Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Has Been Surpassed & Succeeded By Revenant

tehflamex

7 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

In a High level Survival run (200 and further), a Hysteria focused Valkyr would do a better job than a Eternal War Valkyr since Armor have a Limit while a Hysteria Valkyr would keep going for a while. Especially with how much damage her Talons can do. With Hysteria, you only need Efficency and Duration or max Efficency and Arcane energize to keep going forever while a Eternal War Valkyr need a lot more work.

Why not both Hysteria plus Eternal War? (ditch all HP/armor mods)  Technically infinite duration movement/attack buff tossed in with duration for Hysteria, a dash of efficiency and a friggin TON of Strength (more speed, more attack speed, more damage on Hysteria).  I had someone ask what my Zaw was during yesterday's Sortie 3.   That wasn't a Zaw doing 53% of the squad damage, it was 100% Talons.

Really cheap too at only 2 Forma on the frame and 2 on the Talons.  Compared to a total minimum of 12-13 on Titania, Valkyr's quite easy.  (Arcane Energize sold separately)  😊

3 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Eternal War Valkyr Prime is my next project.  Just perfecting Rhinos loadout first and then maybe do some higher tier stuff.  Once i get a bit bored again ill switch to Valk.

My thought process with her atm is is to focus on Warcry with the augment.  Im going to try out Hirudos on her (dont mind lack of range) with their 5% lifestyle on crits.

Will use rage mod to keep her energy stacked so i can cast Hysteria when needed to get out of a tight spot.

Will run standard crit/speed build for Hirudos.  As far as i can tell, as long as im hitting stuff, i wont die.

Most run of the mill Eternal Warcry build needs Primed Continuity, Quick Thinking, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rage/Adrenaline, Blind Rage, Primed Flow and Eternal Warcry, Steel Charge as aura and preferably Pain Threshold as exilus to counter Quick Thinking if you go that low on health, some people still run Power Drift.

There is also the hybrid which uses Hysteria with Eternal Warcry.

Primed Cont, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Intensify/Umbral Intensify, Vitality, Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise and Eternal Warcry, Steel Charge as aura and Power Drift as exilus.

Both fit perfectly well with the same forma setup. Downside is your claws need seperate formaing too. The one that uses Hysteria is way more selfish due to the extremely short range. It is silly good though because you can pretty much skip attack speed on your weapon since Warcry should give over 100%, plus it takes alot to run out of energy since your efficiency for your hysteria will be capped.

Even defense-wise Revenant has a ton of holes in its Mesmer Skin at least from testing in the Simulacrum.  (Some of these are not consistent like Napalm Ground AoE, other scale penetration with mob level/damage like Battalyst energy blasts, others bypass all the time like Hyekka Master firebombs.)

Hyekka Master firebombs, Sentient Battalyst arm blasts, Juggernaut Charges, Swarm MOA Clouds, Napalm AoE (Both initial explosion and fire carpet), Manic Finisher type attacks, Kuva Guardian (all melee aoes), Nox (Toxin AoE and Charge), Toxic Crawler death AoE, Shield Lancer shield bash, Sapping Osprey Mines, Ancient Hooks (this one is weird where 99% damage is blocked out 99% of the time but ~1% of the time none of it is), Infested Maggots, Grineer ballista*, Damaging Grenades (Tusk frost grenades seem blocked), Infested Leaper leap attacks.  (I did not test everything so this is not a complete list)

*I noticed Mesmer Skin's effectiveness GREATLY decreases against some attacks without a sentinel or if the sentinel is killed (glitch?).  With the Sentinel alive it would block out Grineer ballista 100% of the time but the moment it died it would never block even a single shot and I'd die instantly, same if I spawned in without a Sentinel to begin with.

Edit:

After practical testing everything listed that penetrates it in Simulacrum also penetrates it outside of the Simulacrum so this is not limited to that location.

Edited by Ailyene
Updating

1 hour ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

Why not both Hysteria plus Eternal War? (ditch all HP/armor mods)  Technically infinite duration movement/attack buff tossed in with duration for Hysteria, a dash of efficiency and a friggin TON of Strength (more speed, more attack speed, more damage on Hysteria).  I had someone ask what my Zaw was during yesterday's Sortie 3.   That wasn't a Zaw doing 53% of the squad damage, it was 100% Talons.

Really cheap too at only 2 Forma on the frame and 2 on the Talons.  Compared to a total minimum of 12-13 on Titania, Valkyr's quite easy.  (Arcane Energize sold separately)  😊

Hysteria last for over 3 mins at it's longest without Arcane Energize so yeah. I normally use a Eternal War build with 3.5K Armor in my build and I remember doing a Physical Enhancement Survival Sortie 3 with my Maiming Strike Secura Lecta and the Squad i was in had Nidus, Excal Umbra, and another frame i couldn't think of. The Excal Umbra in my Squad got the most kills but i did the most damage and got 98 Headshots with my Secura Lecta. 98.

Edited by VPrime96

revenant won't be surpassing rhino in tankyness until his bugs with mesmer skin are fixed. But once they are revenant could theoretically tank level 9999's just fine. But for now revenant is not going to be able to surpass the millions of iron skin hp rhino can get.

But like I said once DE has fixed mesmer skins bugs such as the whole being 1 shotted through his charges when the damage exceeds revenants total ehp. He will most likely be contesting with the tank frames besides wukong in terms of survivability.

5 hours ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

revenant won't be surpassing rhino in tankyness until his bugs with mesmer skin are fixed. But once they are revenant could theoretically tank level 9999's just fine. But for now revenant is not going to be able to surpass the millions of iron skin hp rhino can get.

But like I said once DE has fixed mesmer skins bugs such as the whole being 1 shotted through his charges when the damage exceeds revenants total ehp. He will most likely be contesting with the tank frames besides wukong in terms of survivability.

Mesmer Skin bugs seems to only apply in Simulacrum though.

Who is " Main Rhino " but use skills mods full time is no more than a main tard. Sad about Rhino now is like he was made for who doesn't want to play hard enough for low levels. 2nd Skill Isolate dmg and outside effects. 3rd skill ( no comments ), 4th skill have a some time duration with a ... quite dmg. Perfect fit for enemies lv 35 under when you feel like unstoppable .

But when it comes to real mission like 60-100 above Literraly, 1st skill barely use, 4th skill cost too much energy when do no dmg match enough for the goods ( 4th skill have dmg is a joke, If they can decrease it's dmg  or just take away the dmg now in exchange for more time or less energy I will glady take it). Once again involve to Zenurik ...

Anyway, Rhino did surpassed long ago by Inaros or Nidus, valkyr ...

I'm mostly use Rhino here. But just got my hand on Rhino Prime. I would said Rhino is tankie because of Rhino's Iron skin. He is, by no mean to be tank Frames. His Iron skin fall pretty fast when using in the wrong situation. I'm also Solo Mot like it's nothing with new Phantasma shotgun (we all know Arca Plasmor cannot use against those Nullifier without destroying the drone or come into the bubble and wasted Iron skin). Well, when his Iron skin fall down it's the moment he also fall. Even with 500+ Armor cannot help him survive. I was try using 700+ Armor to no avail... So, most of his augment are meant to be use for keeping the Iron skin active all the time (Ironclad Charge increase the Iron skin's max health while Reinforcing Stomp restore the Iron skin health. Also, Iron Shrapnel can be use to renew Iron skin early without the danger of being unprotected in middle of the enemies attack).

TL;DR

Rhino survive/tankie because Iron skin. If he lose it he will died easily.

23 hours ago, Miser_able said:

There's a reason I said Valkyr 1.0, as in what she was like before the hysteria change. 

And here's something to try for Nidus, build for max health, armor, and power strength, link to an enemy and stand on your ravenous field. See how long it takes to die. You could include arcanes in you want, but as I don't have most of them I've never tried. 

Yeah but I could charge a hallway of enemies hit 2 and then go eat dinner and still be alive as Rhino when I come back. If I wanted to approach that as Nidus I'd need to build to max stacks first, and his durations would probably run out first anyways eliminating most of his DR. Nidus is extremely tanky, yes, but he does not approach the near stupidity of a good Rhino build, and that's before you account for the fact that Nidus has to stand in a relatively small area to keep his DR while Rhino gets his full range of movement.

• 4 years later...

New player here,
No frame is really better than the other, people can like different frames because of different reasons. Rhino is one of my favorite frames because:
1. He's really easy to farm
2. He's really simple and fun to play for new players and maybe even veterans.
3. He plays really well in almost all missions on the star chart.
I'm really interested in wukong and volt too and want to farm them except that wukong requires a S#&$ ton of plastids :awkward:

On 2018-09-13 at 6:45 AM, tehflamex said:

Upon the recent update and buff to Revenant, my clan leader has fallen into depression as his favorite frame which he views philosophically as the superior tank frame. Rhino, has been surpassed and succeeded by a frame who's truly worthy of claiming the crown, Revenant. He can only pray and hope that Rhino Umbra the one true lord and savior, shall return and reclaim the throne. 

= w=

Let us mourn together for Rhino and all Rhino Mains out there.  /s

Meanwhile, The Rhino Prime

7xfQvvF.jpg

O84ReoV.jpg

nC4ZWJZ.jpg

He is on dating his operator!

so nobody gonna talk about the time skip of about 4 years

3 hours ago, SomeDepressedPotato said:

New player here,
No frame is really better than the other, people can like different frames because of different reasons. Rhino is one of my favorite frames because:
1. He's really easy to farm
2. He's really simple and fun to play for new players and maybe even veterans.
3. He plays really well in almost all missions on the star chart.
I'm really interested in wukong and volt too and want to farm them except that wukong requires a S#&$ ton of plastids :awkward:

get rhino prime he in aya thing I have 7 sets of him if you want one

5p new player discount

EDIT: just realized your pc and we can't trade 😭

Edited by (XBOX)Mineslayer2010