Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale

LordPancakez

3 minutes ago, midtarget said:

Nop

If Warframe does battle royale, everybody will be pissed except the childish Fortnite kids, nobody wants another game added to the bandwagon that is Battle royale, if you want BR, play a BR game, warframe prides itself in being different.

I mean, I would say the same for a fighting game, or for a skateboard/snowboard game, but here we are, and we have a fighting game in Warframe, and are about to get a snowboard game complete with time trials and what not. Pretty sure we'll eventually get a half baked battle royal as well.

Edited by rune_me

12 hours ago, LordPancakez said:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

What does everyone else think?

I think you should go back to fortnite.

8 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

I wonder how many people actually read the original post before commenting. The original poster is actually bringing up a very good suggestion. He is stating to have a battle royale "mode", not turn Warframe into a battle royal. Warframe has always been about giving players options to play and have fun the way they like. Now i personally don't play a lot of battle royale games but from a few I have tried, I can see how fun they can be.

This is also a very good marketing strategy because whether you all like it or not, battle royal games are at the top right now.Having an OPTIONAL mode within Warframe for that would certainly attract a lot of newer players if this is done right. A big as place like Fortuna could certainly be ideal for this. The only problem is right now the Warframe devs seem to have no intention of making missions more than 4 players in one match. Even Fortuna/Venus is being shipped with 4 player cap as well. So I don't see battle royal being something even being considered by the devs.

Anyways, good suggestion @LordPancakez

I'm sure as hell everybody knows you're the one being ignorant here dude...

Opening WF to battle royale mold isn't good marketing; it's the very opposite of it. It signifies DE caving in to trend and wanting to cater to too much instead of dedicating their time to the targeted segment that they have been catering to.

PVP crowd = mostly sweaty and salty for the most benign of reasons. You bring that crowd even as a side of the PVE segment then they're bound to carry that negative "sensibilities"/ attitude to the PVE spectrum.

The only reason Fortnite can even survive is cause they have dedicated/ constant stream of content via skins/ emotes/ etc. I.e. they require more staff who focuses on this segment, i.e.e. more cost on DE while the whole concept may not even fly with how successful fortnite is and it would definitely slow down PVE content generation. Worst case scenario is if DE caved in and implemented a battle royale mode even as a side thing, they'll be branded as "just another cash-in", overshadowing their rep as a great quick paced coop shooter grind.

It's doesn't matter if it's optional or not, Conclave is optional and the demographic that plays said mode is very small compared to the main playerbase who advocate themselves to the PVE content, what makes you think battle royale would be different? safe even? You're not thinking long-term here dude. It's never a good suggestion to jump ship in terms of target audience, especially if an ip's success hinges very much on an established customer loyalty. DE is a relatively small developer compared to the rest and most of their income is from the goodwill from the existing fanbase. Adding battle royale mode WILL inadvertently rub some of said loyal fanbase the wrong way, ergo hurting DE in the long run.

So yeah... it's NOT a good suggestion by a long shot, a naive one if anything.

This could not work in warframe since it is a coop based pve game with a bare pvp. The idea could be nice if they invest into servers to keep huge populations in one instance but that is expensive and this game is peer to peer so technically hard to change it. 

The only thing what could be better and improved if the new raids, dark sectors and lunaro missions can have 10-20 person but these missions needs servers to keep this numbers working. I personally not played battle royale games despite the fortnite is free to play but not really bothers me if they find a way to implement it if that is not messing up the others working systems and game modes.

This again... poor guy ganked with 3 pages of negatory responses.

Welp, should've grabbed the shield:

c5e1XNM.png

Spoiler

PSA: Fortuna is coming, new players are coming, and this meme is old, but relevant again:

3567og.jpg

Feel free to use both images for 4chan-stylized quick reply posts, if you dare.

Sorry.

13 часов назад, LordPancakez сказал:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

What does everyone else think?

Why not, the more game modes, including pvp, the better, in my opinion. But here there is a technical problem. On my, not the worst, computer, Eidolon Plains slow down even when I go to solo. Many people have the same problem. If there will be 100 people ... this will be a turn-based strategy in the style of the Battle Royal))

41 minutes ago, renleech said:

I wonder if the OP creator took the hint or not...

The hint being that the playerbase has no say in what gets added to the game, and that despite them not wanting it, just like lunaro, just like snowboarding, just like frame fighter, we'll almost certainly get a battle royal mode one day, out of the blue, just because someone at DE felt like it. I give it 3-5 months, then we'll have it.

Nope, there are already so many similiar battle royale games right now, if I want to play that kind of game I would already choose one.

I come here to play warframe because I don't want to play battle royals.

So no, DE saves your energy, don't bother with it, you are already spread resource too wide and slow at publish new content already.

55 minutes ago, rune_me said:

just like snowboarding

Something that has been received almost universally positively as an alternate means of traversal.

55 minutes ago, rune_me said:

just like frame fighter

A 1-man side project that one of the devs worked on in their spare time.

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Something that has been received almost universally positively as an alternate means of traversal.

As travel, yeah I'm all for it. I'm talking about the game mode where you have to do timed trials, like in an actual snowboard game, running a race track, collecting checkpoints a long the way, which we need to do to farm syndicate standing on Fortuna. They showed it in the last dev stream. It is basically a mini snowboard game. 

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

A 1-man side project that one of the devs worked on in their spare time.

Which is why I said "just because someone at DE felt like it". Never said it would be a full development team. 

Edited by rune_me