Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.8.0 + 23.8.0.1 + 23.8.0.2

[DE]Megan

Very beautiful skin for a now useless Warframe, 90% damage block? It was not enough to nerf in Ember? What's the next nerf so I can stop playing while there's still time? It's these kinds of changes that make you lose more and more players every day.

Nezha is my favorite frame, so im a little cautious here, but from what I can tell by playing him thusfar:

1 Firewalker- With my original Duration/Efficiency build, I'd NEVER run out of energy in missions. I could keep his 1 on infinitely. Changing it to a duration ability is annoying. I don't even notice when it deactivates most the time, and then have to turn it back on. Allows me to use energizing dash which is pretty good. Does encourage other ability use as opposed to just toggle 1, activate 3 and never touch anything.
The big problem I have with it now, is that pyroclastic flow is complete and udder S#&$ now. Instead of deactivating the ability at no cost to activate pyroclastic flow, you now lose the remaining duration of your ability. If you let the ability run out however, then you can't build up any more charge and inorder to even use Firewalker again, you have to use up your pyro charge. This is a huge oversight. Pyro flow was my fav augment on him and I just loved stacking those numbers. Having to either end my ability prematurely and waste energy or limiting how much it can be charged is a huge nerf. I've had to remove this augment because it just feels so weak now.

2 Blazing Chakram- Still feels clunky, but the charges are definitely positive. I almost never used this ability (and especially not the tele, canceling my pyro flow). The heal was unnoticeable. Changes are a definitely buff and I think coming Nezha builds will center around it.

3 Warding halo- I'm still not sure how I feel about the 90% change, but it does open up new build options which are interesting. Keeping my eye on this.

4 Divine Spears- Still can't reliably ground finish these guys. Otherwise, good stuff. Never did use this ability much as it cost so much and 1 was just so effective.

Either change 1 back to a toggle, or change pyroclastic flow. Perhaps hold 1 to release stored charges and just tap 1 to cancel/activate firewalker?

Everyone's over here complaining about Nezha's ward only blocking 90% damage.

Meanwhile I'm off hitting level 80+ enemies for five digits with chakrams and covering the ground with more health orbs than anyone could ever know what to do with. (Not energy orbs tho. I need those for MOAR CHAKRAMS)

3 minutes ago, Alanthier said:

Nezha's 1 augment still causes movement interruption when using it.  Kind of counterproductive with this overhaul if the augment still reverts it to it's original motion stopping state.  Also, how does the change affect the augments for his 2 and 3?

The Reaping Chakram augment still works as it says on the tin, even though uncharged the chakram bounces around. It's actually sometimes better to not charge with this augment, as the chakram can bounce around and bonk more enemies to do more damage to the group as a whole than if you charged to hit just one or two.

.... Still take the charged shot if you can hit multiple enemies though. That ~4x damage multiplier before the augment is delicious.

Oh and it applies to the chakrams that spawn from hitting speared enemies too. It's nice.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mask of the Revenant: Hotfix 23.8.0.2

Changes:

• Changed Nezha’s Fire Walker to only ‘hop’ when cast while on the floor.

No fun allowed!

Seriously, though. I don't think this breaks anything. It's extremely expensive energy wise to bunny hop with it, doesn't add to the damage output, but it is neat and fun and a silly little quirk. Why can't we keep this?

Heck, I'd go so far as to request that it be changed to be more user friendly and a game mechanic. Allow holding to charge the ability to function as a channeled/repeatable cast of fire walker to "fire skip/fire hop" and have Nezha create little discs of fire under his feat to jump along like a series of trampolines in order to cross gaps and maybe deal a tiny bit of AoE damage as an alternative to bullet jump gliding. For visuals: Ember fireblast, but smaller and a fire 'floor' to stand/hop on. Each hop causes a tiny radial blast dealing a couple hundred fire damage and maybe a chance of igniting. I think this would go well with the playful nature of Nezha as well as his abilities' theme of fire and mobility.

Fixed being able to spawn more enemies/crash the game by spamming the 'Simulate' button in the Simulacrum.

Can you please give us the ability to simulate specific game modes?

Examples...

Simulate Survival with level 150 enemies... they spawn indefinitely as they would in that mode and not the chosen specific enemy custom roster of just 20 cap.

As well as: Defense, Exterminate, Capture (including the Capture target), etc.. what makes sense to add.

Some stuff is hard to test with a limited supply of enemies... like melee combo counter and Khora's whipclaw augment, etc.

Then the current mode would be labeled as Custom Simulate, and the new to Endless Simulations.

Please... thanks... ❤

2 hours ago, Sickle_Slayer said:

Revenant Bugs:

Mesmer Skin: 

• Okay, there seem to be a few bugs with this one. There are reports of people getting shot through Mesmer skin by Specifically Nullifiers.
  • In my own testing I seem to have the opposite problem. Nullifiers do NO damage to Revenant, in fact, they don't even use up a charge of Mesmer skin, they can shoot and shoot, but nothing happens. Definitely seems like a bug.

test it with enenies past level 110 its when it starts to get one shot bug, it used to be 120 before the update......
 levels below that its the opposite as you mentioned above, no damage and no use of charge...

I get a lot of the changes for Nezha and Rage/Hunter's Adrenaline is now fantastic on him. But when Warding Halo drops, you only have literally 1 second to reactivate it. For no longer providing damage immunity, that's garbage. You can now very easily go from partially damaged to dead while watching the for the shield to drop and still not reactivating it in time.

3 seconds would be generous. But due to latency, 2 seconds is the bare minimum. That or being able to recast/recover the shield.

6 minutes ago, kaelvamp said:

test it with enenies past level 110 its when it starts to get one shot bug, it used to be 120 before the update......
 levels below that its the opposite as you mentioned above, no damage and no use of charge...

I first tested it with lvl100's and then I tested it with lvl145's. In both scenario's I wasn't taking any damage at all, and mesmer skin wasn't using any charges. 

8 hours ago, XanZath said:

Nezha was definitely overdue for some changes in order to make him feel better to use so thanks for that. However, making Warding Halo only block 90% of damage feels like a change in the wrong direction.
Also, is zylok just not getting a unique model? I've said it before but the current one seems "a bit" low effort which is why it's being memed.

Did you not see the rest of the changes that go with this? You act like 90%DR is a tiny amount but thats the same S#&$ that makes gara impossible to kill.

Jordas Golem assassinate bug at last boss after intro scene - CRITICAL BUG ( only way out is shutdown game manually and re-enter game, or just abort mission.

Naramon's dash skill can be use on Kuva Siphon and make player can use melee finisher on Kuva Siphon even it's invunerable, unable to kill targets close to kuva siphon with melee.

Also is the game have auto switch host system ? for what, better host for all player in the room ? because it's usually kick the original host out, sometime with someone else.

2 hours ago, DanteBlackmore said:

I think Enthrall friendly fire is fine, unlesss they die automatically after timer end or they recive a heavy damage reduction buff, otherwise killing unneeded enthralled units seems fairly good to me, and i experienced some probles with mesmer skin as well, some damage really bypass inmunity but im not sure whom (Survival at Neptune and with charges left i died several times xD not by bombardants) and eidolon damage is not null, even if its kind of unfair, that inmunity should work on them because revenant have sentient energy right? XD 

Besides of that, i totally agree with your suggestions :3

Oh I'm perfectly fine with having friendly fire. It is mostly in low level missions where having thralls is pretty much useless... They die almost instantly. So I just think it would be nice to at least have an option to turn off friendly fire. Because having a mini horde is just fun, and it seems like it would be a nice touch for them. That's why it would be a toggle, so if people want to have their Thralls for protection, and for the satisfaction of being a vampire overlord, then they can, and at any moment they can turn off friendly fire and end the life of every last one.

1 minute ago, FaytexKuromo said:

Did you not see the rest of the changes that go with this? You act like 90%DR is a tiny amount but thats the same S#&$ that makes gara impossible to kill.

I play Gara a ton. And Gara's damage resist never drops. So you're not going to encounter the same situation.

I'm not speaking in hypotheticals here. I just used Nezha in the stage 3 Grineer Survival Sortie. Saw the shield was going to drop, had the power selected, saw it drop and pressed the button, but was too slow. Back when Nezha was invincible I'd at least be at full EHP when the shield dropped.

Archived