Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Build

Delixilion

I'm currently 3 days from being able to play Chroma, and I need some solid input of a good early game build for him. I understand that Chroma is able to do different types of damage based on his energy color, could someone tell me what they recommend on that note as well, and what each color does?

Strength and Duration is all that matters on Chroma.
Fire and Ice increase your EHP (Fire increases it more, so Ice is useless), Electricity brings some pretty solid AoE Damage (it'll struggle at higher Level Enemies to some degree but it does pretty solid most of the time), Toxin lets you juggle your Weapons faster for making slow Weapons easier to handle or to let you mix your Guns together much more quickly - basically a Support option.

I was thinking to myself about Chroma while playing him in some defenses missions.as u all know, Chroma, is literally, a dragon. i came into conclusion that instead of Chroma's 4th ability(which allows him to create a dragon companion from 50% of his armor) seems a bit, boring. i mean, u create a fire breathing sentinel with tons of health who cant even move from his location. it seems that instead of creating a dragon, giving Chroma a pair of actual wings(and the visual of a more like a 4-leg-walker- giant European dragon with the tail and stuff) and the ability to fly would be:

A. way,WAY more cooler visually

B. giving Chroma the ability to fly not just makes sense since he is a dragon and all, but also can make his gameplay much more fun. i can say personally i would love to try it if it would be possible.

I'm certain that by making all the necessary balances in his abilities, it can be possible. I'm sure that there are many people who will agree with me that instead of his current 4th ability, the new one, which provides him the look of the mythological European dragon and the ability to fly, could be way more fun and awesome to play with, visually speaking and content speaking. I truly hope that those who see this suggestion will be taken seriously, for i'm a fan of warframe for a long time and only wish to make the game better from the perspective of a player in the game. I really do hope it will reach to the dev team.

wish u all a good day😁😁 (my nickname in the game is dbs1a)  

Edited by dbs1a

20 hours ago, taiiat said:

Strength and Duration is all that matters on Chroma.
Fire and Ice increase your EHP (Fire increases it more, so Ice is useless), Electricity brings some pretty solid AoE Damage (it'll struggle at higher Level Enemies to some degree but it does pretty solid most of the time), Toxin lets you juggle your Weapons faster for making slow Weapons easier to handle or to let you mix your Guns together much more quickly - basically a Support option.

Ice isn't useless. Well it is weaker than fire is right now it does have its uses. Ice reflects bullets and can proc cold on the enemy to slow them down. Also if you run a Quick Thinking build Ice is better due to how armour interacts with Quick Thinking.

4 minutes ago, --Excilus-- said:

Ice reflects bullets and can proc cold on the enemy to slow them down.

Also if you run a Quick Thinking build Ice is better due to how armour interacts with Quick Thinking.

which you probably know is not really particularly relevant.

not that anyone would really be using Quick Thinking on Chroma anymore, after the nerf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

which you probably know is not really particularly relevant.

not that anyone would really be using Quick Thinking on Chroma anymore, after the nerf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm just pointing out how ice isn't useless, just weaker compared to fire in terms of tanking. I guess all we can do is hope that to make ice more relevant is change it to straight damage reduction instead of a armour boost.

16 minutes ago, --Excilus-- said:

I'm just pointing out how ice isn't useless, just weaker compared to fire in terms of tanking. I guess all we can do is hope that to make ice more relevant is change it to straight damage reduction instead of a armour boost.

all i ever hope for with things that aren't competitive choices is more interesting, and deeper mechanics :D
though Warframe is going the opposite direction of that in recent years.

18 hours ago, (PS4)sealed_jsword1 said:

I would like cheonan to transform into a dragon but I think the FPS would drop if he increased in size.

Who wants a small dragon who cant even for in doorways?

Maybe make it a special toggle ability for open world maps

I don't think u have to make it larger, but to make him look like an, ordinary, winged, able to fly dragon would be a lot nicer. Not necessarily increasing his size. just change the way it looks when u use the 4th ability. By any means, the point in this idea was to make him more like a dragon when u activate his 4th ability by changing the way it looks and "make him fly" with a pair of wings. An open world option sounds like a great idea but then it gives him two different gameplays for different maps sizes. Therefore making it in his same size or a bit bigger seems cruical. perhaps making it bigger in open world missions then it would be in regular missions could be the solution, but eventually it all sums up in the dev team consideration. I'm just trying the best i can to recommend on some changes that in my opinion can make the gameplay with Chroma much more fun.