The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me looking for a good Shotgun

sasanao22

currently i'm really enjoy using sobek but my problem is sobek can't go for too long, so i'm currently looking review for fellow shotgun user (i like sobek due to large magazine pool and the shooting feeling) what is the endgame viable shotgun with good enjoyable experience to play ? i appreciate any answer either short or long review. Or a way to make sobek viable to go far at least

btw, if somehow i use wrong categories in forum, please move it ^^

Edited by sasanao22

Sobek is actually pretty viable until lv 400.

If you have trouble, you may want to change your build, I'll post mine after the night on plains.

ziNXtvT.jpg

(valid until lv 400 only with sonar banshee...but still valid) you can check the survival record attempt from DanieltheDemon, Smashly, Tyga and Shuul

Or you can use Tigris Prime/Vaykor Hek/Arca Plasmor. All reliable up to Lv 150

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If you have trouble, you may want to change your build, I'll post mine after the night on plains.

hmm i'm gladly accept the build since yeah, i'm enjoy using it a lot xd but feel something wrong with it or my build
in the other hand i just hate tigris and other duplex so that's why i rather skip with that weapon.

My personal favorite is the Corinth, while it kind of does good crit damage, the main utility come down to air burst mode
that is high status.

It is my habit to air burst the enemies if the first shot fails to drop them 
since I mod it for corrosive, the air burst mode does crowd control as well as armor stripping.

So even a group of level 120 corrupted heavy gunner could be relatively easy to keep under control
and killed.

It is pump action, and reloads shell by shell, so in a pinch you could reload one shell and air burst
to clear a crowd of enemies.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Sobek with Acid Shells is pretty amazing, get that Mod (from Kela or Trading) and kersplode the world.

Kohm (even before 100% Status via a Riven) just feels good to let loose, crowd shredder supreme.

Corinth is a Crit Shotgun and a Status Launcher in one. Double the pwnage, double the fun.

Arca Plasmor just melts everything in its path. So, well, that has its uses, I guess.

Phantasma is kind of like strapping an Ignis on a Zarr, and both of those weapons are popular for a reason.

With Riven:

Kohm, becomes a slash status machine with a status chance riven

Drakgoon, same as kohm

With/without riven:

Strun wraith, without a riven it's a solid status which can be built for corrosive and heat with 100% status chance, a riven allows you to also build crit or just stack damage

Boar prime, same as Strun wraith

Corinth, powerful crit shotgun, and a riven just makes it better

Arca Plasmor, decent crit, good status, high damage, and feels nice

Without riven:

Sancti/Prime tigris, 1k+ damage, slash focused, can reach 100% status, 'nuff said (best shotgun for a cowboy)

Vaykor/Normal Hek, very powerful crit shotgun with a syndicate effect

My personal faves are strun wraith and sobek, and most other shotguns are good, but these are definitely the best

Edited by ShiraHagane

19 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

(valid until lv 400 only with sonar banshee...but still valid) you can check the survival record attempt from DanieltheDemon, Smashly, Tyga and Shuul

I suppose anything that would need to rely on another system outside of the weapon itself need to be re-considered with the conditions.

Generally when testing weapons things like Corrosive Projection, Abating Link, even Molecular Prime or Sonar will be taken out of the equation.

Since there could be situations where it is sortie or mission conditions that using one frame over another can be very disadvantageous, 
and the player need a weapon that function with high independence without needing buffs from specific warframe or focus schools.

Then again, extensive testing with different combinations would give the most efficient "combined system"
Iike Dark Dagger + Covert Lethality + Gleaming Blight + Ivara Sleep arrow would make a very deadly combination.

But also because of the combination specific strength makes a Dark Dagger less versatile in terms of deployment options 
than weapons like Atterax or Orthos Prime.

21 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

With Riven:

Kohm, becomes a slash status machine with a status chance riven

Drakgoon, same as kohm

With/without riven:

Strun wraith, without a riven it's a solid status which can be built for corrosive and heat with 100% status chance, a riven allows you to also build crit or just stack damage

Boar prime, same as Strun wraith

Corinth, powerful crit shotgun, and a riven just makes it better

Arca Plasmor, decent crit, good status, high damage, and feels nice

Without riven:

Sancti/Prime tigris, 1k+ damage, slash focused, can reach 100% status, 'nuff said (best shotgun for a cowboy)

Vaykor/Normal Hek, very powerful crit shotgun with a syndicate effect

My personal faves are strun wraith and sobek, and most other shotguns are good, but these are definitely the best

now this one xD i would like to try it and yes tyvm
trying strun wraith atm and enjoying it even the reload bit annoying sometimes hahaha