Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.8.0 + 23.8.0.1 + 23.8.0.2

[DE]Megan

50 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

DE doesn't balance things for level 100. They balance it for Starchart levels. If you want to go higher than that, you can, but you leave the intended testing ground and can't complain when things aren't balanced.

Except, with current Sorties and Onslaught level, your comment is invalid at start.

Things should be scalable through whole content, not just leveling/grinding zones.

48 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Mesmer skin change is not needed if Reave restores its charges.  Too many ways to get charges back is not gud. I think.  Kinda makes these features less valuable.

Good work on Nezha tho.  Keep 90% reduction.  Its totally ok.

Problem is, Thralls never stay around you when you need them. Restoring charges from thralls is moot.

Nezha Feedback:

1. The Firewalker "Hop" is a momentum killer. The prior animation lock could be partly played around by Sliding or Aim Gliding in Air. The "Hop" needs to have no a momentum alteration in Code. Not even sure why it's coded to reduce/rest Momentum, unless this is an unfortunate byproduct of 1-hand casting. It is annoying, almost more than the Animation lock.
  2. Blazing Chakram needs to do a health burst, health Orbs are to finicky and don't return enough health. This is coming from PLAY BASED feedback. Instead the health burst should come from both the Enemy killed and from Nezha himself. The Range of the burst should be upgrade-able by Mods. Health Orbs are too unreliable when combined with Warding Halo's Damage Reduction based system.
  3. Blazing Chakram still needs Aim Assist on initial throw. Please port the Seeking AI from the Phahd Scaffold (Amp Disk Launcher) over to the Blazing Chakram. Or Port the Targeting from the Orvius glaive weapon on a Channeled throw, the one that cause Puppet Mode on the enemies.

Frankly this amount of Rework wasn't really needed. The "Fixes" for Nezha were being clearly stated by the community for quite a while.

1. Speed up Casting times.
  2. Update Blazing Chakram targeting, and give it a big range on the health burst.

That was all you needed to do.

«Reduced the cost of Nav Coordinates required to craft the Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key from 3 to 1.«

omg. Take my hate pls. When thousands of people farming mesa super hard now u giving everyone other x3 more easier drop. Fair.

F A I R.  

Yes im salty.  Farming some crazy stuff couple weeks before they just casually buffed x3...like i said - “super fair”. 

5 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

«Reduced the cost of Nav Coordinates required to craft the Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key from 3 to 1.«

omg. Take my hate pls. When thousands of people farming mesa super hard now u giving everyone other x3 more easier drop. Fair.

F A I R.  

Yes im salty.  Farming some crazy stuff couple weeks before they just casually buffed x3...like i said - “super fair”. 

Life is unfair; get used to it.

It's not about "fair." It's about improving the game experience moving forward, considering Mesa is no longer the newest kid on the block and probably not much of a breadwinner for DE on her own. The cost reduction is a great change for anyone who needs to farm Mesa moving forward, and I sincerely hope DE continues to make similar changes in other loot-related areas of the game.

How is DE supposed to reduce grind if we're going to insist that all players must suffer equally through bad droprates and extensive wait-walls?

10 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

F A I R.  

I enjoy that salt even if farmed Mesa and all pre-buffed Oxium myself long ago ❤️

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A ‘Founding Warlord’ Role has been added to the Clan hierarchy! This hierarchy is above ‘Warlord’ and there can only be one. Founding Warlord has all the permissions of a Warlord, but can also freely change the rank of any member. They also have the option of promoting any Warlord to Founding Warlord. This uses the new type of confirmation where you must type a keyword (in this case "PROMOTE") to go through with the change. The Founding Warlord now becomes visible to others and cannot leave the Clan unless they are the only member or promotes another Warlord to Founding Warlord. If a Founding Warlord wishes to be demoted, they must promote another Warlord, thus switching the Roles. If a Clan has a Founder already set (via Support), that person is automatically given the Founding Warlord Role (even if they weren't Warlord), otherwise the Warlord with oldest join date is made Founding Warlord.

• This also alleviates a longstanding issue where the Founder of a Clan can leave, but they are still considered the Founder if they come back (and if they don't, the Clan has no member with Founder status).

I recently left my clan to go help another clan and then these changes came about.. what happens when I rejoin my original clan that I founded? will I now have to go annoy support to be the clan founder again?

1 hour ago, Xyhon said:

Except, with current Sorties and Onslaught level, your comment is invalid at start.

Things should be scalable through whole content, not just leveling/grinding zones.

My comment isn't invalid. DE makes zones that go past level 100, but they don't balance around those levels. They've said as much on DevStreams. Level scaling was always a soft cap to force you out of the game; it weren't intended as playable content but a wall you were supposed to hit. Balancing for those levels would take longer development times and defeat the purpose of the scaling in the first place.

Changes to rev are really nice, but his passive also need a rework.
He is now invincible, and have A LOT OF OVERSHIELD, so maybe having a passive linked to thralls or something like that would be nice.

Some kind of dmg buff for each thralls alive or HP buff ?

13 минут назад, DiabolusUrsus сказал:

Life is unfair; get used to it.

It's not about "fair." It's about improving the game experience moving forward, considering Mesa is no longer the newest kid on the block and probably not much of a breadwinner for DE on her own. The cost reduction is a great change for anyone who needs to farm Mesa moving forward, and I sincerely hope DE continues to make similar changes in other loot-related areas of the game.

How is DE supposed to reduce grind if we're going to insist that all players must suffer equally through bad droprates and extensive wait-walls?

duude. I mean - just tell month earlier about ur plans to buff hard grind parts. So people can choose wait or do it now. 

and im not speaking about myself - i farmed mesa in one run,easily. Just feels sad cause its unfair for peopl who just farmed her or just hardfarmed 30keys for mesa or etc. Imagine, u just finished exhausting farm and go to forum to see “we buffed this farm x3”. thats bot cool

2 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Level scaling was always a soft cap to force you out of the game; it weren't intended as playable content but a wall you were supposed to hit.

If it wasn't intended as playable content then Elite Sanctuary Onslaught literally would not exist.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dojo Changes:

• A ‘Founding Warlord’ Role has been added to the Clan hierarchy! This hierarchy is above ‘Warlord’ and there can only be one. Founding Warlord has all the permissions of a Warlord, but can also freely change the rank of any member. They also have the option of promoting any Warlord to Founding Warlord. This uses the new type of confirmation where you must type a keyword (in this case "PROMOTE") to go through with the change. The Founding Warlord now becomes visible to others and cannot leave the Clan unless they are the only member or promotes another Warlord to Founding Warlord. If a Founding Warlord wishes to be demoted, they must promote another Warlord, thus switching the Roles. If a Clan has a Founder already set (via Support), that person is automatically given the Founding Warlord Role (even if they weren't Warlord), otherwise the Warlord with oldest join date is made Founding Warlord.
    • This also alleviates a longstanding issue where the Founder of a Clan can leave, but they are still considered the Founder if they come back (and if they don't, the Clan has no member with Founder status).

Thank you for this little change, this is awesome :highfive:

Archived