Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clan hierarchy changed? What's up with "Founding Warlord"?

kazenioware

Maybe i missed the memo, but:

I am the actual clan lead with another clanmember - till now.

Another player, once clanlead 2 years ago, he did not founded the clan, is now above us, called "Founding Warlord".

Is this a bug or just some - eh - let's call it feature?

Did someone get the memo?

If so, DE, you just simply can not do that.

Edited by kazenioware
  • Like 1

" A ‘Founding Warlord’ Role has been added to the Clan hierarchy! This hierarchy is above ‘Warlord’ and there can only be one. Founding Warlord has all the permissions of a Warlord, but can also freely change the rank of any member. They also have the option of promoting any Warlord to Founding Warlord. This uses the new type of confirmation where you must type a keyword (in this case "PROMOTE") to go through with the change. The Founding Warlord now becomes visible to others and cannot leave the Clan unless they are the only member or promotes another Warlord to Founding Warlord. If a Founding Warlord wishes to be demoted, they must promote another Warlord, thus switching the Roles. If a Clan has a Founder already set (via Support), that person is automatically given the Founding Warlord Role (even if they weren't Warlord), otherwise the Warlord with oldest join date is made Founding Warlord. 
This also alleviates a longstanding issue where the Founder of a Clan can leave, but they are still considered the Founder if they come back (and if they don't, the Clan has no member with Founder status). "

Edited by AandOE
Forgot to bold the answer, my apologies.

Thanks, AandOE.

He had to leave the clan and rejoined to give up his position. And now he is again top of the food chain?

You just can not put some guy in sovereign position without asking us. There is a reason why we became clanlead. I invested far too much time and ressources into this clan. If i get kicked, i will walk away from this game for good.

Now that's just plain silly...

This ain't right.

50 minutes ago, kazenioware said:

I am the actual clan lead with another clanmember - till now.

actually, you were not. 

this has always been in the game, but not represented in the UI. Support has being doing the legwork of managing this hidden aspect by hand until now.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-09-13 at 7:27 PM, taiiat said:

actually, you were not. 

this has always been in the game, but not represented in the UI. Support has being doing the legwork of managing this hidden aspect by hand until now.

I don't know about their situation, but I founded my own clan because I wanted to see how dojo contruction worked, and knew I'd be away from the game for months at a time, years ago. I then added my brother, have since added friends here and there, (who have come and gone) but upon checking out fortuna my brother was made "founding warlord". So if it was managed on the backend, it wasn't managed appropriately. I don't have beef with it, it can be fixed (though in this case it doesn't need to be), but I, in fact, founded the clan; yet was not made "Founding Warlord". 

FYI, if you file a ticket with support, they'll assign Founding Warlord to someone who's active. 

I had a similar issue -- my clan's Founding Warlord hadn't logged in for about a year.  I filed a ticket explaining the situation and shortly thereafter I was promoted to Founding Warlord.  Your clan isn't bricked just because the founder's AFK.

• 1 month later...

So I have the same issue, I had 6 deaths in the family so I was gone for a little while. I came back this month and my best friend is labeled the founder when it’s supposed to be me. He doesn’t want it so we have been looking everywhere to find out how to fix it!! Did you guys find out how to switch it back???

1 minute ago, (PS4)itbepaige said:

So I have the same issue, I had 6 deaths in the family so I was gone for a little while. I came back this month and my best friend is labeled the founder when it’s supposed to be me. He doesn’t want it so we have been looking everywhere to find out how to fix it!! Did you guys find out how to switch it back???

You probably should make your own thread about this. Don’t necro month old threads.

But to answer your question, get your friend to message support and ask to make you founding warlord.

Funny story, my girlfriend (gallantblues) is responsible for this change.

She had inherited a clan from friend who no longer played, and became the sole Warlord of the clan (the others left).

However, though she was the only Warlord, she was unable to promote new Warlords.

Apparently, there was someone else still in the clan who had been in longer (but not as a Warlord), and thus she did not have the rights to promote new Warlords.

So she contacted support, they addressed the issue, and in the next hotfix the "Founding Warlord" rank was added.

I think I was more impressed that she made it into the change log than she was 🙂 .

Edited by GunRaptor9000

On 2018-12-12 at 1:11 PM, (PS4)itbepaige said:

That's because your friend must have messaged Support and claimed that you were an "inactive Warlord" (which you were, tbh, with no offense).

Seeing as you were gone for so long, DE must have agreed, and removed you as the Founding Warlord.

So, it's probable that you need to have a chat with that friend....my guess was that things needed to get done in the clan, and since you were unavailable for serious IRL reasons, he decided it was in the best taste not to bother you about it.

Edited by GunRaptor9000