Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.8.0 + 23.8.0.1 + 23.8.0.2

[DE]Megan

Just now, Roboplus said:

I play Gara a ton. And Gara's damage resist never drops. So you're not going to encounter the same situation.

I'm not speaking in hypotheticals here. I just used Nezha in the stage 3 Grineer Survival Sortie. Saw the shield was going to drop, had the power selected, saw it drop and pressed the button, but was too slow. Back when Nezha was invincible I'd at least be at full EHP when the shield dropped.

I have to be honest, I'm a bit skeptical here. The invuln starts pretty close to immediately after pressing the button now, and Nez has some pretty nice CC on literally every ability he has. I mean, I'd agree that a more noticable indicator for the ward dropping would be very nice, but if you're actively watching for it to drop I'm not quite sure how you'd just get nuked unless you got an unfortunately timed Bombardier rocket in your face or something?

11 minutes ago, Slifar said:

I have to be honest, I'm a bit skeptical here. The invuln starts pretty close to immediately after pressing the button now, and Nez has some pretty nice CC on literally every ability he has. I mean, I'd agree that a more noticable indicator for the ward dropping would be very nice, but if you're actively watching for it to drop I'm not quite sure how you'd just get nuked unless you got an unfortunately timed Bombardier rocket in your face or something?

I'll be honest, I don't care if you're skeptical. Because all I'm asking for is more than 1 second to press a button. Activating the shield makes you invincible for 3 seconds anyway. If someone with a faster reaction time than me intentionally delays reactivating the shield until the last possible microsecond, what difference would it make? It's literally 1 extra second.

When you're driving you're supposed to make sure you're 2 seconds behind the person in front of you for this exact reason. So you have time enough to react.

Can we fix the problem with not being able to finish the Revenant quest now? There's alot of us who listened to the girl and went to talk to konzu and when we came back into the plains the next scripted event (the spirit thing showing up on the other side of the lake again) doesnt happen. Leaving the quest unfinishable. Cant make revenant cuz i cant get his blueprint cuz of this issue. Please fix

That was...unexpected, in the best possible of ways.

Nezha isn't magic, but those complaining about only 90% damage mitigation are missing a very viable combination set.  Namely, Health Conversion and a lot of the bet Arcanes.  In the case of the former, you can take a minor hit to health, use the chakram, add 450 armor.  After running through this on a defense, without any Nekros, the health orbs started despawning because of how many there were.  I never managed to drop below 750 health, despite suicidally rushing into hordes.

Likewise, once the ability to take minor damage is combined with 1350 extra armor, you're suddenly facing off against almost anything and simply smacking it until it submits to your authority (said with the Eric Cartman accent).

The flip side of this is that Nezha is going to take a heck of a lot more forma.  15 spaces for Health Conversion, 15 for Narrow Minded, 9 for Stretch, 9 for Agility Drift, and Primed Flow with Primed Continuity make the build...I'm going to say Rhino Tank like heavy on D polarities. 

Overall, I can only offer praise.  It seems like DE Pablo just gets what the frame can be, and has a heck of a gift for putting it together.  Nezha is less fast Rhino, and more a hybrid of Trinity and Rhino that takes healing and damage tanking at once.  To be fair, health orb drops aren't exactly fantastic; at the same time, not being locked into Trinity to health/energy pinata enemies is nice.  Player choice, in a very real sense.

Let's talk Revenant.  Maybe it's time to burn down the house and collect the insurance money.  

I say this because the Revenant of today is very much different than launch, but it's still just a Nyx+Hydroid+Spin2Win meme.  I can appreciate the recast on Mesmer Skin, I can appreciate the cost down of Reave, and I can even appreciate the thrall death into a modified Phantasma alt fire (the better version, not release Phantasma).  Where you lose me is why I should care, and why running through the bounties is worth the effort.  Nyx does infinite numbers of crowd control over an area, while Thrall is bound by Nekros rules.  Mesmer Skin is a downgrade of Iron Skin and Warding Halo.  Reave is a less awesome Tidal Surge.  Most depressingly, Danse Macabre is a phage set to ocular poison and feels like it was designed to cause epileptic events (more so even than the Mirage disco ball of death).

Is there any chance that we could just get a clean slate here?  The concept has potential, but what we've got is less than stellar.  This is compounded by being introduced at Tennocon as a direct competitor to Nyx with massive CC, but what was released being significantly more...I guess tame would be the right word.

Thanks for a good patch, and showing some love for Nezha.  I'm looking forward to Pablo taking another stab at Zephyr some time down the road.  I spend most of my time with that frame, and it seems like the changes implemented on Nezha (shorter cast animation on Turbulence, immediate effective damage mitigation on start of cast, making Air Bust more directly useful for the team, and making the Tornados more responsive rather than aimlessly wandering the map) seem to be the sauce that would really make Zephyr a more viable choice.  I can also hope (and beg for) for some additional duration on Turbulence, given that it isn't truly invulnerability and occasionally just fails to work as advertised.  Not having to spam it, because it is an incomplete shield, would make it less of a niche you have to build for.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Health Conversion to only remove stacks on Health damage. Previously it removed stacks on any damage, which was counterproductive when the damage was on Shields as they are not affected by Armor.

Finally. Thank you !

Just played a few matches with revenant after the changes and enthrall is still pretty useless. The overshields still sucks, the agro drawing is nice but the on death fire and homing projectiles barely do anything. And this is with a build built specifically around enthrall using 7 forma.

It just seems foolish to build for enthrall when neither it alone or with its synergies is very useful outside of solo play. 

The game is just too fast paced for such a slow and ineffective move. It has slow cast time, makes useless agrosacks and on death makes energy spewing fire?

Seriously what the hell is revenant supposed to be? He has shields, lifesteal, lasers, fire, homing stuff, minions, overshields, procs when he has no shields left, a random cloud dash and total invulnerability....

He is just a mess with no dang coherency. I get that he may be working as intended in a lot of ways and I do enjoy using him for mesmer skin and his ultimate but literally everything else you guys were trying to do with him either doesn't feel natural or just doesn't work at all.

He isn't my least liked frame but he is absolutely the worst designed. 

No frame that looks as cool as revenant should be such a walking junk heap of ideas.

loving the way the warframes are changing and getting better. synergies, support, speed of cast and able to air cast, good CC and rewarding players to use all the powers with synergies. damage output is not what makes frames balance,  the synergies of the kit to make you even more powerful is balance in the works. makes the people that loves the frame powerful, but the ones that want to abuse them for that power not as much unless they learn the sync of all the kit, which most don't.

Played a little bit of Revenant and Nezha...

The Thralls are still worthless. In low to mid level missions (Say around lv 1 to lv 50), you'll never use them because your Thralls will be too weak to survive friendly fire. You'll never be able to set up chokepoints effectively because your allies will just nuke them before you can do anything with them.

Mesmer Skin has a pretty long cast time, recasting it removes any previous charges and you're not invulnerable to damage during the animation. I'm not going around jumping off cliffs to get rid of Mesmer Skin now, but you'll still have the same issues as before when you're surrounded. If Mesmer Skin goes down, either from running out of charges OR having any charges you had prior to recast removed, you're dead.

Reave is MUCH better. I've found myself using it more and more for mobility.

Danse Macabre is still the main ability I'm using. 2 for protection, 3 for mobility, 4 for damage. I've not found myself wanting to use Thralls yet because of the death to friendly fire. Even the homing projectiles aren't making me want to use it. Having to set up a combo of Mesmer Skin/Enthrall isn't ideal, since enemies are still susceptible to allies killing them before I can Enthrall them.

As for Nezha, I'm not a fan of him anymore. The 90% damage reduction is basically worthless because of how low his health, shield, and armor stats are. He's basically a watered down Gara now, whereas before he was a watered down Rhino. His healing isn't that impressive either when compared to Oberon, Trinity, or heck even a Hydroid with Curative Undertow.

Overall, Revenant's Thralls still need to be immune to friendly fire, just like Nekros' Shadows are. And Nezha is basically dead, both literally and figuratively. Sorry Pablo, maybe next time.

This is good however did DE actually listen to our feedback or did the ignore us like they always do because they already did the changes  without asking us first so therefore its too late to do anything about it. This should determine whether if we should even give feedback to re-work/re-visit changes to them.  

Thank you very much for the Revenant revision! now he is my main frame in the amazing game, just one little thing: after using Dance Macabre the toggleable sprint key resets every time and that dont hapen whit other frames, appreciate it if it could be fixed in future updates, thank you again!

I had like 38.9k of health stored on Warding halo and I have safeguard augment on Nezha. When I casted it on friend, it only gave him 2003 worth of health on his halo shield.  i think the update forgot to accommodate for Nezha's safeguard augment? Shouldn't the rework give at least 50% health of the original casted warding halo to my teammates?

rEy8gJ3.jpg

I was originally skeptical about Fire Walker being a duration based skill rather than a channeling one. Other than that, I was interested in how Nezha functioned after the rework.

So after trying Nezha's rework out today...

2 hours ago, masterofdetiny said:

That was...unexpected, in the best possible of ways.

Nezha isn't magic, but those complaining about only 90% damage mitigation are missing a very viable combination set.  Namely, Health Conversion and a lot of the bet Arcanes.  In the case of the former, you can take a minor hit to health, use the chakram, add 450 armor.  After running through this on a defense, without any Nekros, the health orbs started despawning because of how many there were.  I never managed to drop below 750 health, despite suicidally rushing into hordes.

Likewise, once the ability to take minor damage is combined with 1350 extra armor, you're suddenly facing off against almost anything and simply smacking it until it submits to your authority (said with the Eric Cartman accent).

The flip side of this is that Nezha is going to take a heck of a lot more forma.  15 spaces for Health Conversion, 15 for Narrow Minded, 9 for Stretch, 9 for Agility Drift, and Primed Flow with Primed Continuity make the build...I'm going to say Rhino Tank like heavy on D polarities. 

Overall, I can only offer praise.  It seems like DE Pablo just gets what the frame can be, and has a heck of a gift for putting it together.  Nezha is less fast Rhino, and more a hybrid of Trinity and Rhino that takes healing and damage tanking at once.  To be fair, health orb drops aren't exactly fantastic; at the same time, not being locked into Trinity to health/energy pinata enemies is nice.  Player choice, in a very real sense.

I would have to agree with masterofdetiny on this one. I brought Nezha to today's sortie (which includes sortie 3, survival against Grineer on the Grineer Sealab tileset). Only went down once because I got careless when I lost the halo, and I lost that halo multiple times. I'm personally fine with the invincibility frame after the halo breaks, but if Roboplus wants it increased, I... won't be opposed to it.

Oh, and I had no suitable arcanes for Nezha. 6 forma though, so Nezha definitely will need investing as masterofdetiny already mentioned (and considering my build I used for sortie 3, I really only needed 5).

Still rather torn about Fire Walker now a duration skill instead of channeling, though. Energy orbs weren't overly difficult to come by unless I was fighting something like lv155 corrupted heavy gunners. I do use Primed Flow, though, so maybe the increased energy cap helps.

Still trying to figure Revenant out, though. ...Actually, I have no idea what I'm doing with him now orz

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Revenant Reave being capable of flying.

Thanks for the update. I'm loving the Revenant changes. However, him being able to use Reave vertically really helped him move up small ledges in his ult. I feel like removing that was a mistake.

Archived