NO damage mods and go fully elemental, multishot, everything except damage, because their abilities over saturate that dmg department. Doesn't seem intentional so shouldn't this be more like Rhino's flat ratio buff? Chroma's 1 is useless the way it is now. Someone suggested lifesteal which isn't bad. His 4, effigy doesn't scale in damage, there's really no hope for it in terms of scaling, I would just like to see it follow me around rather than be an energy draining turret that my Xiphos would do for free.
  2. Ember's world on fire nerf was too strong. Half the radius means 1/4 the area and so nothing really benefits from this. The augment which scales with Range instead of damage would agree.
  3. Excalibur's 3 should scale off melee mods; it's one of the weaker and unused abilities in my opinion unless it's low level exterminate.
  4. Frost's bubble should let friendly fire through like Gara's does
  5. Limbo needs to be reworked once again. You'll know when you get it right when it's no longer possible for a limbo to prevent another player from dealing damage to an enemy to complete the defense wave. (Currently, there's a huge damage embargo on Cataclysm's borders)
  6. Mag is the most CONFUSING starter frame ever, and her abilities synergizes really well with gear new players probably won't have, so why is she a starter?
  7. Mesa's 1 literally makes no sense, it essentially gives a damage bonus after at minimum 12 damage instances from shots to get 100%. It gives a minor buff maybe 2k in damage unaffected by damage mods so you basically use it on 1 shotters like snipers. From testing, by the time you set this up, the time used NOT to cast/uncast 1 but rather to simply shoot another bullet, would ALSO double your damage, which is essentially her 1 at the moment, saving you 1 bullet every 12 shots.
  8. Mirage's 2 should just be something else entirely. It would strictly be an upgrade if it was even just outright eclipses damage reduction separated from her 3 to be damage bonus so players would never have to guess what counts as day and night.
  9. Nekros's 2 makes enemies run away. Not very useful when the point of Nekros is to kill things for loot. Maybe have them cower in place in fear and susceptible to bonus damage?
  10. Nova's 1 decays with nearby enemies, this sucks, isn't useful even at low levels, maybe make it duration based and you can control the orbs to attack if you want to rather than prematurely leave yourself defenseless.
  11. Nyx's 1 prevents you from completing the wave, her 2 amounts to nothing, her 3 is loki's Augmented 4 so I guess there's some use to that? Her absorb is so bad I've yet to hit anything with it. Enthrall would be a good reference to what 1 should be, her 2 could be something more creative like PLAY AS the a mind controlled enemy or even damage link. Her 4 simply needs more range, as nothing ever walks into 10m and walking around slowly never gets anything inside 5 meters, modding for range with 10m base amounts to an abysmal nothing. I really tried to kamikaze those light footed grineers.
  12. Titania's 2 would be nice if the buff wasn't random and were more tangible buffs, her 3 shouldn't make the enemy immortal to all damage.
  13. Trinity's 1 and 2 doesn't work properly with her 3 and 4. Do you want duration or not? 1 and 2 benefits from negative duration, while 3 and 4 benefits from increased duration. Instead 1 and 2 should be an Aura for health/energy over time, so having duration would make sense.
  14. Valkyr, despite what you've done to her, I still just keep myself in her 4 forever. You didn't make it impossible, just made me spend 5k plat to do so. That aside, her 3's low range and long cast animation makes me never use it. I would speed up the animation such that you move while casting it.
  15. Vauban's 1 charges WAY too slowly, his 2 offers nothing useful so maybe reference batman for useful things, like hacking alarms, breaking into things, smoke bombs, copy his utility belt!
  16. Wukong... cosmetically seems to have thick thighs and thin calves, wide chest but twig arms. No functional changes necessary.
  17. Zephyr, her 4 (before the augment) shouldn't pickup enemies to begin with.

And that concludes the list of Warframe shortcomings I wanted to express.

@[DE]Pablo (I hope pinging you is okay) do you think these are things we can tweak in the future?

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

(...If you doubt just how potent 90% damage resistance can be, try out Gara’s Splinter Storm at 130% or more power strength!)

See it's funny because asides from status immunity they're the same ability except Gara's doesn't need an augment.
Which is weird because you'd think the CC Support would be the one who could cast damage resistance on allies rather than the CC... Damage?

Archived