The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale

LordPancakez

24 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Something that has been received almost universally positively as an alternate means of traversal.

A 1-man side project that one of the devs worked on in their spare time.

Kdrives being well received further proves the point that the community doesn't always know what it wants or will like. DE didn't need to conduct a poll to decide if people wanted hoverboards, they just did it.

They added BR to path of exile as a side project. Could be the same with WF. It's not like DE doesn't know how to manage their staff. If anything the pVP team would handle it, because that's their job... You know ..pvp. 

Venus would be a great place to experiment with that mode. 

It could be interesting. Starting without weapons and having to find them. It would quickly devolve into a meta though, as there will definitely be some frames more suited to start off without weapons than others.... Like Mesa 

Edited by Hypernaut1

19 hours ago, Bao said:

It's like people have half a brain and only want what they want without even considering the repercussions of those decisions.

I think you just discovered one of the main traits of Homo Sapiens. :D

And yes, no PvP in this game please. The farthest I would go is have some friendly competitions with other players -- who gets to do most damage in a 100% copied tileset where all play in parallel, SEPARATE from each other. And guarantee a small reward even for the guy/girl who finishes last. Anything beyond that, please go play a PvP game that is balanced for PvP from the get go. Warframe is not.

19 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

That includes changes to core movement (including new, realistic, and more natural mo-capped and IK-based animations)

If I wanted realism I would go to a yoga class and discover how far can a human body go, mate. Don't forget one of the main reasons for gaming: fantasy and escaping reality.

15 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

I wonder how many people actually read the original post before commenting.

Don't vent. Contribute to the discussion only.

He is stating to have a battle royale "mode", not turn Warframe into a battle royal.

It will divide the community. To this day, in WoW / Kritika / Blade and Soul / Revelation and very likely others, PvE and PvP players largely avoid each other due to core gameplay values differences.

This is also a very good marketing strategy because whether you all like it or not, battle royal games are at the top right now.

And when it inevitably falls out of fashion, DE would be stuck with a game mode that (1) divides its community, (2) took tons of resources to develop and probably alienated its core fan-base and (3) is now no longer played because the hype is over but still requires occasional maintenance. Bonus points: (4) will be stuck with a chunk of its player base constantly demanding updates to a game mode that has nothing to do with the core concept of Warframe.

The only problem is right now the Warframe devs seem to have no intention of making missions more than 4 players in one match.

Because it will ruin the experience. DE cannot afford dedicated servers so they rely on peer-to-peer coordination between the players' machines. It is a very legitimate and valid technical reason. You are very welcome to become an investor and contribute several million dollars a month.

32 minutes ago, Gofretko said:

I think you just discovered one of the main traits of Homo Sapiens. 😄

And yes, no PvP in this game please. The farthest I would go is have some friendly competitions with other players -- who gets to do most damage in a 100% copied tileset where all play in parallel, SEPARATE from each other. And guarantee a small reward even for the guy/girl who finishes last. Anything beyond that, please go play a PvP game that is balanced for PvP from the get go. Warframe is not.

Erh. There is already PvP in the game, you know. There's even an entire Conclave team devoted to maintaining the PvP elements in the game. So if you are advocating no PvP in Warframe, you are many years too late.

Just now, rune_me said:

Erh. There is already PvP in the game, you know. There's even an entire Conclave team devoted to maintaining the PvP elements in the game. So if you are advocating no PvP in Warframe, you are many years too late.

Any source of that claim? I believe there is a consensus that Conclave is largely abandoned (people here on the forums claim that DE said it was a failed experiment) and only occasionally receives number tweaks without any mechanical changes, am I mistaken?

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I honestly don't see the big issue with it. BR modes seem to be easy to program. I say why not. Id at least try it out.

Said every non-programmer ever. In my country we have this saying: "Hundred lashes are easy to endure if somebody else is suffering them".

11 minutes ago, Gofretko said:

Any source of that claim? I believe there is a consensus that Conclave is largely abandoned (people here on the forums claim that DE said it was a failed experiment) and only occasionally receives number tweaks without any mechanical changes, am I mistaken?

Conclave is certainly dead as far as I can tell. I've barely played it myself, and it was not an enjoyable experience. And the last update to it is more than a year old now, I think. But there's someone at DE maintaining it and doing bugfixes.

But your argument was that since no player wants it, DE don't want to implement it, and that is simply wrong. First, obviously some player wants it, since these threads keeps popping up all the time. Secondly, DE doesn't care at all whether players wants it or not. They implement new game modes on a whim, because they think it would be fun. Lunaro, Archwing, Conclave, Frame Figther, the upcoming snowboarding race tracks. No one asked for these. But DE just implemented them because they felt like it. 

Same reason why we'll soon enough have Battle Royal, even though no one will play it. Because DE has no problem spending time and resources implementing new game modes that no one will ever play. They do it all the time.

Edited by rune_me

10 minutes ago, rune_me said:

But your argument was that since no player wants it, DE don't want to implement it, and that is simply wrong. First, obviously some player wants it, since these threads keeps popping up all the time. Secondly, DE doesn't care at all whether players wants it or not. They implement new game modes on whim, because they think it would be fun. Lunaro, Archwing, Conclave, Frame Figther, the upcoming snowboarding race tracks. No one asked for these. But DE just implemented them because they felt like it. 

Same reason why we'll soon enough have Battle Royal, even though no one will play it. Because DE has no problem spending time and resources implementing new game modes that no one will ever play.

Well that is fair -- and expressed that way, I fully agree with you. They should not be 100% player feedback-driven anyway so I am alright with how they do things.

In the case of BR however, it's too big a technical investment, at least my programmer self sees it that way.

Pvp went away effectively here because it didnt fit well with way rest of game works.  Bringing it back especially with a battle royal mode would just piss way more people off than might make happy and be a bad business decision for DE.  No matter what way you look at it pissing 30% of players off to make 10-15% happy is not smart

On 2018-09-14 at 5:26 PM, LordPancakez said:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

What does everyone else think?

Up and coming? More like been there done that. Warframe is a pve shooter. We don't need a crappy pvp

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Kdrives being well received further proves the point that the community doesn't always know what it wants or will like. DE didn't need to conduct a poll to decide if people wanted hoverboards, they just did it.

They added BR to path of exile as a side project. Could be the same with WF. It's not like DE doesn't know how to manage their staff. If anything the pVP team would handle it, because that's their job... You know ..pvp. 

Venus would be a great place to experiment with that mode. 

It could be interesting. Starting without weapons and having to find them. It would quickly devolve into a meta though, as there will definitely be some frames more suited to start off without weapons than others.... Like Mesa 

Dude.... Kdrives isn't pvp, the hell are you on about... There's 0 causality/ train of thought here.

Even if they added pvp associated with K-drives, it'll most likely be a race thing akin to ssx; i.e. still having heavy emphasis on speed. Most if not all suggestion on BR mold in WF places notes on slower gameplay, which is the exact opposite of what made WF such a different experience than the other shooters. THAT's the key dude... wf is DIFFERENT than the other shooters like BR mold, most of the people who suggested this cancer of an idea are the newcomers who may jump ship to the next game within the next few month for all we know.

Using Path of Exile as a point of argument is moot too since it's an April fools joke by the devs of that game at best, and only a miniscule segment of the playerbase went to the subreddit to ask for it to stay. Others actually laughed at the joke and applaud said devs because of what it is... a joke, no a mainstay for that game.

Edited by Tsardova

On 2018-09-14 at 7:37 PM, rune_me said:

I mean, I would say the same for a fighting game, or for a skateboard/snowboard game, but here we are, and we have a fighting game in Warframe, and are about to get a snowboard game complete with time trials and what not. Pretty sure we'll eventually get a half baked battle royal as well.

The difference between those gamemodes and Battle Royale is that the fighting game is a side project, and the Snowboarding serves some small utility, I could honestly care less about the fighting game, and the snowboard is just kind of interesting, but Battle royale is a bandwagon, seeing a BR would instantly turn off some people, as we don't need another TF2, another OW, or another PUBG. Adding Battle royale would instantly mark Warframe as another hypre train bandwagon game thats trying to be popular, and would most likely give it a bad reputation from Fortnite fanatics, and some people would only join warframe for the BR, see that it sucks, and leave a negative review.

You want sushi, go to a sushi place and not a steakhouse, sure, if you go to a steakhouse and order sushi, they might be able to make sushi, but do you really thing that sushi is going to be good? Will it be worth your time? The steakhouse's time? Especially if there is a sushi house right next door.

I don't think Warframe battleroyale would work. Simply the infastructure of the game isn't suited from that. Think about the concept a bit further. From energy economy to Warframe stats all the way to technical limitations. DE would have to rework their whole engine , online - and server infastructure and that would be expensive, it isn't very realistic goal. Nothing wrong wishing but it isn't feasible and just because some trend is currently popular doesn't mean the same shoe fits all feet.