Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.8.0 + 23.8.0.1 + 23.8.0.2

[DE]Megan

Putting this here and I'll post it in a Nezha rework feedback thread if one is made.

This rework is in my opinion the best you've ever done AND comes with fantastic cosmetics to boot.

The skin is highly detailed in texture/materials, energy effects, and shape. I won't even put a syandana on because it covers up the beautiful ring and dragon. Incredibly impressive work from the modelers/artists involved.

Nezha's stat tweaks are excellent. He has very low shields but buffed health, enforcing his health-centered playstyle. Warding Halo allowing damage through is an EXCELLENT change as it gives Nezha synergy with on-damage arcanes, healing sources, Health Conversion, Equilibrium, and Rage/Hunter Adrenaline mods. This opens a LOT of build diversity according to player preference. I also love his cast animation now because I can appreciate it now that it doesn't impede gameplay: it's nice to look at, quick, and we still get invulnerability during his little dance.

Making Nezha's first ability duration-based both eases his modding requirements and gives him a stronger identity: he's a fast, casting-intense durable Warframe. By keeping Fire Walker always on, Nezha is instantly recognizable.

Chakram is HUGELY useful now. You can easily mod it up to 3x damage vulnerability on affected targets and, with Reaping Chakram augment, drop LOADS of health orbs and deal very high damage...But it's heat damage, meaning it's armor mitigated. That's fine because it's so much damage. Gaining multiple chakrams when combined with Divine spears is excellent.

Divine Spears is faster to cast and, with easier modding, able to keep enemies suspended in the air for long periods of time, opening them to concentrated weapon damage from the team, Blazing Chakram for big heat damage, or ground finishers to finish a kill. 

Please continue to give Warframe's attention of this caliber. I can't stop singing the praises of this rework and I'll take Nezha with me anywhere.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Revenant Ability Changes:

We have a big batch of changes to Revenant based on constructive player feedback. Specifics per ability follow below, but a big thanks to everyone who took the time to login, play, and visit a space (forums or otherwise) to give their thoughts. It's crucial to the iteration process. Thank you! 

ENTHRALL:

THRALLS: We have made changes to have Thralls have more value in life AND death - just as Revenant did. The general rule Thralls will follow is they provide CC in Life, Damage in Death. The goal is simply to have an easy supply of Thralls to make use of in both Life and Death. 

Currently Enthrall has the following uses: 

WHILE ALIVE:
You can get up to 7 enemies Crowd Controlled - they won't attack you or allies and will draw Aggro from AI.
It spreads / is transferred - the Enthralled state is contagious!
You can Reave Thralls for greater scaling Health and Shield Leeching.
If Thralls are killed by Danse Macabre, overshield drops are created. 

AFTER DEATH:
It creates a damaging pillar, and that's it. Not useful enough in death at all!

ADDITIONAL After Death:

• We've added the following with this update: 
  • While active, the pillar creates homing projectiles similar to the Vomvalyst attacks and Revenant's Signature weapon, the Phantasma!
  • The pillars can now be exploded to output their damage radially if hit by Danse Macabre.

MESMER SKIN:

On the development build before release, Mesmer Skin was recastable but we removed this due to balance concerns. But, our gut reaction was right and thanks to your feedback we've changed it back to how it was and you can now recast Mesmer Skin to recharge it! 

REAVE:

• Lowered Energy cost to 50.
  • Revenant is now fully immune to damage while Reaving - it's meant to be a life-saver! 
  • When Reaving Thralls with Mesmer Skin active, it restores a charge.
  • When Reaving Allies with Mesmer Skin active, it adds the protective energy to your allies who happen to be in range. A small protective bonus!
  • When REAVE is cast while in DANSE MACABRE, Energy cost lowered to 25. This allows for quicker, risk-free placement of Revenant for tactical maneuvering.
  • The Direction of Reave now follows last Reticle aim point which makes casting more responsive to intent. 

Revenant Fixes: 

• Fixed Revenant’s Reave using the wrong value (Health) for Shield gain.
  • Fixed inability to damage Revenant’s Enthralled enemies with the Arca Plasmor.
  • Fixed Revenant’s Enthralled enemies still attempting to hack terminals during Interception missions. 
  • Fixed Gara’s Mass Vitrify blocking Revenant’s Danse Macabre lasers.
  • Fixed Revenant’s Danse Macabre and Strangledome names being in ALL CAPS.

these are GREAT.....however...CUT THE ENERGY COST DOWN FOR DM........change it back to what it was and make the Pressing go at a higher drain rate....

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dojo Changes:

• A ‘Founding Warlord’ Role has been added to the Clan hierarchy! This hierarchy is above ‘Warlord’ and there can only be one. Founding Warlord has all the permissions of a Warlord, but can also freely change the rank of any member. They also have the option of promoting any Warlord to Founding Warlord. This uses the new type of confirmation where you must type a keyword (in this case "PROMOTE") to go through with the change. The Founding Warlord now becomes visible to others and cannot leave the Clan unless they are the only member or promotes another Warlord to Founding Warlord. If a Founding Warlord wishes to be demoted, they must promote another Warlord, thus switching the Roles. If a Clan has a Founder already set (via Support), that person is automatically given the Founding Warlord Role (even if they weren't Warlord), otherwise the Warlord with oldest join date is made Founding Warlord.
    • This also alleviates a longstanding issue where the Founder of a Clan can leave, but they are still considered the Founder if they come back (and if they don't, the Clan has no member with Founder status).
  • Reworked the Vault contribution screen to reduce the number of steps you must take to contribute. You can also now browse the Resources and Decorations in the Vault! Previously you could only Donate and never knew what was already in there.

@[DE]Megan It would be great if had the option to move decorations ready. Exemp: Robots and etc ...
It takes a lot of time to have to disassemble and reassemble part by part again! 😢
4tf0yIe.jpg

I still feel Enthrall should be castable even when at the 7 Thrall cap - taking in a new one releasing the oldest - allowing it to be a reliable problem-remover ability. I still feel Mesmer Skin ought to auto-Enthrall struck targets, but the recastability at least allows it to be a functional defense now so that's good. I can appreciate the changes to Revenant's 1 through 3, but... Danse Macabre is still the objectively weakest ultimate in the game. I hope changes to it are still somewhere in the pipeline, because its current state is a pretty sorry one.

To reiterate: 

1: it's flat damage that doesn't ramp up at all. Flat damage is virtually useless unless paired with CC or some other utility, or is ridiculously high in the first place. Which this definitely is not.

2: it's very restrictive where it hits at any given time.

3: it restricts you during it, heavily, locking you in that animation. Animation lock can often lead to a death sentence. Anything with high animation lock warrants high payoff for the risk. 

4: it's still got the worst energy economy of any move ever. High cost should mean high payoff. 

5: it's designed to be one of those moves you use when you drop into a crowd of enemies. But with weak flat damage and turning yourself into a sitting duck during its channeling animation, it functions more as a death wish.

All these downsides, costs, and restrictions are grounds for an ability to deliver powerful results. Think of it from a weapon design standpoint. You always balance accessibility with oomph. Easy-to-use hitscan bullethoses on one end of the spectrum, slow clunky range-limited speed-limited chunkers on the other end. This has all the restrictive and conditional makeup of the latter, but the output of the former. It's like a Tigris or Drakgoon or Lanka, delivering Hind damage. 

The 4th ability of literally every other entry in the roster has something it brings to the table. Right now it's just a cornucopia of 'bad' in every conceivable regard. It's a damage ability that doesn't do damage, that costs too much, that puts you in severe danger, that you're better off not touching. With the changes to the rest of his kit I'd say we're half way there - he's at least playable now - but the big crowning piece is still in the shop, so to speak. 

Game keeps crashing for me and my teammates during our excavation mission (Tikal, Earth). The first time it prompted me to rejoin the match and kept all my mission rewards I had, but after the second crash it didn't and I lost everything. I was on the last few minutes of my resource booster and was going on 15 rounds. Very frustrating. 

Alright so I agree that Nezha was due some changes, but I have to say that what's been done to his Blazing Chakram looks like a step in the wrong direction in terms of game balance.

Enemies having a higher chance to drop energy orbs is a good idea when we're not thinking about the rest of the players in the squad, but just imagine how this is going to be a godly synergy when paired with literally any channeling frame, I don't want Revenant's Danse Macabre to get further nerfs because of a Nezha rework.

Thank you for matching the facial accessories energy color to matching the operator suit's energy color. Seeing it affected by what I think was the secondary color had been really annoying. The Revenant changes certainly sound better though I imagine the casting speed will still require Natural Talent, or good cover. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what will be done with Operator hair and the possible kitgun parts in Fortuna. I'm actually hoping the latter includes a barrel that acts like the Baza in terms of innate silence at the very least.

As a side note, Specters are usually gear that players can use in mission, but what if we could deploy them like we do with Extractors? Though I suppose assigning missions to Specters would be a bit different compared to sending out Extractors to collect resources relevant to a particular planet or moon. Still, just a thought.

Mask of the Revenant: Hotfix 23.8.0.1 is now live!

Changes:

• Reverted an unintentional reduction of Revenant’s max Energy. His max Energy is now as it was before 23.8.0.

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when casting Rhino’s Roar ability.
  • Fixed a crash when casting and teleporting with Nezha’s Blazing Chakram ability.
  • Fixed a crash when casting Nezha’s Warding Halo ability.
  • Fixed a crash when loading into certain levels.
  • Fixed a crash when hijacking a Dargyn.
  • Fixed a possible crash when your Sentinel died.
  • Fixed a script error when trying to join a squad that had already disbanded.

4 minutes ago, 0RI0N7 said:

@[DE]Megan It would be great if had the option to move decorations ready. Exemp: Robots and etc ...
It takes a lot of time to have to disassemble and reassemble part by part again! 😢
4tf0yIe.jpg

Nice robot! I wish there was a sort of space hulk mode with infested where the warframes actually used some sort of power armor just for those maps to fight some sort of tougher infested (still soloable, just that armored suit needed)

I've not gotten to play Revenant any more yet, but hopefully I can later tonight. What worries me still are: 

1: Allies damaging Thralls, which prevents the Revenant from placing them in ideal spots.

2: The Overshield orbs not giving enough, as 50 shield restore does basically nothing and most enemies set to lv 10 can remove that shielding in one to two shots. If this was increased to a more substantial amount, like 100 or even 200 shields, it would be worth the cost of Danse Macabre.

The other buffs however, sound pretty useful. Mesmer Skin needed to be recastable, and that buff helps Revenant survive. Reave needed the lower energy cost, and that buff will entice players to actually use it. If the Thralls gain protection from allies and could only be killed by enemies, environment, and Danse Macabre, then Revenant would be perfect with a reason to use each ability for any mission.

I’ve noticed a bug when playing as Revenant with Prisma Shade equipped. Whenever I cast mesmer skin and then be cloaked by the sentinel, my character model dissapears completely once the cloak dispells, and it stays that way for the rest of the mission. I don’t know if you’re already aware of this/already working on it, but I thought I’d let you know.

ty for the nezha rework and the revenant changes.

but there is still the bug of revenant being 1 shoted from nulifiers in level 120+ with mesmer skin on, just test it in simulacrum, spawn a 150 nuli put mesmer on and let him shot you, he spipes you and is insta-kill.

TY ❤️  

The changes to disallow Exodia Arcanes to no longer work on melee effectively killed off the viability of a lot of exalted melee, especially on Wukong who sorely needs the help. Exalted melee is terrible and is in need of some dire buffs to add viability. You couldn't just put off this "fix" before the melee 2.0 pass?

Archived