Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think memser skin is overpowered now

Gorlust

Hi, thanks for coming to read about what I have to say

I saw a lot of Revenant feedback before the update and being able to recast or gain more charges for Mesmer skin was something I was hoping wouldn't happen. Mesmer skin already deflected damage, make you not take damage, stunned the enemy that shot you and also made enthrall cost no energy.

I find Mesmer skin to be overpowered as it is now a refresh-able invincibility stun. This also makes Reave less useful as you won't be taking much damage as Mesmer skin can now be kept up.

I don't think I'll get anyone to agree with me but personally I think Mesmer skin should either be not refresh-able or should be refresh-able but you take damage shot at you while still stunning the enemy.

My opinion on invincibility and invisibility is very negative but I think it's good if they have downsides too, like Limbo's rift where a lot of things are restricted in it and Ivara's prowl because it drains energy when you get damaged, I think feedback should be more focused on how to make it more fun and fluid rather than making it better than everything else. I find that this new change to Mesmer skin is going to create a-lot more cheese.

Edited by G0RLUST

19 minutes ago, G0RLUST said:

Hi, thanks for coming to read about what I have to say

I saw a lot of Revenant feedback before the update and being able to recast or gain more charges for Mesmer skin was something I was hoping wouldn't happen. Mesmer skin already deflected damage, make you not take damage, stunned the enemy that shot you and also made enthrall cost no energy.

I find Mesmer skin to be overpowered as it is now a refresh-able invincibility stun. This also makes Reave less useful as you won't be taking much damage as Mesmer skin can now be kept up.

I don't think I'll get anyone to agree with me but personally I think Mesmer skin should either be not refresh-able or should be refresh-able but you take damage shot at you while still stunning the enemy.

My opinion on invincibility and invisibility is very negative but I think it's good if they have downsides too, like Limbo's rift where a lot of things are restricted in it and Ivara's prowl because it drains energy when you get damaged, I think feedback should be more focused on how to make it more fun and fluid rather than making it better than everything else. I find that this new change to Mesmer skin is going to create a-lot more cheese.

I guess you forgot that mesmer only defends against direct attacks.

Napalms, bombards, noxes, tar and swarm moas, various ospreys and grenades all penetrate throught mesmer like its not even there.

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I guess you forgot that mesmer only defends against direct attacks.

Napalms, bombards, noxes, tar and swarm moas, various ospreys and grenades all penetrate throught mesmer like its not even there.

Is this intentional or a bug?

Could you prove either or?

1 minute ago, Fishyflakes said:

Is this intentional or a bug?

Could you prove either or?

Its intentional but i gotta say it seems like it was modified a bit.

Tar attacks and missed bombard shots no longer count as undirected attacks.

Here i take damage from both the swarm cloud and the shockwave attacks:

20180913102336_1.jpg

And here i take damage from the firepatch created by the hyekka master:

20180913101935_1.jpg

I agree that Mesmer Skin is very strong at the moment, but not OP.

I think it whould be OK if the energy cost whould be increased to 75.

This whould also push the synergy with Reave since it's ability to recharge Mesmer Skin is harld worth making use of if you can simply recast the Skin.