Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Required Solo Sortie Qualifier

Almagnus1

DE should have the following missions as a sortie qualifier, done at Sortie 1 difficulty solo without items and none of the usual sortie modifiers:

• All of the Corpus spy rooms
  • All of the Grineer spy rooms
  • All of the Kuva spy rooms
  • All of the Uranus spy rooms
  • All of the Lua spy rooms
  • All of the boss fights
  • 5 minute survival
  • 5 wave defense
  • Hijack
  • Capture
  • Rescue
  • One of each of the Sabotage missions

If a player can do all of the above, then they get to sortie, otherwise they're locked out of sorties until they complete the qualifier.

Edited by Almagnus1

4 minutes ago, seprent said:

lemme guess got a team that was below average at the sortie challenges today?

Nah, just trying to solve a problem to prevent more QQ threads.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

How about no.

Afraid you'd fail the qualifier, eh?

15 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

My question for you is what's the point of adding a qualifier? What does this prove? Why should any player have to do a 5 min survival or a 5 wave defense with level 50+ enemies solo? It doesn't prove anything. All it does is promote players to find the easiest way to cheese the content, and we already have missions for that.

56 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

I've recently started doing sorties 100% solo, some of them test my skills (and patience) as a player. Glad I'm doing it though. I highly recommend (plus if you watch any of Tavier Corsair's videos, they are DAMN inspiring!)

If you want to have a real challenge that truly tests your patience and skill, then do them public. Ever failed a public sortie spy mission 3 times in a row whilst babying randoms who don't know how to do spy missions? Ever played with randoms who keep dying in almost every other tile on a sabotage? Public sortie is true end-game my friend. 

24 minutes ago, NPC said:

Going Sorties public gives u the most hardcore modifier of them all: Randoms. 

As some wise man once said, randoms are descended from raccoons, they're the real deal. 

Well said. Public sortie is true end-game. (Well, fashion frame is true end-game but you get the point)

As for this test, its redundant. By the time players actually get to do sorties, they've already gained enough of the minimum skills needed. Just because OP got stuck with a bad team/game doesn't mean every player now has to do those stupid tests. What is this high school? 

28 minutes ago, NPC said:

Going Sorties public gives u the most hardcore modifier of them all: Randoms. 

That’s what I do when I’m looking for a challenge. Switch it to public and watch the world burn. 

On a side note. I like to do sortie spy in public, and race to C to see if I can get it done before anyone does A.

Fun story: I finished C and ran back to B one time. Vault A was still not done. Told the team someone else needed to do A. Two of them grumbled like children, and someone finally did it. (Wish I had recorded it)

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

DE should have the following missions as a sortie qualifier, done at Sortie 1 difficulty solo without items and none of the usual sortie modifiers:

• All of the Corpus spy rooms
  • All of the Grineer spy rooms
  • All of the Kuva spy rooms
  • All of the Uranus spy rooms
  • 5 minute survival
  • 5 wave defense

If a player can do all of the above, then they get to sortie, otherwise they're locked out of sorties until they complete the qualifier.

Heavily focused on spy missions here. I smell biased opinion.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Trying to prevent QQ threads.. However the only QQ Sortie threads (2 including this one) have been biased towards spy missions. As it was said in the last QQ thread. Either run it solo, or recruit for competent players. Stop having expectations that public groups automatically mean competent.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

1 minute ago, babywrath said:

If you want to have a real challenge that truly tests your patience and skill, then do them public. Ever failed a public sortie spy mission 3 times in a row whilst babying randoms who don't know how to do spy missions? Ever played with randoms who keep dying in almost every other tile on a sabotage? Public sortie is true end-game my friend. 

Well said. Public sortie is true end-game. (Well, fashion frame is true end-game but you get the point)

As for this test, its redundant. By the time players actually get to do sorties, they've already gained enough of the minimum skills needed. Just because OP got stuck with a bad team/game doesn't mean every player now has to do those stupid tests. What is this high school? 

Let me quote myself:

1 hour ago, Zyneris said:

I've recently started doing sorties 100% solo, some of them test my skills (and patience) as a player. Glad I'm doing it though. I highly recommend (plus if you watch any of Tavier Corsair's videos, they are DAMN inspiring!)

I usually always do things public because I'm not on consistently enough to play with a group. AND all my tricaps (different subject) are from pubs. Trust me friend, I know all about the pub sector. You get goods and bad ones, but if you truly don't want to deal with it, learning to solo is your best friend (for missions that really don't need the extra people).

4 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

Spy missions should not be in sorties at all, they don't get harder what ever modifier there is or enemy level. 

Can't cipher them.

Most annoying hacks (Not difficult just annoying).

Have to complete all 3 or fail.

You could make the same case for Interception missions = Take Limbo, only stop Nullifiers.
You could make the same case for Mob Defence = Vauban, Press 3, go AFK.
You could make the same case for Defence = Take nuke frame like Saryn, Volt, Mesa.
You could make the same case for Sabotage = Anything works really.
You could make the same case for Assassinates = Take Chroma
You starting to get the point here?

Stop pretending this about harder content, you just don't want a game mode you actually have to put some effort into it.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

What's with all the feedback getting moved to General Discussion of late?

maybe the mods think if we focus our attention on grilling people's bad suggestions, we'll stop mentioning the content drought that's happening... if my account gets banned suddenly, you'll know it's true *hides in back of thread wearing tinfoil hat*.

on topic though... no. qualifiers aren't necessary, and wouldn't do anything more than gate players out of sorties for a short time.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

Spy missions should not be in sorties at all, they don't get harder what ever modifier there is or enemy level. 

exactly, and that's why they're great: Ivara with Infiltrate makes it a free sortie completion. you can even stroll around and just take in the wonders of the Tileset, notice things you normally might miss, maybe even have a poke around for Ayatan Sculptures or whatever. but if DE decided tomorrow to remove Spy Missions, what would they be replaced with?

- more long Defenses with augmented armour where you need a frost or limbo to even stand a chance?

- more Radiation Survivals where randoms will be one-shotting you on the way to life support?

- perhaps more Assassinations? who doesn't love fighting Vay Hek at level 100, with Physical Resistance?

my point is there's a certain give and take, and those complaining about Spy would just start complaining even harder about having to do 3 long, tedious missions instead of 2 and a Spy that can easily be done solo. be very careful what you wish for, because you might get it delivered in a way you didn't expect.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

EFgi.gif

However, I'd say keep spy missions to the first and second, don't make spy missions the 3rd mission because the third should be an actual challenge, like ambulas with elemental or physical enhancement.

See, that's not a terrible idea, as much as I like a Spy conclusion to a Sortie, it can feel.. anticlimactic. getting a Riven after an Assassination (Seargent not withstanding) makes it feel like I've, for lack of a better word, "earned" it more. getting a Riven after an easy mission just feels like I got lucky, which is great but it's not the same feeling. making the 3rd mission a guaranteed Assassination would help players get more practice in against these tougher versions of bosses, and could potentially give people the feeling that they "earned" their reward if it's a good one. (but it would also tick off people that get Endo all the time, can't please everybody).

it wouldn't be adding difficulty, just ensuring there's a consistent level of what difficulty there is in Sorties.

39 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Heavily focused on spy missions here. I smell biased opinion.

... Have you ever seen a public spy mission sortie?

At least forcing players to complete all the spy chambers once with the usual sortie settings would help with that situation tremendously because players would either need to figure out how to cheese the chamber so they can complete it, or they'd actually be forced to learn how to complete that spy chamber.

39 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Trying to prevent QQ threads.. However the only QQ Sortie threads (2 including this one) have been biased towards spy missions. As it was said in the last QQ thread. Either run it solo, or recruit for competent players. Stop having expectations that public groups automatically mean competent.

So, why should we expect public groups to suck?  How is that good?  Besides, when there's opinions like:

28 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

I should be able to have my opinion to counter this one.