The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug Or me doing wrong. Stealth kills

mflames

Question

Morning Tenno's

I just started yesterday for the first time, Focus Farming. Im MR 12, have an amp, etc. So now im trying to focus farm like i see on the youtube vids.
So basically streamers run, something thats invis (Ivara, Loki) , Or something with CC (Banshee, Equanox) and just do slide attacks with something long, atterax or Guindao.

Every slide attack gives them the cap 500% stealth affinity kill bonus, which makes them pocket in focus points.

Im running Loki with Guindao and im not getting that. I can perform 5 stealth kills for the 500% affinity bonus.
How ever when i do a slide attack, i loose that bonus, i dont get a steath affinity kill bonus.

My loki is invis for 27 seconds, i dont have the silence augment. My Guindao is modded for crit, dmg, range, viral, reach.
So im capping only at 1300 - 1500 focus per senda exterminate run. Am i doing something wrong here?

Btw, dont have equanox or Ivara.

17 answers to this question

@mflames It's much faster if you run ESO, you'll probably get carried by a Sarin (this does not imply that you should be in full leech mode) and you'll get about 100k in 8 waves, which are about 20 minutes.

Also, the fastest way to gain focus are Eidolons. You can start doing the Teralyst bounty, if you do it 3-4 times per night you'll get 100-200k, which don't go towards the daily cap. When you gain enough rep with the Quills you can get a better amp and should have some focus nodes unlocked by then, start doing Tridolon and even In public its possible to do 2-3 per night, which will be about half a mil in focus.

Almost forgot, make sure that you have a lens on both your frame and your weapon and if doing Eidolons read up on the wiki, nobody is overjoyed by the umbra with cernos that deals 1% of the damage.

Edited by Ver1dian

Oh alright..

So the enemy AI is coded, that even if i hit 2 grinneers what seems to be the same time, in actuality, one is getting alerted because the other one died by him.

That sucks that enemy ai is so clunky. Now i have to start getting Equinox, to counter this.

Thanks guys appreciate pointing that out for me.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb mflames:

Oh alright..

So the enemy AI is coded, that even if i hit 2 grinneers what seems to be the same time, in actuality, one is getting alerted because the other one died by him.

That sucks that enemy ai is so clunky. Now i have to start getting Equinox, to counter this.

Thanks guys appreciate pointing that out for me.

Also keep in mind that you have to one hit kill them if they aren´t asleep.

If the enemies stand/walk around normally they (of course) recognize a hit if they aren´t killed.

Btw you dont need a melee weapon to do this

For myself I prefer normal weapons with a silencer mod equipped

Edited by BringMeYourAzz

56 minutes ago, mflames said:

You know the 'sad' thing? DE changed it to be like this. 

• It does make sense though. If you see the thing next to you die, you will be on alert.

You do not require Equinox. I did it just fine with Ivara. But EOS apparently has a higher return on "time" now. I cannot verify, I hate it so pretend it does not exist.

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

It's much faster if you run ESO, you'll probably get carried by a Sarin (this does not imply that you should be in full leech mode) and you'll get about 100k in 8 waves, which are about 20 minutes.

I got 212k focus with a eidolon lens on my rhino prime and a reg lens on me weapon so I don't think you get so little and also I recommend you to go to recruit chat to find a squad and try to be a buffer cause you won't die that easily ,you get the same focus, just press 2 buttons in 60sec and just sit back and relax compared to the trinity,Saryn,volt,equinox... they smash buttons when u just do it once every 60sec

8 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

@mflames It's much faster if you run ESO, you'll probably get carried by a Sarin (this does not imply that you should be in full leech mode) and you'll get about 100k in 8 waves, which are about 20 minutes.

Not true. My banshee gets minimum 40k no booster in 5 minutes, and if I am lucky on rooms about 80k. I do it every few days. With my booster and cat yesterday I got 280k in one run, and finished before I was 1/4 way through the second mission for my remaining 90

9 hours ago, krc473 said:

If enemies see their "friends" die, they get alerted. Hence why people use Equinox (AoE sleep stops them seeing you). You can do the same with Ivara, just a little more complicated.

Whenever I do a "exterminate mission without being detected" riven, it doesn't matter what I do as long as I have invisibility and a silent weapon.

4 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

Whenever I do a "exterminate mission without being detected" riven, it doesn't matter what I do as long as I have invisibility and a silent weapon.

That’s nice. Also irrelevant. Try it and monitor your stealth multiplier and report back.

• How a riven works is not important. There is no guarantee at all that the mechanics of the riven and stealth multiplier are the same.

I have previously needed the enemies to trigger the alarm to fail that riven. (I have not done it in a long time) I did it with Inaros and a CL dagger without much issue.

On 2018-09-13 at 11:45 AM, Ver1dian said:

Also, the fastest way to gain focus are Eidolons. You can start doing the Teralyst bounty, if you do it 3-4 times per night you'll get 100-200k, which don't go towards the daily cap. When you gain enough rep with the Quills you can get a better amp and should have some focus nodes unlocked by then, start doing Tridolon and even In public its possible to do 2-3 per night, which will be about half a mil in focus.

Almost forgot, make sure that you have a lens on both your frame and your weapon and if doing Eidolons read up on the wiki, nobody is overjoyed by the umbra with cernos that deals 1% of the damage.

Thank you all for the advice.
SO.. im getting more focus from doing Sanctuary Onslaught, from doing a normal exterminate mission on seda, gives me about 8000 - 11 000 focus. Doing Sanctuary Onslaught gives me about 15 000 - 20 000 focus, however it does take longer than the normal exterminate mission, but yields more rewards, so in terms of efficiency farming when it comes to time, it maybe better to do exterminate.

When doing Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, i cant remember how much i got, because 1) it took long to find a group to play with, 2) i was dying tons and felt embarrassed playing with elite Tenno's.

My set up was Equinox Max range & efficiency, i didnt have any tanky mod in, day form maim (4th ability), so i can clear tile set. at round 4 of ESO i had to use night form Sleep aoe just to not get 1 shot, because the enemy levels were ridiculous for me and we lost due to not keeping the onslaught efficient up.

But after last night farming focus i finally have Energize Dash, so i dont have to worry about energy anymore YEH!

Please help me with a proper ESO build so i can also get those 100-200k focus farms. Below is my strongest gear so far.

Equinox - Max range, efficiency.
Dex Sybaris - Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vigilante armaments, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, Empty Slot.
Atomos - Sure Shot, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Scorch, Pistol Pestilence, Ruinous Extension.
Atterax - Pressure Point, Reach, Organ Shatter, Relentless Combination, Gladiator Rush, Blood Rush, Body Count, Drifting Contact

I do have: Braton Prime, Dread, Hek, Ignis, Lenz, Mara Detron, Mire, Ohma, Orthos Prime, Skiajati, Phatasma, Soma, Guandao, Hirudo, Dex Furis.
The only prime mod i have is : fever strike. I have almost all warframe ability mods, just not prime ones.

I dont have: Ivara, Mesa, Ash, Harrow, Gara, Hydriod, Atlas, Mag, Nekros, Nidus, Nova, Oberon, Octivia, Revenant, Saryn, Trinity, Wukong, Zypher.

5 minutes ago, mflames said:

Thank you all for the advice.
SO.. im getting more focus from doing Sanctuary Onslaught, from doing a normal exterminate mission on seda, gives me about 8000 - 11 000 focus. Doing Sanctuary Onslaught gives me about 15 000 - 20 000 focus, however it does take longer than the normal exterminate mission, but yields more rewards, so in terms of efficiency farming when it comes to time, it maybe better to do exterminate.

When doing Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, i cant remember how much i got, because 1) it took long to find a group to play with, 2) i was dying tons and felt embarrassed playing with elite Tenno's.

My set up was Equinox Max range & efficiency, i didnt have any tanky mod in, day form maim (4th ability), so i can clear tile set. at round 4 of ESO i had to use night form Sleep aoe just to not get 1 shot, because the enemy levels were ridiculous for me and we lost due to not keeping the onslaught efficient up.

But after last night farming focus i finally have Energize Dash, so i dont have to worry about energy anymore YEH!

Please help me with a proper ESO build so i can also get those 100-200k focus farms. Below is my strongest gear so far.

Equinox - Max range, efficiency.
Dex Sybaris - Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vigilante armaments, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, Empty Slot.
Atomos - Sure Shot, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Scorch, Pistol Pestilence, Ruinous Extension.
Atterax - Pressure Point, Reach, Organ Shatter, Relentless Combination, Gladiator Rush, Blood Rush, Body Count, Drifting Contact

I do have: Braton Prime, Dread, Hek, Ignis, Lenz, Mara Detron, Mire, Ohma, Orthos Prime, Skiajati, Phatasma, Soma, Guandao, Hirudo, Dex Furis.
The only prime mod i have is : fever strike. I have almost all warframe ability mods, just not prime ones.

I dont have: Ivara, Mesa, Ash, Harrow, Gara, Hydriod, Atlas, Mag, Nekros, Nidus, Nova, Oberon, Octivia, Revenant, Saryn, Trinity, Wukong, Zypher. 

The thing about Equinox in ESO is that you have to always keep running, he can easily top damage over Saryn and Volt, but even if you put some defensive mods he goes down in seconds. If you want to run with him just put in some defense and make sure your space button is welded to your arm.

If you want to go in ESO calmly, I see you have Inaros, Valkyr and Rhino, build one of them full tank, use only Orthos Prime, no main or secondary needed, build it for crit* and give the resident Saryn a run for her money.

*Meme strike is broken if you feel like it.