Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Has Been Surpassed & Succeeded By Revenant

tehflamex

12 hours ago, xcenic said:

i dont know why but every time i hear "Rhino main" i picture a bad player.

Guys this was a “Bait and Switch”.  OP’s true intent is right there at the end, but he didn’t want to wake any slumbering trolls eager to pull their flaming Heat Swords.

This entire thread was a subtle, “Please, DE, 4 2 B MAKING of the RHINO UMBRA with many pleases?”

4 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Trinity is ok, but I found her to be a lot more work to keep her tankiness. 

Rhino is easy mode tank. 

Havent played Wukong yet so I can’t comment. 

I mained Valk P for a while as well and while she is unkillable with her 4 and has a great buff with Warcry and it’s augment, she was still more work than Rhino. 

I think I may main Rhino for a bit as it’s just easy. 

Just go with an Eternal Warcry build. Zero work involved, just toss up Warcry and start murdering with your prefered melee weapon. I've tried hysteria over and over and I just feel so miserable every time due to the low reach and all that. It has two things going for it, execute move on the fly aswell as facetanking without any worries at all. Eternal Warcry builds can do pretty much the same, you just need to weave in her #3 at times aswell to open up for finishers.

1 hour ago, Atekron said:

Rhino was "surpassed"

Rhino is THE TANK, the rest are just traps for noobs, also he is certified eidolon hunter

He is a good buff/cc frame but he is not the best tank.

Inaros, Valkyr and Oberon are probably the top 3.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Guys this was a “Bait and Switch”.  OP’s true intent is right there at the end, but he didn’t want to wake any slumbering trolls eager to pull their flaming Heat Swords.

This entire thread was a subtle, “Please, DE, 4 2 B MAKING of the RHINO UMBRA with many pleases?”

The true intent is no something abstract, is just a simple conception and perception for every single match joined with a pretty variety of rhino player.

-No risk game-play (just press 2 and stay way from disrupts)  

-No skill needed on aiming mostly due the (Arca plasmor, amprex, ignis, astilla, Sonicor) constant use. In most of the case, sometimes you found a Rhino with another weapon on sorties. 

The synergy to follow on nidus and now Nezha make them both a good tanky frames but need to time you stuff and micromanaging you skills, there is no "Apaga y Vamonos" Except Rhino. Even Inaros have to keep on eye his HP and scarabs armor.

Or maybe is a Stacked idea i have from my beginning time on warframe when one of my friend MR12 at that time i was MR2-3 he always was using Rhino, no matter what type of mission he never take risk. After i overpass him ATM im MR25 his around MR15 he still prefer Rhino over everything because he can stay alive no matter what bad player he is (and He is a Really bad player) and get carried by frames.

So in resume i have an inception idea of Rhino main=mid tier player. 

If you join a defense Sortie mission with a Frost the your a low tier, and no because frost its bad for defense mission. So still rhino player are over the lower floor.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Newish player here and Rhino P with Arco, Sonicor and War

new player are NO bad player, you need to be new player, But dont have to be bad player.

The fact you pick Rhino P with Arco, Sonicor and War its no because your bad is because you dont want to take risk. I could Pick

1. Nova P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

2. Mirage P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

3. silence bansee P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

4. Inaros with Arco, Sonicor and War.

And Upscale a little bit. 

Edited by xcenic

21 minutes ago, xcenic said:

new player are NO bad player, you need to be new player, But dont have to be bad player.

The fact you pick Rhino P with Arco, Sonicor and War its no because your bad is because you dont want to take risk. I could Pick

1. Nova P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

2. Mirage P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

3. silence bansee P with Arco, Sonicor and War.

4. Inaros with Arco, Sonicor and War.

And Upscale a little bit. 

That's a very fair point, it is easy mode with that loadout so far. I also play a fair bit of Octavia and Valk P but my builds and in particular my Mangachord need work. Definitely still learning! I do very much help and work with the team.

Rhino isn't supposed to be a tank frame, he's a supportive cc frame with tanky capabilities. Revenant however is a dps warframe, and speaking of him, how is it that now people are saying it's killing rhino when, prior to his release, they said he would kill nyx? Honestly the community needs to chill out. Even if reveneant had a better iron skin, too much meta would get it nerfed. Look at resonating quake or world on fire, the more meta you make something the more likely they are to nerf it.

6 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Because most Rhinos we encounter use the *cough* lazy invulnerability *cough* I mean Iron Skin and Arca Plasmor/Amprex/ other weapon with no aim requirement and rush akin to Leeroy Jenkins into the fray.

As a mot going Valk prime I can confirm this.  It is kinda fun to see the "meta tanks" go to mot unprepared and get rect I have revived Rhino primes and niduses (early on in the unvault they were worse) as either Oberon or Valk.  On mot every Frame has to play smart

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Not really

She can do everything that her Hysteria form can, except for being invulnerable. And you get to pick your prefered weapon type.

1 hour ago, (PS4)death404 said:

That's a very fair point, it is easy mode with that loadout so far. I also play a fair bit of Octavia and Valk P but my builds and in particular my Mangachord need work. Definitely still learning! I do very much help and work with the team.

For Octavia try and get someone to share the Doom theme song with you. It is close to being optimal for her and it still sounds like a song and not just a bunch of noise to maximize the skills. I've also managed to get hold of another song that has the right speed and still manages to sound like actual music. It reminds me of Stormwarrior's cover of the Pretty Maids song City Lights when used with Druk instruments.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

She can do everything that her Hysteria form can, except for being invulnerable. And you get to pick your prefered weapon type.

In a High level Survival run (200 and further), a Hysteria focused Valkyr would do a better job than a Eternal War Valkyr since Armor have a Limit while a Hysteria Valkyr would keep going for a while. Especially with how much damage her Talons can do. With Hysteria, you only need Efficency and Duration or max Efficency and Arcane energize to keep going forever while a Eternal War Valkyr need a lot more work.

6 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

In a High level Survival run (200 and further), a Hysteria focused Valkyr would do a better job than a Eternal War Valkyr since Armor have a Limit while a Hysteria Valkyr would keep going for a while. Especially with how much damage her Talons can do. With Hysteria, you only need Efficency and Duration or max Efficency and Arcane energize to keep going forever while a Eternal War Valkyr need a lot more work.

Well I'm basing it on content that I would personally bother doing. I wont sit through a survival up to level 200, I'd be dead from boredom before getting there.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

For Octavia try and get someone to share the Doom theme song with you. It is close to being optimal for her and it still sounds like a song and not just a bunch of noise to maximize the skills. I've also managed to get hold of another song that has the right speed and still manages to sound like actual music. It reminds me of Stormwarrior's cover of the Pretty Maids song City Lights when used with Druk instruments.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely find it, she's the frame I enjoy playing the most just can't time with my current noise.

1 hour ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Thank you so much! I'll definitely find it, she's the frame I enjoy playing the most just can't time with my current noise.

No problem. With the Doom song it is very easy to go into stealth and all that.

I wanted to mix up the gameplay by using different songs at times but I guess my rock 'n roll and black 'n roll inspired songs just wont work well with the buffs. So it is back to the more thrash and speed metal sounding things like the Doom song.

21 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Rhino was surpassed ages ago, first by Valkyr 1.0, then by Inaros, then by Nidus, then by revenant. 

Have you never used Ironclad Charge? Rhino is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tankier than Inaros, Nidus, and Revenant. Also Valkyr's 4 is barely sustainable nowadays and besides being outright immortal is pointless when you can be close enough while also have a potent team damage buff, and some of the best CC in the game on top of that. It's why Wukong is bad right now. He can't die, but he can't do much else either.

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just go with an Eternal Warcry build. Zero work involved, just toss up Warcry and start murdering with your prefered melee weapon. I've tried hysteria over and over and I just feel so miserable every time due to the low reach and all that. It has two things going for it, execute move on the fly aswell as facetanking without any worries at all. Eternal Warcry builds can do pretty much the same, you just need to weave in her #3 at times aswell to open up for finishers.

Eternal War Valkyr Prime is my next project.  Just perfecting Rhinos loadout first and then maybe do some higher tier stuff.  Once i get a bit bored again ill switch to Valk.

My thought process with her atm is is to focus on Warcry with the augment.  Im going to try out Hirudos on her (dont mind lack of range) with their 5% lifestyle on crits.

Will use rage mod to keep her energy stacked so i can cast Hysteria when needed to get out of a tight spot.

Will run standard crit/speed build for Hirudos.  As far as i can tell, as long as im hitting stuff, i wont die.

38 minutes ago, DecadeX said:

Have you never used Ironclad Charge? Rhino is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tankier than Inaros, Nidus, and Revenant. Also Valkyr's 4 is barely sustainable nowadays and besides being outright immortal is pointless when you can be close enough while also have a potent team damage buff, and some of the best CC in the game on top of that. It's why Wukong is bad right now. He can't die, but he can't do much else either.

There's a reason I said Valkyr 1.0, as in what she was like before the hysteria change. 

And here's something to try for Nidus, build for max health, armor, and power strength, link to an enemy and stand on your ravenous field. See how long it takes to die. You could include arcanes in you want, but as I don't have most of them I've never tried.