Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: Date Announcement!

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

No sorry, you're just wrong. Even Fortnite, the game that began all this mess IS ACTUALLY CROSS-PLAY on PS4 (with PC and Mobile), Sony has been doing cross-play since PS2 (with FF XI, funny enough this was even cross-play with XBOX 360 and PC of course). Vita being dead means nothing, that's what started the cross-play movement.

Microsoft on 360 tried cross-play with PC and then stopped cause it was a failure (Shadowrun). About them willing to pay Sony for cross-play is something you have to give proof of since there's no article talking about that. It's also nice that you have a crystal ball and can see in the future, how are PS5 games? 😜

You have to understand that PS4 being the market leader is what spung Sony's refusal of cross-play with rival consoles, it's natural for it to be this way, it makes perfect business sense, people might not like it but that's how it is, maybe it'll change in the future, who knows.

Exclusives exist to incentivize people to buy a specific platform, they'll never will (and shouldn't) go away. Imagine buying McDonald's food at a Burger King, that's not how brands work, everyone want to cut themselves a piece of the pie and they don't wanna share it with anyone else (AND EVERYONE WANTS THE BIGGEST SLICE), capitalism my man/woman.

Edit: Also this it totally off topic and I won't post about this matter anymore in this thread.

The PS4 is only crossplay with Mobile, NOT PC.

I never said how PS5 games are, I said it will LIKELY affect their sales. Big difference.

Sony are currently the market leader due to selling more consoles because of exclusives. Their sales are slowing with the age of the consoles vs Xbone and Switch, and as I said, if they openly refuse to co-operate with the other companies so their players can join everyone else, it'll LIKELY affect sales.

Yes, exclusives do, however they should go away. Due to exclusives there has been necessary toxicity in the gaming community as a whole, something that should NEVER exist. We're here to play games and have fun, not rag others for their choice of console. Example, I work in a games store. I sell games for a living. There have been countless times customers have tried arguing with me that consoles are better than PC simply due to the fact they have certain exclusive games. Why? No reason other than they want validation in buying their console and to make another platform or persons choices seem invalid, again, something that shouldn't exist in games.
Gaming is very different from food, so you're making a very broad argument that doesn't hold ground there. 

8 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

No sorry, you're just wrong. Even Fortnite, the game that began all this mess IS ACTUALLY CROSS-PLAY on PS4 (with PC and Mobile), Sony has been doing cross-play since PS2 (with FF XI, funny enough this was even cross-play with XBOX 360 and PC of course). Vita being dead means nothing, that's what started the cross-play movement.

Microsoft on 360 tried cross-play with PC and then stopped cause it was a failure (Shadowrun). About them willing to pay Sony for cross-play is something you have to give proof of since there's no article talking about that. It's also nice that you have a crystal ball and can see in the future, how are PS5 games? 😜

You have to understand that PS4 being the market leader is what spung Sony's refusal of cross-play with rival consoles, it's natural for it to be this way, it makes perfect business sense, people might not like it but that's how it is, maybe it'll change in the future, who knows.

Exclusives exist to incentivize people to buy a specific platform, they'll never will (and shouldn't) go away. Imagine buying McDonald's food at a Burger King, that's not how brands work, everyone want to cut themselves a piece of the pie and they don't wanna share it with anyone else (AND EVERYONE WANTS THE BIGGEST SLICE), capitalism my man/woman.

Edit: Also this it totally off topic and I won't post about this matter anymore in this thread.

I’m just going to say, Fortnite is most definitely not cross-play compatible with PS4. Epic has tried and was turned down. Neither is Rocket League, and Elder Scrolls Legends isn’t going to be on PS4 when it goes on Xbox for this reason as well. Where do you get your info on all this?

8 hours ago, Sean said:

Maybe it's time to start re-evaluating the way the ports have been handled to allow for some crossplay even if it's just X1, Switch, and PC (since Sony is pretty adamant on being walled-off).

While it would be a significant undertaking considering the differing methods that Tennogen is handled, along with updates, no better time to start looking into how it can work than before a new platform is getting the game ported to.

Honestly wouldn't mind if there was just no trading between players on differing platforms if needed.

In regards to updates, could have an opt-in route that allows for people to agree to "testing" updates that haven't passed the normal cert process.

Although Sony doesn't allow cross play with other console they do allow cross play with PC. So if they could find a way to get both PC and consoles on same build Sony would allow that. It would be like Fortnite PS4 and PC can join each other, but an x1 play wouldn't be able to join.

But yea its mainly about PC frequent updates and Consoles week sometimes 2 long certs. 

1 hour ago, WingedCrusade said:

I’m just going to say, Fortnite is most definitely not cross-play compatible with PS4. Epic has tried and was turned down. Neither is Rocket League, and Elder Scrolls Legends isn’t going to be on PS4 when it goes on Xbox for this reason as well. Where do you get your info on all this?

Fortnite is cross play between PC/PS4/mobile. Ps4 cannot cross play with switch and xbox 1.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Did you watch September 13th's Nintendo Direct?

You may have caught mention of Warframe!

Warframe is coming to Nintendo Switch on November 20!
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1040367043420184577

Well I asked the minor questions for Devstream. But this is better.

Hello I'm Evilpricetag, newly MR 25, from Xbox.

Its my understanding that tranfer from console to console wont happen. I'm actually excited about a new start, I've made new accounts to play Warframe, but dont like keeping them on my Xbox...

My main concerns & questions:

Will Warfrme on Nintendo, receive most in game & out of game events?

• Tactical alerts
  • Plains of Edilon Sacrafice, past Twitch drops.
  • A way to get Tennocon cosmetics if any of our previous platforms have them.
  • Immediate Nintendo cosmetic pack exclusive, or soon
  • What build/update
  • As PC will be the only one allowed to transfer, a possible option to keep everthing, or just keep purchased goods.
  • Will all Prime Access be available through the year? Vault opening?

So I had a Switch, loved it, ran into financial issues, but now have leaped over all that. I can easily buy the Switch on that date, but would love it if you hyped it up for me. I will immediately be buying 360 weapon slots, Harrow, Octavia, and Gara so I may be showered in rivens instead. Also ther necessary slots. If Switch gets all the PA's with in relative time I'll probably Switch.   Sooner

2 hours ago, -CM-NineFingers said:

Consoles. We on PC are the bugtesters, consoles can't endure the amount of errors we get on new releases here.

I haven't been up to date, but at one point it sounded as if you could use your PC account on the Switch seamlessly, and continue back on PC as you wish.

Also, we have Fallout & Skyrim on console. Bugs are plentiful with Bethesda.

Dragons flying backwards was a PlayStation exclusive glitch.

hace 38 minutos, (XB1)Evilpricetag dijo:

I haven't been up to date, but at one point it sounded as if you could use your PC account on the Switch seamlessly, and continue back on PC as you wish.

Also, we have Fallout & Skyrim on console. Bugs are plentiful with Bethesda.

Dragons flying backwards was a PlayStation exclusive glitch.

Some bugs are harmless; however, there's a good reason for Cert before console builds. A memory leak is easier to endure on a PC, for example. Bugs with ingame emchanics are not of interest, gamebreakers are.

As much as I would like to see it, crossplay will never be a thing. It can't be due to a bunch of technical limitations. Warframe is peer-to-peer, that's why host migration is a thing. That means that whoever is hosting the session needs every asset loaded on their platform or the game will not load right. So every tennogen skin, every console exclusive item/skin, etc. All of those have to be loaded on every platform, ever if they can't ever be used on that platform, to keep that from happening.

This then means that you have to keep all 4 platforms in perfect sync at all times. So PC releases have to be held until console cert is completed for all 3 console platforms, then the release has to be coordinated to be simultaneous for all platforms. PC could never receive a hotfix for an issue because that would cause the client to go out of sync. Minor texture bug, gotta wait for console cert to fix it. Gamebreaking bug that is preventing a bunch of players on Xbox for example from progressing a quest, gotta wait for console cert on Switch and PS4 before a fix can go it. Is it possible, yes. Would it be a nightmare of coordination and stifling to the developers, also yes.

I know it sucks to not be able to play with people across all platforms, etc. As someone who has both PS4 and PC accounts that they have invested significant amounts of time in, and intending to copy and add Switch as well, I wish I could focus on 1 platform and still be able to play with friends on both. But that's not what we have, and there are good reasons why we can't have it so maybe we move on to better questions. Like can we transfer our clans over with our accounts as well so we don't have to redo all our research?

1 hour ago, Furiel_CoA said:

So every tennogen skin, every console exclusive item/skin, etc. All of those have to be loaded on every platform, ever if they can't ever be used on that platform, to keep that from happening.

I did read the entire post, but as far as I'm aware everything is on PC build, just not all usable. China-frame doesn't get tennogen, but it's still linkable, why download properties that can't ever be used?

The new UI being pushed on console was intentionally so less console specific updates would be made and need fixing. I wouldn't doubt if all exclusive skins exist on all platforms, if a glitch ever arises that it is obtained on the wrong one, they will simply fix it. This makes cert cycles faster. We get updates nearly every month now. In the past console sometimes had to wait three months.

Prime streamline exists, you just can't get it. I believe China had an event for it, no real use in existing for DE when they have godmode.

Hope we get to farm that Hema again.

Edit: in fact the phase steam exclusive skins are linkable on console, but excal prime isnt. Lato prime was buffed in console update notes even though we can't ever get it.

9 hours ago, WingedCrusade said:

Rocket League cross-play PS4/PC

http://rocketleague.wikia.com/wiki/Cross-platform_play

Fortnite cross-play PS4/PC/Mobile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite_Battle_Royale

In March 2018, Epic announced it was making Fortnite Battle Royale for Android and iOS mobile devices. These versions have cross-platform play with the PC and Xbox One versions, and, separately, with PC and PS4.

Where do you get your info on all this?

Archived