Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs an Endgame

_Summit_

Just a little backstory I've been playing Warframe for about four years now on PS4 and more recently PC. I enjoy pushing my gear and working with teammates to take sub-par and non-meta set-ups into 2 hour + long survivals, 100 wave defenses ect. Mainly because I love finding solution's to problems that the game throws at my teammates and I. However we as players have been getting exponentially stronger over the last couple years where-as the enemies we encounter have not. This leaves us with a bunch of extremely powerful set-ups and gear with nothing to use them on. Why would I go out and forma a weapon I like 6 times or attempt to get the perfect riven for it, if it doesn't yield any difference in the content that the game is throwing at me? I've had several friends start playing this game only to leave after 3 months once they realize that there's no real content beyond sortie level. This is immensely frustrating for me because I love playing this game, but this endless power-trip has never been a bigger issue than it is right now. I don't care how harder content is implemented, I just hope that it happens and it happens soon. 

EDIT: Changed Title from "Warframe Will Die Without an Endgame" Because it's a stretch, will it die sooner if it doesn't have an endgame? I think so. Just wasn't very conducive of having a constructive conversation about why warframe should have an endgame/challenging content. 

Edited by _Summit_
Changed title

A game which constantly improved and new content coming always there won't be any end game. This is not a single player game where you reach the final point and you will see end cinematics and the credits. This is an online game and every content will push higher the " end game " content which means it will be slightly new and more difficult. The kingpin system which is delayed at moment could be something similar to end game but that is mostly just an endless game mode type where you can make your own missions and play them.

For me it is totally fine there is no end game because that should mean they need to stop adding content and then the game die out after you finish the starchart.

if you can get past the topic name what he says is actually correct, i love warframe but there isnt any real tough content in this game, thats why after like 1-2 months of content drought peoole loose interest over it, there is like 60% of playerbase who just play on big updates

There needs to be something most veterans can login daily and use their overpowered frames and weps upon. Most people login just for their login reward (most veterans that is)

Edited by ZirkonX

it's probably not going to just up and dead fish.
but, as time goes on, the fluctuations in Player activity between an Update being released and all of the time before and after it - will only continue to grow.

since the game is planning on relying on being a collection simulator until the end of time, that means that there's.... borderline zero self investment into the game and when there isn't a new thing to click Craft on and logout again for weeks at a time, it'll only accelerate towards that result of hundreds of thousands of people logging in for an Update, and logging back out the next day until the next Update.

as the old addage is, no matter what you do it is impossible to create content faster than Players will finish it.
which has always meant that you need to make Content have some meaning or challenge to it so that doing it more than once is something the Player will care about.

which all revolves back to that your Reward for progressing in Warframe, is less things to do. less game. less interest. Et Cetera.

4 minutes ago, _Summit_ said:

Fair enough, the title was pretty clickbait I will admit that but the points I made in the post still stand. 

The thing is, while posts keep this thread up, many people missed the point you tried to make.

I agree with what you say, but this thread will derail shortly 😱

sure, it might, but that'll only be if one hasnt been added by the time the game reaches the end of its lifespan, not the cause of it. there is a fundamental issue when it comes to 'endgame' content in warframe tho. due to how the balance is, its not rly possible as the game is atm

7 minutes ago, ZirkonX said:

there is like 60% of playerbase who just play on big updates 

I strongly doubt that from which data did you pulled that number? Or is it something you just made up?

Warframe will not see a "end game" because warframe is basicly a evolving game sometimes it goes fast and sometimes (like this year) it goes a bit slower, but it will never end.

If you really want a "end game" try closing the game I think that surely be epic "end game" you @_Summit_ seek.

3 hours ago, Ouroboros13 said:

It's FREEEEEEEEEE , just enjoy bro

Just because a game is free doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to criticize it so it becomes better. Like I said I love playing warframe and it pains me to see new players joining realizing there's no challenging content and leaving. 

1 minute ago, _Summit_ said:

Just because a game is free doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to criticize it so it becomes better. Like I said I love playing warframe and it pains me to see new players joining realizing there's no challenging content and leaving. 

If a "new player" comes to the point where he finds no  challenges left in the game, I doubt you can call that a "new player". Who is not to say at 1 point we can go to other solar systems? I believe Steve once mentioned that the current nav map is made in such a way they can extent upon it when they come to that point. So who knows wat will come in a few years. And for every 1 guy/girl/it/thing and or stuff leaving the game atleast 1 other person or something and stuff starts playing or comes back after forgetting about the game.

So it would take a LOT to see warframe empty out of players and DE deciding its not longer worth developing new stuff for the game due to lack of players.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions, I just want some clarification;

What do you mean by "die", exactly? Are you referring to the inevitability of online games coming to an end at some point, and that if DE doesn't act soon and implement late game content, Warframe will have never achieved an actual endgame? If so, I feel that's just pointing out the obvious.

Or do you mean Warframe will die because it never achieved an endgame?

When there is 'endgame' then people will start to complain there is nothing beyond endgame to further push our power. This is never ending lol

Yes 1000 waves defence or 1 week survival can get boring. Just go play other games when bored of warframe.

3 hours ago, Defion said:

I strongly doubt that from which data did you pulled that number? Or is it something you just made up?

Warframe will not see a "end game" because warframe is basicly a evolving game sometimes it goes fast and sometimes (like this year) it goes a bit slower, but it will never end.

If you really want a "end game" try closing the game I think that surely be epic "end game" you @_Summit_ seek.

His 60% estimate isn't too far from the truth it's pretty apparent just by looking at steam charts that a large number of players join and then leave after big updates. https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All 

Also I want to improve Warframe as a game, closing the game would be a much easier route then posting on here.